Skip to main content

Martin Place evacuated, hostages held at Lindt Cafe

If you go on the girls actual page, her family have made comments too. She works at Westpac across the road. She looks like the girl from one of the first images holding up the flag.

This is so scary.
Yes, I just posted this too. Looks legit.

My husband looked up that profile and she's a wespac employer from the area. I thought it could have been a fake at first too but now I think it could be legit. looks like it could have been the blonde woman at the window at one stage.

Yeah that's what made me share it here. The account is genuine and she works in westpac, but then again it seems odd they are allowed to have their phones on :L I'm so nervous I don't know what to believe :(

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's legit. Those are the same demands Ch 10 was reporting initially and had said that the hostage taker was using the hostages to get his demands out. Ch 9 wouldn't say what the demands were but confirmed that hostages were being made to use social media to get his requests out instead of him talking with the police directly at the time.
This guy is a twisted, sick individual. I can't believe it's nearly been 12 hours now.

I've stopped watching TV and have not looked at the ABCnews24 stream in hours. Can anyone give me a quick recap of who these brother are?

My fear when I lived in Bondi was the Westfield being attacked. It would be packed right now with Christmas shoppers wouldnt it? Big Jewish population there too. Hoping if the "brothers" Are real that they will not be targeting such a big place.

And now media is trying to link the chocolate store invader to a home invasion in Belgium? These men with guns and flags are attention seekers, they thrive when the media cooperates to make them seem more than they are. The media dramatics help no-one but the ones they call "terrorists".

I'm thinking this too!! This night feels so uneasy. I'm currently in Liverpool and have not stepped away from the tv and I keep calling hoping for an answer...ahhh!
Damn just too awful for you not knowing. :(

Hugs[DOUBLEPOST=1418639676][/DOUBLEPOST]
My fear when I lived in Bondi was the Westfield being attacked. It would be packed right now with Christmas shoppers wouldnt it? Big Jewish population there too. Hoping if the "brothers" Are real that they will not be targeting such a big place.
Lindt shop at my Westfield was closed today due to what is happening.

I've stopped watching TV and have not looked at the ABCnews24 stream in hours. Can anyone give me a quick recap of who these brother are?
No idea, tv are not releasing the last demand on that request so not too scare people. All we know is what that woman posted

I live up the road from Westfield and I was down there before and would you believe it was dead! The streets were pretty much empty. I've never seen it so quiet before (and i've lived here for five years).

Damn just too awful for you not knowing. :(

Hugs[DOUBLEPOST=1418639676][/DOUBLEPOST]
Lindt shop at my Westfield was closed today due to what is happening.
Same as the one in Chadstone here in Melbourne apparently.

The two brothers are what's the concerning part and I suspect (have no proof of this but just making a conclusion) that this is why this is the info that Ch 9 didn't release re the demands due to not wanting to "hinder police investigation". While obviously what's happening at Lindt is a massive priority, the worry would be what others are doing as it's almost impossible to track. Just like with the Boston Bombers. You can't check every alleyway, under everyone's desk in the CBD, everyone wearing a backpack, every rubbish bin... they could be anywhere and if you go after this guy in Lindt this could set the other two guys off. They could take him out if they wanted to already and yet they haven't. Without them knowing where the other two are - it then turns into a bigger disaster than it is already.

We don't know. Looks like just one in there but its unknown if he has friends on the outside.

I live up the road from Westfield and I was down there before and would you believe it was dead! The streets were pretty much empty. I've never seen it so quiet before (and i've lived here for five years).
Thank god, I've got so many friends down there. I moved away 3 years ago

I haven't really seen proof that this is a genuine political statement. Having a "there's only one god" flag doesn't exclude that the bloke is having a psychotic episode or committing an act of violence against his ex at her work etc

The whole thing looks like an unbalanced, temper driven act by a lone dickhead: he's got no backup, no comrades and no right to sensationalist media coverage/publicity..

If he was that political, he'd already have an ISIL flag, he wouldn't need to ask NSW police to get one for him.

Yeah, that's why I am holding back a bit - I'm hoping it is just some person randomly wanting attention for some relationship issues or so they can be "famous"

Back