Skip to main content

Masterchef 2024

Create your food dream! That's a hard one. I love food and creating in the kitchen, but I don't think I have a food dream 🤔
... apart for eating what i want and not putting on weight!
Same! I LOVE good food but that's as far as my dream goes...except maybe if I could employ a chef for a few days a week.

I don't like Josh. Anyone who can raise and nurture animals and then slaughter them, I don't understand or want to know.

I don't like Josh. Anyone who can raise and nurture animals and then slaughter them, I don't understand or want to know.
Graziers are a different breed to you and me Feb. Strangely enough, they do care for their stock but at the end of the day it's their livelihood.

I get that, but dont at the same time 😖
As you know, I do eat some meat but not a lot these days. I've always had an opposition to where meat comes from and preferred to think it grew on styrene trays in supermarket fridges. I'm a bit into some plant based 'meats' these days but still eat the 'real' thing at times.

As you know, I do eat some meat but not a lot these days. I've always had an opposition to where meat comes from and preferred to think it grew on styrene trays in supermarket fridges. I'm a bit into some plant based 'meats' these days but still eat the 'real' thing at times.
I understand. It's my own thing. apparently I had issues with it as a young child seeing pig carcasses being shouldered into butchers shops, so my mum told me later in life when I stopped eating meat.
I've never put it on anyone else, but for someone who wants to take all the animals home from the welfare shelter, zoo etc, I find it difficult understanding meat farmers who claim to love their animals. I know they're not pets ... but ... huge sigh!
I feel awful that I ddon't feel the same way about fish. I couldnt kill one myself though, let along gut and scale one.
Fish, unlike sea mammals have thousands of fry and they all eat each other.
A sick world in that respect.
And then they tell you plants have feelings, so basically, we're fucked! 😳

Last edited:
I understand. It's my own thing. apparently I had issues with it as a young child seeing pig carcasses being shouldered into butchers shops, so my mum told me later in life when I stopped eating meat.
I've never put it on anyone else, but for someone who wants to take all the animals home from the welfare shelter, zoo etc, I find it difficult understanding meat farmers who claim to love their animals. I know they're not pets ... but ... huge sigh!
I feel awful that i font feel the same way about fish. I couldnt kill one myself tjough, let along gut and scale one.
Fish, unlike sea mammals have thousands of fry and they all eat each other.
It's not just you Feb plenty of people agree with you including myself. I find it very difficult to reconcile myself to my carnivorous habits and my love for animals...and also my husband was a grazier for many, many years. How awful is that? BUT he and his family always looked after their animals until it was time they went to market. My s-i-l tells a funny story...their stock-agent told her that they weren't going to market but they were going to another farm and were going to drink strawberry milkshakes! I might add that this was relatively recently and she is in her sixties!

It's not just you Feb plenty of people agree with you including myself. I find it very difficult to reconcile myself to my carnivorous habits and my love for animals...and also my husband was a grazier for many, many years. How awful is that? BUT he and his family always looked after their animals until it was time they went to market. My s-i-l tells a funny story...their stock-agent told her that they weren't going to market but they were going to another farm and were going to drink strawberry milkshakes! I might add that this was relatively recently and she is in her sixties!
I seem to remember we've had this conversation before. After a client of mine told me how much his mum loved her cattle, and i said, and then she sent them off to the slaughter house.
Okay. Let's leave it there 🥂🥂

Back