Skip to main content

Lockdown.

Danny

Equipment Inspector
Awesome site donor
If Big Brother starts on the 7th, that means the housemates would be going into lockdown towards the end of next week — would I be correct in saying this?

I'd love to know if they change the location of the lockdown each year, or if they do it in their own setup or in an actual hotel. I know they did it in an actual hotel back when it was 10, but is 9 up for this?

I'd love to know if they change the location of the lockdown each year, or if they do it in their own setup or in an actual hotel. I know they did it in an actual hotel back when it was 10, but is 9 up for this?

Didn't 10 use Palazzo Versace?

Hahahah Tim stripped down to his undies with the heating turned up to do Birkham yoga! Lol

Lockdown would drive inumeenu round da bend...

Well Ben from Brisbane posted this about his time in lockdown, so it's a hotel, just which one, we don't know.

Providing you're all interested. I thought weekly, in anticipation of the new series of Big Brother Australia, I might release never before seen, photos of my time in lockdown.

Here I am being photographed in my hotel room for the Courier Mail. Notice I'm in my opening night outfit, & the much used ironing board in the kitchen!
10557171_267024273486118_552062981458520410_n.jpg

tim dormer ‏@timdormer 4h
I hear this years @BBAU9 housemates will soon be in LOCKDOWN...find out what goes on from @RealHeidi @JadeAlbany & I http://bit.ly/1q03tv6

Big Brother is the ultimate social experiment for the special few selected as Housemates, fizzing with unexpected twists and surreal scenarios. But did you know that the Housemates are subjected to one of Big Brother's most gruelling tests before they even enter the House?

While the rest of Australia is busy counting down the days until Launch Night, the new Housemates are whisked away, one by one, for the final phase of Housemate conditioning: Lockdown.

Locked away in a secret location on Queensland's sparkling Gold Coast, the new Housemates are cut off from the outside world completely. In Lockdown, there are no phones or internet, no news sources, and no direct access to the outside world.

Here, the new Housemates are given the necessary time and space to prepare mentally and emotionally for the biggest rollercoaster of their lives to date.

Former Housemate Heidi explains a typical day in the life of a Housemate in Lockdown:

"Wake up, eat brekky. Whale watch over the glorious ocean. Exercise. Eat. Watch episode after episode of Gossip Girl. Eat. Talk. Eat. Watch another episode. Talk. Eat!"

The transition from normal life to the extraordinary world of Big Brother was one that last year's runner-up Jade found a challenge.

"During Lockdown, you wake up and [try to figure out] how many nights you have left in confinement, and then try and take as long as possible to have a shower and make breakfast," Jade says. "Once that's done, you have all day to walk around your hotel room worrying about whether or not you'll be the first person evicted!"

Suffice to say, some of the more imaginative Housemates had no trouble whiling away the days!

"Sometimes I would hide in my room from producers when they came to collect me, they would freak out thinking I had escaped," 2013 winner Tim remembers. "Other times I would create an obstacle course throughout the unit and run around like a caged animal until I had blisters on my feet from carpet burns. And one time I turned the heating up really high, stripped down to my undies and did bikram yoga!"

They use hotels. Different ones all over surfers.

Back