Skip to main content

Looking

I’m about 3/4 of the through episode 1 of the QAF reboot… I want to have an open mind but find it difficult not to fault find.

There are some pretty obvious callbacks to the original series. Some work, some I think we could do without.

The sex is a lot more graphic than it was in the original.

I’m finding the pacing a bit off. The characters don’t feel as fleshed out or relatable as they did in the original UK/US series. The cast also feels a bit too large at this point which adds to the pacing issues.

The opening gimmick (for lack of a better word) would have played much better as a season finale vs the premiere. I understand what they were going for but it just doesn’t work.

I’m finding the pacing a bit off. The characters don’t feel as fleshed out or relatable as they did in the original UK/US series. The cast also feels a bit too large at this point which adds to the pacing issues.
I find myself wanting to watch that episode again before continuing. I blame the brownie.

I find myself wanting to watch that episode again before continuing. I blame the brownie.
I don’t feel like you’d be missing much if you just continued with the next episode. There really aren’t any blink and you’ll miss it moments and the callbacks to the original feel tacked on for the sake of trying to tie to two series together. They aren’t clever in the way they were in the original US series.

Last edited:
I’m surprised the majority of, if not all, reviews are praising the QAF reboot. It was terrible.

I barely made it through the first episode and I, as well as so many people I know, will not be continuing. Bad writing, horrible acting, uninspired characters and the storyline “twist” was absolutely in poor taste. Especially given its premiere was a day or so before the anniversary of Pulse.

There was also zero chemistry or believability in any form between Brodie and Mingus. It was cringe watching the show attempt to remake Brian and Justin / Stuart and Nathan in such a contrived, unrealistic way.

Some things should just be left in the past.

Last edited:
I can’t believe it’s not being more criticised than it is.
It’s only the critics giving it praise. The general public have been much more critical.

The Plus style shooting… In a way it ties the series back to the original and it was an attempt to give the series a sense of realism. The problem I have with it is that it had no heart. It was empty. Triggering for the sake of triggering. In that regard it was in poor taste. As I said above it would have been a better season finale.

I’m surprised the majority of, if not all, reviews are praising the QAF reboot. It was terrible.

I barely made it through the first episode and I, as well as so many people I know, will not be continuing. Bad writing, horrible acting, uninspired characters and the storyline “twist” was absolutely in poor taste. Especially given its premiere was a day or so before the anniversary of Pulse.

There was also zero chemistry or believability in any form between Brodie and Mingus. It was cringe watching the show attempt to remake Brian and Justin / Stuart and Nathan in such a contrived, unrealistic way.

Some things should just be left in the past.
The whole relationship with a minor aspect of the original needed to stay in the past. We live in a world where conservatives are accusing gays of grooming young children… We don’t need media depicting the very thing we’re being accused of.

Is there even a signicant age difference? The guy seemed no more than 2-3 years older than Mingus.

Is there even a signicant age difference? The guy seemed no more than 2-3 years older than Mingus.
Brodie is in Medical School which requires 4 years of undergraduate studies as a prerequisite. If he went right to collage after high school and is only a first year Med student he'd be about 22 or 23. The gap is nowhere near what it was in the original but it's still about a 5 year age gap.

Alright I’m out. In episode 3 they rip-off my favourite scene from the UK series where Stuart blows up Alexander’s homophobic mothers car.

Shocking
I would have watched more tbh. Oh well.

Back