Skip to main content

Love Island Australia 2021

I watched a lot of the UK season this year and it was so entertaining! So excited for the Australian series to be coming back. Would've liked to apply for this one but I wouldn't have the time to put things on pause to film. I probably would've more seriously considered it if it was 3 or 4 years ago. I regret not applying for the original.

I watched a lot of the UK season this year and it was so entertaining! So excited for the Australian series to be coming back. Would've liked to apply for this one but I wouldn't have the time to put things on pause to film. I probably would've more seriously considered it if it was 3 or 4 years ago. I regret not applying for the original.

If you did apply for the original, would you have applied as a way to get famous or as a foolish way of finding love?

Much better in NSW
Not really, the new location likely won't even look half as good as Port Douglas
If the production company is based in NSW then it's probably better to keep it in NSW. If they filmed in QLD who knows what would happen? I think they make decisions very quickly up there and uncertainty is not good if you're on a schedule to film a TV show.

Abbie Chatfield to host Love Island After Party, the Australian version of Love Island Aftersun.

Abbie Chatfield set to continue the Love Island Australia fun as the host of Afterparty​

Abbie Chatfield

This is for the fans of Love Island Australia who can’t get enough of the show: in 2021, Afterparty will launch to accompany Season 3, with Abbie Chatfield announced as host.
Every week, join Abbie Chatfield and a bunch of celebrity superfans as they dissect all the Love Island Australia highs and lows with Afterparty . Featuring all the very latest gossip, behind-the-scenes stories, and exclusive former and recently dumped Islander interviews, Afterparty is your sure-fire way to debrief and stay up to date with all that’s happening and about to happen in the Love Island Australia Villa.
“I’m a big reality TV fan, a big Love Island fan. And I think Channel Nine love me!” Abbie said with a laugh to 9Entertainment. “What did lead to it? I love Love Island , I love talking, I like gossiping, I like talking to people about their opinions. It kind of was a perfect storm, you know?”
Abbie Chatfield joins the Love Island Australia family as the host of Afterparty. (Nine)
Abbie’s own experience with dating TV shows means she’s well-placed to chat to dumped Islanders who may still be reeling from heartbreak and shock.
“I’m looking forward to offering a different perspective than I guess other potential hosts could have,” she said. “I may have a bit more empathy for people that are maybe not as liked by the public, but I can also have some insight into how these things tend to work.

Good choice. I think Abbie has the right kind of personality for this role. I don't think Season 2 had anything like this either so I like that they seem to be building on the main show this time.

Abbie Chatfield to host Love Island After Party, the Australian version of Love Island Aftersun.

Abbie Chatfield set to continue the Love Island Australia fun as the host of Afterparty​

Abbie Chatfield

I always thought she'd be a contestant on the show. Unsure how she'll do in this role. But good luck to her.

Back