Skip to main content

Masterchef 2021

I'd love to try Depinder's fried chicken with mango and chilli glaze but the recipe is about two days long! I could modify it to suit my laziness but would I end up with the same thing? Probably not, but it still might be nice. ;)

Oh Brent is back from quarantine, I was hoping he’d been eliminated and I missed it.

How many cucumber granitas can the judges eat? Too many by my count... hopefully they were all slightly different at least.

Yay Pete! I think he's my favourite.

Of course, I couldn't taste the dishes but surely a fucked up classic carbonara is worse than a dish that didn't quite hit the mark? I really didn't care who went from the bottom four but to screw up a classic is a cardinal sin, isn't it?

I'm not sure who my favourite us at the moment. Kirshwar stands out at the moment, and Tommy.
Then the beardy one is pretty good and Pete.
So I'd say they must be my fave four.

I always laugh when a celebrity chef/expert in their field plants a seed in the contestants minds. Andreas mentions ragout and three or four teams run with it without really considering if it was achievable in their allotted time. Elise was smart (as were some of the others) and her team's menu looked and sounded delicious. Agree with Jock...seafood would have been a much better choice and more than doable in the time allowed.

Therese, Therese, Therese...what were you thinking? Pride and ego got in the way?

If there’s one thing I’ve learnt from this show it’s when they start making a drama out of whether you should use the pin or not, you better use it.

Back