Skip to main content

Masterchef 2021

I don’t fancy fishy lasagne, was that the winner?
I do love fish of all kinds, but I like it fresh and simple....good fish does not need anything else

I don’t fancy fishy lasagne, was that the winner?
I do love fish of all kinds, but I like it fresh and simple....good fish does not need anything else
Yes, made by Aaron.
The second one was a play on scotch eggs made by Pete which looked good too!

Reactions: kxk
Had to serve dessert, back now
Have never had a scotch egg, have you had one?
I have. Went to the trouble of making them twice in my life. The first time was many years ago...the second, just a couple of months ago when I purchased an airfryer. They are fiddly and at the end of the day you may as well just cook sausages and eggs...because that is all they are.

Reactions: kxk
I have. Went to the trouble of making them twice in my life. The first time was many years ago...the second, just a couple of months ago when I purchased an airfryer. They are fiddly and at the end of the day you may as well just cook sausages and eggs...because that is all they are.

Anyone remember when this bloke made some scotch eggs? lol Warning video contains course language! lol

Anyone remember when this bloke made some scotch eggs? lol Warning video contains course language! lol

Yes, I remember Peter Russell-Clark...and his scotch eggs (I think he was my inspiration for making them years ago)...I used to love watching him...he was just an 'ordinary' cook but man could he cook!

SO glad Pete won immunity and that Elise and Wynona used their pins tonight but sorry to see Minoli go...I liked her...but her dish tonight did sound awful.

Yes, I remember Peter Russell-Clark...and his scotch eggs (I think he was my inspiration for making them years ago)...I used to love watching him...he was just an 'ordinary' cook but man could he cook!

SO glad Pete won immunity and that Elise and Wynona used their pins tonight but sorry to see Minoli go...I liked her...but her dish tonight did sound awful.

Yes I remember watching those little 5 minute segments of "Come And Get It With Peter Russell-Clark" on channel 2 when I was younger...lol

You know I always thought that one day those original Australian tv chefs like Peter Russell-Clark and maybe others like Iain Hewitson etc would have at least one day made a special appearance on Masterchef. All you see them doing these days is promoting steak knives on those paid advertisement channels.

Poh makes me laugh. She always comes over as being so demure and polite, then she opens her mouth and laughs like a machine gun! 😅

mmm...only person who was able to get their sweet tart shell out of the mould was Eric and that's because Jock told him how to do it...I hope it was just an editing thing but I didn't see him give anyone else the same advice.

In any case, I think the right person was eliminated going by the judges overall comments.

Oh dear, yes there are a few tart shell disasters!
Sabina is having a nightmare!
Theresas looked great.
Conners looked awful.
Kershwas looked like a disaster, poor thing. She might pull it off as a deconstructed tart!

Last edited:
And the sweet ones.
Eric's looks good.
Sabina's well, 😬 it resembles a poop! 😅
And Maya, another deconstructed tart.
Tough challenge since what they hoped to be doing got changed on them.

First time I haven't watched a series in a LONG time. Is it any good? Am I missing anything spectacular? Or is still Ordinary people EXTRAordinary food for the billionth time?

I'm enjoying it. I really like the new judges, which I hadn't thought I would at first when the other three left. They are really amusing.
All likable contestants. I find I'm more interested in the start of each episode to see what they have to do, and the the end result.
Still worth a watch if you're interested in cooking/food.

I really enjoyed last nights episode. Using normal kitchen staples. They all made great dishes.
They all seem so gracious. No big heads!

First time I haven't watched a series in a LONG time. Is it any good? Am I missing anything spectacular? Or is still Ordinary people EXTRAordinary food for the billionth time?
Like February, I'm really enjoying it too and for all the reasons she cited. But yes, it's still ordinary people cooking extraordinary food. I get some good ideas which I adapt and 'dumb down' to more of a manageable dish for my time and the amount of effort I'm willing to put in. Long gone are the days of spending hours cooking.

Back