Skip to main content

Masterchef 2020

They all seem to know so much about cooking, balancing flavours etc but at the same time their knowledge can be a bit limited...which is to be expected in ones so young.

I found the reaction to the oysters funny (not being a big fan myself) but Tiffany knew it was seafood of some sort and although she couldn't see them I would have thought the feel would have given them away...prawns don't feel anything like oysters but maybe she has never experienced either.

BUT they're all great little cooks. Sad to see Ryan, Porsha and Etka go home. I was particularly interested in Ryan and Etka's cuisines.

Umm, yes, that's an unfortunate ear.
Ruby and Laura are my favourites. Just love them.
That was an interesting episode with them following Andy's instructions.

I didn’t notice until last night. I can just see Filo growing up into a stereotypical happy Italian chef.

Ruby is the one that does actually annoy me a bit, well her and Ben.
They're all confident kids and display the exuberance of youth but I can see how it could be a bit annoying. I'm not usually a fan of kids in general but these kids are nowhere near as precocious and obnoxious as some I've met. Sometimes I'd like to give some of them a "toe in the hole"...if you know what I mean...

I can't believe how those kids got stuck into those cake boxes with both hands and tucked in!
I couldn't believe the waste. I know they say food is never wasted on MasterChef but how could anyone eat those cakes after the kids demolished them like that? I also think maybe one cake/box would have been enough...not sure how that would've worked though.

I couldn't believe the waste. I know they say food is never wasted on MasterChef but how could anyone eat those cakes after the kids demolished them like that? I also think maybe one cake/box would have been enough...not sure how that would've worked though.

I agree. For the theatre of it they probably needed one each, but they should have had them eating a piece (with a utensil, not non-socially distanced hands) each. The wastage of all those expensive bespoke cakes was not justified.

The art of making noodles is amazing!
I Just get them out of a packet. Never thought about how they got into a packet, apart for a machine.

Last edited:
Back