Skip to main content

Masterchef 2019

Very happy that my faves survived - Derek, Simon and Tati. I like Anushka too.
Not that I didn't like Sandeep, but I think he had reached his limits.
No surprise that Tessa played her pin.

Thanks for posting, it was interesting to read even though I completely disagree with the opinions in that smart-arsey review.
It was unnecessarily Simon-bashing, just because their favourite Sandeep went home.
Whatever the process to get there, the judges deemed Simon's dish tasty and worth him staying. The reviewer, who could not taste it, is not in a position to argue and insinuate that Simon does not deserve to be in the top ten.
They are "done" with the show - no great loss if they are that fickle.

Thanks for posting, it was interesting to read even though I completely disagree with the opinions in that smart-arsey review.
It was unnecessarily Simon-bashing, just because their favourite Sandeep went home.
Whatever the process to get there, the judges deemed Simon's dish tasty and worth him staying. The reviewer, who could not taste it, is not in a position to argue and insinuate that Simon does not deserve to be in the top ten.
They are "done" with the show - no great loss if they are that fickle.

The same can be said to anyone here who complained about people of the likes of Georgia,Rose,Matt,Chloe (season 8),Tamara,Chloe (last year) and Steph making it further then they arguably should have. We don’t taste the food, the judges do. The editors also chose which scenes of the cooks and what parts of the contestants personality we see, nothing of what we see is the fault of the contestant.

The same can be said to anyone here who complained about people of the likes of Georgia,Rose,Matt,Chloe (season 8),Tamara,Chloe (last year) and Steph making it further then they arguably should have. We don’t taste the food, the judges do. The editors also chose which scenes of the cooks and what parts of the contestants personality we see, nothing of what we see is the fault of the contestant.

I've commented that Tamara/Rose/Steph were annoying on television, and were favoured by the judges, but I don't cast aspersions on whether they can cook or not. I've never criticised them as revenge because someone I liked wen t home.

Sandeep was a nice person. Sorry he had to go, but happy with those who stayed.
It's just that end of the competition now.
It's taken us all ages to actually find our favourites, Although it seems Derek has been all of ours from early days.
All the best now to the final ten.

Didn't see much of tonight's.
Not sure if anyone went into elimination.
Simon would be glad sweet week is over, he's much better at the savoury stuff.

No one going into elimination from tonight. No pressure test.

No elimination tomorrow. Winner of the challenge tomorrow will just join Simon and Nicole in the immunity challenge.

Simon did very well.
I'm glad he won immunity once Derek didn't.
Too many people cooked fish, I found Simon and Derek's choices more daring and experimental.

Final 10 has been more interesting in my mind.
I was surprised Nicole "out brothed" Derek, but she deserved her place. I'm yet to watch the last half of the program.

I think the final 6 should be Simon, Derek, Nicole, Tessa, Anuska and Larissa, feeling the winner will come out of that 6.

I think the final 6 should be Simon, Derek, Nicole, Tessa, Anuska and Larissa, feeling the winner will come out of that 6.

I’d agree with you 100% on those 6. They’re probably the most consistent along with Ben as well who I’ve liked the whole way but has really started to thrive. Tim and Tati are more one hit wonders and Christina at this point has mainly been surviving rather than thriving (to quote Larissa). Personally I’d really love to see Tessa win this.

Back