Skip to main content

Masterchef 2024

How long is this series? Have they cut it short to be racing ahead like this?

Fish curry looked and sounded good! I love lamb back straps but the balance was off or confused?

I'd eat both desserts but unsure about the cucumber (I'm not a fan generally, unless it's cooked or pickled)

That was much better. Still too many Woo! girls. I really liked the curry sauce cook, Sumeet, and backwards cap guy, Harry has a nice cruisy energy. I also liked how kind Jean-Christophe was in his judging of the dishes. There was a moment after Sofia dunked on the purple main, when he came up with a totally different and appreciative response and angle. I really like him.

I had no idea who some of the past contestants were last night LOL - was Tamara really there? Cue Mr Stickfingers.
Fantastic seeing Julie Goodwin and the great Declan from Season 2023.
One or two criticisms so far - the judging panel is far too big this year, is the French guy really needed? I would have restricted it to Andy, Poh and Sofia.
The contestants so far - I haven't got a handle on almost all of them, but early days.
Jamie Oliver is also a good addition to proceedings, I hope too they have Rick Stein back later this season.

I had no idea who some of the past contestants were last night LOL - was Tamara really there? Cue Mr Stickfingers.
I wasn't sure. I caught a few glimpses of a blonde girl with that bob haircut but I'm not 100% sure it was her even when I freeze-framed it on 10play .

I didn’t recognise half of them. I do miss when I used to love this show and watch every year, but it just feels flat. The contestants are so subdued now and there’s barely anything of their personalities anymore. Do they still show scenes of them living in the apartment building? The show feels TOO polished now.

Back