Skip to main content

Masterchef 2021

I'm loving this cloche picking.
Justin shouldn't have got curious. He's made it way harder for himself.

Last edited:
I thought all dishes tonight looked and sounded a bit underwhelming for this stage of the competition. Hopefully, they all lift their game next week.

Potatoes? Seriously?

Sorry to see that person go but you could tell the beef was blue from the start. Mel was right. sliced thinly and put into the broth may have resulted in a different outcome. :(

Potatoes? Seriously?

Sorry to see that person go but you could tell the beef was blue from the start. Mel was right. sliced thinly and put into the broth may have resulted in a different outcome. :(
Tommy :(
But you're only as good as your last dish, and that blue beef had to go.

I'm not convinced about Pete's dish.
Not that it wasn't fine dining, but in my opinion it didn't 'hero' potatoes, it just turned them into a fancy schmancy side dish.
Do you think anyone would be happy with that as their main?

That was such an interesting challenge. Didn't think Pete was going to pull it off - again!
Yeah, Tommy :(

It's sad again to see someone go.
Another interesting challenge.
Don't want to day who at this stage for those who still haven't watched.

Tommy :(
But you're only as good as your last dish, and that blue beef had to go.

I'm not convinced about Pete's dish.
Not that it wasn't fine dining, but in my opinion it didn't 'hero' potatoes, it just turned them into a fancy schmancy side dish.
Do you think anyone would be happy with that as their main?
I, for one, would not be happy but I wouldn't order it either. I love Pete but his vision and my palate are at odds I feel.
That was such an interesting challenge. Didn't think Pete was going to pull it off - again!
Yeah, Tommy :(
Bit sick of it tbh...it's worse than Poh looking at the oven until the last second.
It's sad again to see someone go.
Another interesting challenge.
Don't want to day who at this stage for those who still haven't watched.
Thanks Feb.

Yes, it was sad to see someone go again.

I would've liked to try Elise's barley risotto and Justin's lobster and tarragon...they sounded yum!

Surprised they let that person go, they were the most confident.

I wouldn't bother with fine dining but if I could buy just Justin's tarragon butter lobster I'd be all over it.

I wonder how much it would cost. Probably about $500 per person for the 6 course meal?

I've had lobster at home when I bought them frozen, but not in a restaurant.
About 5 years ago I was out with my parents and I was tempted to order the lobster for myself. There was no price on the menu but when I enquired I was told that because it was out of season it would be cooked from frozen, and would be $110. I politely declined and think I went for garlic prawns for about $30 instead.

I wonder how much it would cost. Probably about $500 per person for the 6 course meal?
Maybe not that much...

"Lucas also told the publication that while mains at Society will cost between $40 and $50, and $30-$40 at Lillian Terrace, there will also be plenty of options to choose from in between and that diners will be able to choose anything from either menu so they can tailor their dining experience to suit their budget."

The Latch - full article
I've had lobster at home when I bought them frozen, but not in a restaurant.
About 5 years ago I was out with my parents and I was tempted to order the lobster for myself. There was no price on the menu but when I enquired I was told that because it was out of season it would be cooked from frozen, and would be $110. I politely declined and think I went for garlic prawns for about $30 instead.
My favourite lobster dishes are lobster thermidor or newburg...so yum!

Haha! You should have bought some last Christmas when they were practically giving them away.

Thanks Feb.

I would've liked to try Justin's lobster and tarragon...they sounded yum!
Pleasure.
I would love to try that too. I might hunt down the recipe and if it doesn't look too time consuming I might give it a whirl.
I looked up one from the other week. I think it was a Singapore fish one. They said it was a brilliant dish. But when I looked it up, it would have taken a day to have made it. How , whoever it was, made it in a couple of hours I don't know. So I aborted that mission!

Sorry to see that person go too!

In other news, my mum made one of Adam Liaw's recipes tonight and it was delicious.
A chicken bake kind of like this, but with no basil or pasta, and using fish sauce and mozzarella cheese
1623819141281.jpg

No surprises there that Kishwar, Justin and Pete got through ... drum roll for the last two ....

Last edited:
Back