Skip to main content

Masterchef 2013

Seriously, do any of them actually have a clue as to basic preparation and cooking skills? I'm still watching though as there are a couple of people I do like.

I'm still watching, too; but, in the interests of full disclosure, I admit to being a cravat-coveting crazy lady.

yes yes yes Michael gone. wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, so far he is the only one I really wanted gone.

That opera singer would drive me insane. There's just no way to escape the bloody noise and attention-seeking; she clearly doesn't pick up on social cues.

That opera singer would drive me insane. There's just no way to escape the bloody noise and attention-seeking; she clearly doesn't pick up on social cues.

She bugged me too. She's seems confused as to whether she's on X factor or masterchef...

The opera singer (Clarissa?) also seems like a bit of a bully. I'm not keen on Noelene at this stage but I did sympathise with her having to deal with the cacophony blaring around her.

Jam, I'm rather partial to a bit of cravat ogling myself. (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) heheh

Thank goodness Michael is gone...that is all! lol

I am watching on and off, the other night prior to one of the team challenges there was way too much of that motivational woop wooping and back slapping (from the men and women) it was cringe worthy and not what I want to see on Masterchef, they have really lost the plot.

Agreed. There's just too much forced and unnecessary noise. A murmured 'jolly well done, chaps' would be pleasing, though.

I am watching on and off, the other night prior to one of the team challenges there was way too much of that motivational woop wooping and back slapping (from the men and women) it was cringe worthy and not what I want to see on Masterchef, they have really lost the plot.

Hmm.

There is something about some shows, the noise they produce, the padding packages, the sounds of some shows give me a pukey headache.
I have found it really difficult to get past the noise of 9's package on the Block, so I've watched bits of it & struggled. The host and other 9 people, their voices kill me. The cheesey packaging kills me. But I have managed to get into the all stars and this one more - but generally just watch first bit of week and reveals.

And Master Chef is full of cheese and noise, I literally can't bring myself to endure bouncy George and his noise.
And food - I'm over food on TV, food, food, food - sick of it.

I'm really liking House Rules, I get to peek at how others live and there is hardly any channel 7 just the contestants.

Biggest Loser I cannot get past the adds and don't want to

I posted earlier saying I thought Noeleen was going to be like this year's Debra (the slightly snobby older woman in last year's MC) but I feel kind of bad now as I'm watching the episode where she faces off with another contestant and she seems like a perfectly nice person, and more sensitive/fragile than I first thought. I didn't think Debra was that bad either though but either way it was probably a poor comparison, and comparing former and current contestants based one or two superficial similarities was poor form on my part.

I think it was just one remark about one of the other contestants in an earlier episode that lead me to prematurely form an opinion of her that might not have been at all accurate. Though there's always the chance (assuming she is still in, I'm a couple of eps behind) she'll do something later that will make me change my mind yet again, wait and see I suppose :D

I posted earlier saying I thought Noeleen was going to be like this year's Debra

It's good of you to say you may have made an incorrect assumption. Most people just hammer on once they've done that, no going back!

But I did think when I read your earlier post, the only thing those two women have in common is that they are both older women! This makes either or both of them automatic targets in some people's views. Not so much here, but elsewhere.

Only half watching tonight, did Emma win an immunity pin just by cooking off against a bunch of other contestants? Seriously how much easier would that be than cooking off against a 5 star Chef. MC has lost the plot.

Only half watching tonight, did Emma win an immunity pin just by cooking off against a bunch of other contestants? Seriously how much easier would that be than cooking off against a 5 star Chef. MC has lost the plot.

Yes she did and I agree. Last year it would have only been her getting the chance to cook off against a professional chef for the pin. She only got into that group because Lucy thought she was one of the weaker contestants that she could beat. It was way too easy for her to win that. I don't get it, last year they had the show fine tuned and really good, this year they have thrown their own winning recipe out of the window. It wasn't broken, why are they trying to fix it?

So I wonder if there is a story behind MC using a new pastry chef. Usually they have Adriano doing all of the super difficult cake recipes. I wonder if there has been a falling out or if they are just spreading the joy.

Oh I just happened on MC in the dark repeat- it's quite funny.........these people seem like good fun

And then - got sucked in, watched all the repeats, and I love the cake round winner, Christina I think?

She's just lovely and fun, and I didn't want to get sucked into MC again.At least that creepy guy in the adds is gone.

Glad I got to see the opera singer get chucked out - but fun to watch her, totally freaky.

These people seem more natural, liking it.

Last edited:
Back