Skip to main content

Love Island Simland (Sims 4 Love Island adaptation): I need your help!

FX Sims

Hello y'all! It's my first post since I enrolled here! 👋

To introduce myself, I'm a French content creator on YouTube / Twitter and Instagram. I'm a huge fan of Big Brother (and the French version of Big Brother "Secret Story") and reality shows like Love Island or The Circle !

On my YouTube channel you can watch reality shows adaptations with the game "The Sims 4", it's dubbed in French because my audience is mainly French / Belgian / French Canadian people, but you can read the subtitles in English and Spanish !

Currently I'm producing "Dilemme" (Dilemma in EN), it's a kind of Big Brother, but the housemates are divided into 2 teams, orange and purple, and they have to face dilemmas to increase their pool of money. There are challenges, nominations, and evictions. My followers can interact on the program by voting to give advantages for the housemate of their choice, etc.

During the last weeks of my English studies at University, I started to work on an adaption of Love Island in the Sims called "Love Island Simland", it will be aired this summer (after my university exams ended), and I need your help to produce it in the most reliable way of Love Island. I explain myself: to you, what is the main aim of Love Island in terms of design, Islanders characteristics, topics, music, and post-production technique ?
I really want to realize my adaption like the real ones, like when you'll watch my episode you will say "that's could be a real one". In France, we had "Love Island France" on Amazon Prime, but it was cancelled after 2 weeks of broadcasting due to COVID-19 pandemic and there are no news about a future season... so my adaptation will be based on Love Island UK/ AU/ US.

I'll be taking note of your advices, have a good day! 💛

(I apologise if my post is not in the right forum, I thought this one was the best fit).

Attachments

• FQFte5WXEAM_jzD.jpg
    FQFte5WXEAM_jzD.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 3
Hello hello hellooo !

It's been a while since I last posted on this thread, I've been very busy in the last few months in my personal life and as a result I lacked time for my sims video projects.
In the last few weeks I have released two videos, two trailers of my sims adaptation of Love Island under the name "Love Island Simland". For the curious who will stumble upon this thread, if you want to see more of my work I'll leave you the two trailers posted on my YouTube channel "FX Sims".
My videos are made in French but don't worry the subtitles are available in several languages.

Trailer 1:
This is a trailer totally created by me, with a lot of editing and video effects that presents the concept of the show.

Trailer 2:
Once again created entirely by myself, this trailer features host Sana, who gives us a brief tour of the villa where the Islanders will be staying for a month.

In parallel to Love Island Simland, I'm also working on the continuation of a show that could be similar to Big Brother, called "Dilemma". A video/daily is coming out soon.
I hope you enjoy my work, although it's all amateurish of course.
Have a good summer!

Brilliantly done. (Is there a French version of Love Island BTW?)

Dilemme was a cheeky pleasure of mine when it aired a decade or so ago - one of the better Big Brother rip-offs, but also one of the few Big Brother rip-offs to be legally declared so, so forbidden from having any future series.

Brilliantly done. (Is there a French version of Love Island BTW?)

Dilemme was a cheeky pleasure of mine when it aired a decade or so ago - one of the better Big Brother rip-offs, but also one of the few Big Brother rip-offs to be legally declared so, so forbidden from having any future series.
Thanks a lot @Brekkie ! There was a first season of Love Island in France broadcast on Amazon Prime, but the COVID19 pandemic was starting at the time and the programme had to be cancelled after two weeks of broadcasting due to regulations in South Africa. I'm sure a season 2 is planned but filming has been postponed (no word on when), the French version of the show put the budget on the first season, I think they don't want to take a risk again at the moment.

However Amazon Prime France announced a few months ago a new dating show that would revolve around astrological signs "Cosmic Love" presented by Nabilla (the host of Love Island France), I guess they will test this format and see if it pleases before relaunching Love Island.

I was 11-12 years old when Dilemme was aired in France, and due to its non-censorship I couldn't watch the programme, I discovered it a few years ago. I was a big fan of Secret Story (the French format of Big Brother), I was not interested in other programmes before ahah.

After the Secret Story producers sued Dilemme for "similarity in setting and mechanics of the show", the production (of Dilemme), which won the lawsuit, did not renew the show for a second season because the show had been criticized a lot at the time for its lack of censorship and that it could shock children when it was aired during the day.

The version of Dilemme that I'm producing in Sims 4 is a mix between its original concept, Big Brother and The Circle, I really wanted to do something that was inspired by our era with an old concept ahah. But it takes a lot of time to make because I'm alone behind my screen, I write the scripts, I do the filming sessions in my game, I do the editing, and all the communication and promotion behind each show, it's a long process but I'm really passionate about what I do.

I just stumbled upon this when searching for Love Island UK.
I'm a Sims 4 player😊

Back