Skip to main content

Masterchef 2020

I felt for Laura burning her hand, but the rest was kind of inevitable.

With an open pantry and the option to cook your dream meal, it does make me wonder if they are guided into choosing native ingredients and fine dining dishes featuring not-very-delicious sounding ingredients like Davidson plums and jerusalem artichokes, that you would never order in a million years.

Yeah it was an odd finale, beyond the fact that Emelia had been leaked as the winner a long way back. It's like even the people in the show had heard in advance who was going to win.

I'm a bit concerned how the show veered hard from the eclectic styles earlier on towards 'fine dining' over the last few weeks. It may be due to the fact that this back-to-win competition came down to the most experienced restaurant chefs, but I hope that it doesn't represent the future under these judges.

During the back end of the show, when Covid 19 started & they couldn't hug etc, I found it stupid, as the were locked down & none of them could leave the MC bubble.

I read after a contestant left in the car, they were taken to the apartments where they were all staying to pick up their belongings. Where I am sure hugging etc happened.

For a final the meals didn't seem final worthy. I compare it to us cooking 2 minute noodles & having a scoop of ice cream & saying that is fine dining.

Kids version
Adds have me stumped
How the hell do they get that good that young?
They must start at 2, and be somewhat ocd surely?

At similar age I could make scones
But preferred to be outside playing cricket or having adventures

Hope they give viewers some insight about their families & how they became so skilled

I'm looking forward to this tonight. I wasn't going to watch the last one, but I did. I ended up getting right into it. The kids are wonderful. Not at all pretentious, and I think with these new judges it'll be even more fun.

Nice feel good show. Kids are all cute and amazing cooks for their ages...some, of course, beyond their years. Good luck to them all.

Reactions: kxk
Kids version
Adds have me stumped
How the hell do they get that good that young?
They must start at 2, and be somewhat ocd surely?

At similar age I could make scones
But preferred to be outside playing cricket or having adventures

Hope they give viewers some insight about their families & how they became so skilled

A lot of them have chefs and restaurant owners for parents.

Kids can usually be precocious little turds on tv, but these kids are a good bunch who seem to have been brought up right.
How sweet was it when the little girl helped the other one complete her dish?

Kids can usually be precocious little turds on tv, but these kids are a good bunch who seem to have been brought up right.
How sweet was it when the little girl helped the other one complete her dish?
Exactly. The last lot on the first season were really nice as well.
I thought it funny when the wee boy said he loved being therre and hopes he can stay there for the rest of his life!

Exactly. The last lot on the first season were really nice as well.
I thought it funny when the wee boy said he loved being therre and hopes he can stay there for the rest of his life!
Also, the way Sashi's son handled being eliminated, despite being a favourite who might be expected to win, was more gracious than most adults.

Filo was so funny with his olives and turkish delight.
I love how supportive they are of each other.

Last edited:
OMG, their faces when the oysters came out. At an ad break, so waiting ng to see her reaction when she smells and puts her fingers in. I wonder what her reaction will be and if she actually pits one in her mouth.

Back