Skip to main content

Masterchef 2018

Thanks all for another good night. The real Masterchef judges should be Mr Stickyfingers and 2 or 3 others, you guys know far more about the process than bloody Mehigan and Colombaris and Preston

...haha!... thanks my friend but myself and any 2 others from these forums would never cut the grade as judges I'm afraid... we all suffer from something called 'honesty' and 'fairness'... they would never hire us lol!... but!... if they did... boy!... wouldn't the show be shaken up a tad?... lol!... but regardless... we can dream can't we?... they can't take our dreams from us can they?... lol!... cheers.

I think Shannon led the Garry and George to pick the best dish. This is why we need Shannon as Judge. Get rid of Garry. George is fine without the influence of Garry

...I felt the same about Shannon... but I would dump George though because even without the influence of Gary... old habits die hard as far as I'm concerned delcan lol!... cheers.

That pressure test tomorrow night, the one they don't get to see or get the recipe for.........how bloody ridiculous!
And bloody Chloe up there on the gantry, giving advice............ugh[DOUBLEPOST=1531657819][/DOUBLEPOST]Shannon telling Reece he's a contender to win this competition - not what Gary and George wanted to hear.

So much hate for Ben and Chloe

...I wouldn't call it 'hate' for either Chloe or Ben shadow2... especially for Chloe (in my case at least)... I actually like Chloe... I just 'hate' the fact that Gary and George have done their usual seasonal stunt and have favoured 2 or 3 of the contestants again this year with Chloe/Ben and earlier in the series Sarah... Sarah has been gone for a few weeks now because even Gary and George were unable to save her so that left Chloe and Ben... from my own personal point of view I'm always hoping against all hope that both Ben and Chloe fail big time so that even Gary and George cannot save their favourites and perhaps... just perhaps... someone that DESERVES to win it on their own merits alone and because they are the BEST cooks will finally win it and for that reason alone... so no 'hate' from me towards either Chloe or Ben... just hope that fairness will prevail... (as if eh?)...

...Chloe is a cook that works well in group challenges because she is told what to do and just does it... and does it quite well at times... but when she does a challenge on her own she is way below par compared to many others around her both past and present... she is not very good at organising herself and gets flustered easily... Chloe should have gone about 10 eliminations ago (in my opinion anyway) but both Gary and George has 'looked after' her and have 'nursed' her through to this level now... myself and perhaps some others may 'hate' the idea that Chloe is still in the competition because of the way that Gary and George have gone out of their way to keep her in... but no 'hate' for Chloe herself from anyone I don't believe...

...it's the same for Ben... he should have been gone weeks ago too but as others have said on here... they want a guy to win it this year and it looks like Ben has been their 'chosen one' and have protected him all the way through this too shadow2... Ben has obviously watched many past series of Masterchef before now and talks in past cliche's on every sentence that he utters... he doesn't speak naturally... he speaks in well rehearsed sentences from past series and Gary and George just love him for it... hence him being one of their 'chosen ones' (from my point of view anyway)... and hence the probable collective dislike of Ben...

...both Chloe and Ben (as was Sarah) are/were just victims of Gary and George's usual tactics of manipulations to get THEIR favourites to the finish line... whereas Chloe is totally oblivious to what Gary and George are doing for her because she believes that she is still there on her talents alone... Ben and Sarah realised straight away that they were both two of the 'chosen ones' and then they both quite willingly went out of their way to play up to it to ensure that they remained as the 'chosen ones' (as far as I'm concerned anyway)... that's the difference between Chloe to both Ben and Sarah to me at least...

...as I said shadow2... I don't believe that there is any actual 'hate' of Chloe and Ben... but many of us may possibly be 'hating' both Gary and George for doing their same old stunts to ensure that THEIR favourites get through to the final line that's all... but having said all of that shadow2... I do like Chloe... but she should not still be in the competition based solely on her cooking skills... but I've never liked either Ben or Sarah because they use the fact that they are Gary and George's favourites as an advantage and both shouldn't be where they are/were based solely on their respective low 'cooking skills'...

...so no... there's no actually 'hatred' towards any of them from my viewpoint... just a total dislike of the reasons as to why they have got so far and are still there for the wrong reasons that's all... there have been at least 3 occasions where Ben should have gone by now... even more for Chloe but they are still there so................ cheers.

Thought I’d see who is popular or not off this forum by checking their Instagram followers (‘000s), #MC-finish.

(Samira is a fantastic food photographer BTW)

Jess 17.5
Brendan 16.8 #9
Khanh 14.9
Michelle 11.9 #19 (I’m guessing she had a substantial number of followers pre-MC)
Sashi 9.8
Samira 8.9
Hoda 8.2 #11
Reece 8.1
Kristen 6.3 #8
Aldo 6.0 #13
Chloe 5.2
Ben 5.1
Loki 4.4 #18
Sarah 3.5 #10
Jenny 3.2 #15
Gina 3.0 #12
Tim 2.9 #20
Jo 1.5 #17
Lisa 1.3 #14
Brett 1.0 #24
Adele 1.0 #21
Genene 1.0 #16
Denise 0.7 #22
Metter 0.4 #23

Chloe and Ben are the least popular of those remaining. So I don’t think we’re that off in our perceptions here.

I don't hate any of the remaining contestants, they all come across as very nice people.
As Mr Stickyfingers says, the problem is the 3 judges and the producers deliberately favouring or giving extra help to 2 or 3 contestants - Sarah, Ben and Chloe in 2018.
The amount of manipulation to achieve a certain outcome sort of destroys the Masterchef process - yeah, I know it's reality TV, it's the way it works on all of the shows, but still, it leaves a bad taste in the viewer's mouth.

I feel like in the past few years, they have decided which person they think would be the most "marketable" as a Masterchef winner, that's why the last few supposed winners have been duds, in my opinion(Elena and Diana). Think about it, Matt Sinclair and Ben from last year were overall the more consistently good cooks over their respective seasons. And coming 2nd in 2016 hasn't hurt Matt Sinclair, very much the reverse - owns his own restaurant in Noosa, has his own TV show, does ads for olive oil etc.
As for this year, I reckon they initially picked out Sarah/Big Red as their idea of a 2018 winner, then after she got eliminated, they decided to switch their allegiance to Chloe, who as a "stay at home mum" ticks the Julie Goodwin sort of box. Similarly, Ben fits the mould of the "blue collar good Aussie bloke who can cook a bit", a la Andy Allen or Brent.

As for tonight, I think it's time for Ben to go, he surely can't survive yet another pressure test. Again, I don't dislike Ben..........I think he's a good guy. But, I can't see him being on the same culinary level as Sashi, Khahn and Reece

I feel like in the past few years, they have decided which person they think would be the most "marketable" as a Masterchef winner, that's why the last few supposed winners have been duds, in my opinion(Elena and Diana). Think about it, Matt Sinclair and Ben from last year were overall the more consistently good cooks over their respective seasons. And coming 2nd in 2016 hasn't hurt Matt Sinclair, very much the reverse - owns his own restaurant in Noosa, has his own TV show, does ads for olive oil etc.
As for this year, I reckon they initially picked out Sarah/Big Red as their idea of a 2018 winner, then after she got eliminated, they decided to switch their allegiance to Chloe, who as a "stay at home mum" ticks the Julie Goodwin sort of box. Similarly, Ben fits the mould of the "blue collar good Aussie bloke who can cook a bit", a la Andy Allen or Brent.

...I think that Matt Sinclair's biggest mistake in his year was in telling Gary and George that he wanted to win so as to enable him to buy himself a 'food truck'... Gary and George must have had palpitations when they heard that... how DARE he lower the tone of THEIR Masterchef by wanting to just serve out of a 'lowly Food Truck'!!!!!!!... their ideal idea of a Masterchef winner is that each and every one of them become World class Chefs and open their own Restaraunts after being on their show... Matt telling them that at the beginning ensured that he would never win it for that reason alone... the trouble is... Gary and George could not suppress Matt's great ability to cook and they tried to get him out on several occasions but he kept being a thorn in their sides regardless...

...at the end of it all they were determined that Matt would not win his year and perhaps to satisfy the outcry from people like us across the media they 'allowed' Matt to come 2nd... not win it but become 2nd... so yet again... Gary and George's manipulations of events come back into question... the show really does have to dump them both to renew and refresh it and to create a truly fair competition whereas people win it purely on their abilities to cook only... until that happens... nothing will change... cheers.

Back