Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

Just watched The Batman in a theatre w/a giant bucket of popcorn & soda (it's over 3 hours eeek) great movie well worth going to the theatre

The Eternals.

Was boring. I think Marvel films, but this is the first one that was just boring.

No Time To Die

Massive Bond fan. Grew up with them. Loved Craig's Bond. Gasino Royale is one of my all-time favourite films, so I've got a deep emotional connection to his Bond. The rest of his films have ups and downs, but I really enjoy them all. Even if I really hated the choices they made with Blofeld in Spectre and trying to wrap up the previous films into that. This film encapsulates everything that is Craig's time as Bond. It's a mix of all that.

Some really great stuff. Not so great and also stuff that doesn't work for me. The villain's plot is weak, but then you don't go to a Bond film for the villain's evil plan.

The first hour is fantastic. Absolutely superb without a misstep. There's a great scene in Cuba and Arna De Armas is a treat! The second hour is still great but some cracks appear. Last 40 minutes it kind of goes off the rails. Gets a bit messy but still with great stuff throughout it. This might be sound like I've being done, but the film does remake good throughout. I just ultimately wasn't satisfied by how they sought to bring all the lose ends together with wrapping up the villian's plot and Craig's time as Bond. like how I didn't like how they tried that in Spectre. Yet ultimately, still a great watch.

It actually kind of is following the trajectory of the previous 4 films, condensed into one movie.

The 2 hour and 40 minutes flies by. There's never a dull or boring moment in the film. Superbly crafted and made.

They're said it's definitely Craigs last film. Sad to see the end of his era but of course, as it says at the end of the credits. "James Bond will return."

I'll be there for that, hoping they can knock it out of the park like they did with Brosnan's and Craig's first entries.
Did it say ‚James Bond will return‘ or ‚Bond will return‘?

I liked it - I like the Bond movies although I haven‘t seen all of them. I watched it on a flight. I kept having to pause it to recover from the dramatic tension! And I love Ana de Armes. She is fabulous!

I liked it - I like the Bond movies although I haven‘t seen all of them. I watched it on a flight. I kept having to pause it to recover from the dramatic tension! And I love Ana de Armes. She is fabulous!

It was "James Bond will return."

Ana de Armes was great. Fun little tidbit, her legs in that fight scene were CGI. It was shot without her wearing high heels. So they replaced her legs in post.

The level of CGI in the film is ridiculous. Although the quality is top-notch and so you don't notice almost every location and set has a CGI overlay/extension.

The Bond films are worth exploring. Even the lesser ones still have good stuff. There are also good documentaries about the making of each film on the DVDs / blu-rays. I wish streaming services would have special features. They really can help you appreciate and understand films on another level.

I wish streaming services would have special features. They really can help you appreciate and understand films on another level.
I agree with this so much. I don’t often watch movies more than once (with a few notable exceptions) but I used to spend so much money buying dvds and then blurays for exactly this reason. Sometimes I wouldn’t even watch the movie because I had already seen it at the cinema, but I would watch all the special features. Miss that.

Ambulance
It's a solid Michael Bay action film. Does the job.

Everything Everywhere All at Once
Very weird and interesting film. It's highly entertaining and creative.
Michelle Yeoh's character who has a very dull and stressed life running a drycleaners, versus the multiverse. It's really hard to explain with out it sounding like some Marvel stuff. Which it is not. She can start to access the abilities of other versions of herself in a fight against someone seeking to destroy all realities. Watch the trailer for an idea. Very weird film. Some genuine big laugh out loud moments.

Speaking of which.
Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness
It was entertaining, it's Marvel. I don't think anything made much sense and I am getting sick of these just being people swirling their hands, balls of power and no real consistency on what the powers can and can't do.

Last edited:
I saw the latest movie from the Harry Potter universe -do not recommend. Even with two fantastic lead characters it was a terrible movie.

It’s called Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindewald and it was so bad I almost walked out.

I haven’t been going to the movies much since COVID started.

However, I did watch a great movie on Netflix called The Gentlemen. I think most people would like it and it would have been a big hit if it wasn’t released at the beginning of the pandemic.

I saw the latest movie from the Harry Potter universe -do not recommend. Even with two fantastic lead characters it was a terrible movie.

It’s called Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindewald and it was so bad I almost walked out.

I haven’t been going to the movies much since COVID started.

However, I did watch a great movie on Netflix called The Gentlemen. I think most people would like it and it would have been a big hit if it wasn’t released at the beginning of the pandemic.

I never even finished the original Harry Potter films. They got boring, but I understand the book fans and many love them.

The Gentlemen was quite good. Guy Ritch is making a follow up as a TV series for Netflix. No details on what exactly it'll be are known yet. I think I read during lockdown he started to write a sequel. Then just kept writing and writing and so made it a TV series.

yes, she was ben afflecks last romantic interest so this new movie may give j lo a bit of pause
so much chemistry but she does have that engagement ring whopper to ease her mind haha

I saw Dr. strange and the multiverse of madness and I liked it. Be prepared this is a violent movie that was close to being R rated. I thought it was more like a horror movie than a superhero movie.

Just saw the new Top Gun. Absolutely fantastic! Every bit an enjoyable as the original, with enough nods back to have a sense of nostalgia whilst being a good movie in its own right let alone a good sequel.
A captivating story, epic flight / fight scenes and great characterisation. Thoroughly enjoyed. My local Hoyts just upgraded to new Xtremescreen with recliners etc. I highly recommend seeing this on an Xtremescreen or event Vmax or equivalent. It’s made for a big screen 🤩

I’m not always a huge fan of Tom Cruise but Top Gun is special! Can’t deny he’s a great Maverick!

Just saw the new Top Gun. Absolutely fantastic! Every bit an enjoyable as the original, with enough nods back to have a sense of nostalgia whilst being a good movie in its own right let alone a good sequel.
A captivating story, epic flight / fight scenes and great characterisation. Thoroughly enjoyed. My local Hoyts just upgraded to new Xtremescreen with recliners etc. I highly recommend seeing this on an Xtremescreen or event Vmax or equivalent. It’s made for a big screen 🤩

I’m not always a huge fan of Tom Cruise but Top Gun is special! Can’t deny he’s a great Maverick!
Also my kinda spoilery opinion:
The new recruits were well characterised and developed that I think they could carry a new film with OR without Tom Cruise.

I saw Dr. strange and the multiverse of madness and I liked it. Be prepared this is a violent movie that was close to being R rated. I thought it was more like a horror movie than a superhero movie.
I’m a little bit mixed about The Multiverse of Madness to borrow a famous BehindBB word.
Elizabeth Olsen is absolutely terrific. She is a wonderful actress and the movie could really be a Scarlet Witch movie. However
she is a little bit overpowered. It was cool to have the cameos but then she just killed them all with little fuss.
I liked the concept and
Zombie Dr Strange was really cool, but I think under-utilised.
the final ‘fight’ scene was a little underwhelming imo. The resolution while poignant was a bit flat imo.

I’m a little bit mixed about The Multiverse of Madness to borrow a famous BehindBB word.
Elizabeth Olsen is absolutely terrific. She is a wonderful actress and the movie could really be a Scarlet Witch movie. However
she is a little bit overpowered. It was cool to have the cameos but then she just killed them all with little fuss.
I liked the concept and
the final ‘fight’ scene was a little underwhelming imo. The resolution while poignant was a bit flat imo.
I think all the acting was excellent. I thought Cumberbatch did a fantastic job.

I agree about the ending being a bit underwhelming.

I liked the concept and

I think Marvel is starting to fumble with characters' powers. While there was always a level of characters' powers being as strong or weak as they need to be for a scene. Once they get into straight-up magic it starts to become even worse and the shows/films start to become even more incomprehensible.

Spiderman No Way Home was fine because there's a sense of what Spiderman and the villains can do.

With Doctor Strange and Scarlett witch. It seems their powers are unlimited and always up to the discretion of the writer at the time of writing a scene.

Why can Scarlett witch snap her fingers and kill some superheroes. Yet get into fistfights with others. None of it makes any sense.

Fucked if I know what the powers Moon Knight had was. The show, like the Multiverse film just become a bunch of non-sense and relies on being entertaining in the moment, not as a cohesive overall piece. It is getting tiresome.

I think Ms Marvel will probably have this problem also as they've supercharged her powers because they mistake that as being what makes a strong character.

Ratatouille is extremely overrated.
Yeah? I remember it being good the one time I watched it.

I've now aged to the point I am entirely out of the loop with Pixar and animation. Even though I don't think of it as kids stuff. I just never catch up on the endless content.

I think the last animated film I watched was Zootopia on an international flight somewhere. It was actually pretty good.

Now that it is not just me posting.

Top Gun: Maverick

Saw this in Imax, in the best seats in the premium seating. It was great fun! It does the thing that The Force Awakens did, where it's basically a remake of the first film. However in this case it's a much better film than the original. As opposed to that film, this loves the original and the characters. Does vaguely the same thing but does so in a much better way. Follows on the story, has emotion and growth. The airplane stuff is stunning.

I may end up seeing this again in the theatre.

Yeah? I remember it being good the one time I watched it.

I've now aged to the point I am entirely out of the loop with Pixar and animation. Even though I don't think of it as kids stuff. I just never catch up on the endless content.
I’d never seen it before but a lot of people say it’s the best Pixar film and it has a pretty high rating. The animation was good, as you’d expect, but it was all pretty shallow with flat dumb characters only suitable for kids and the messaging was really muddled too.

I watched the original Top Gun again last night for the nth time in anticipation of Top Gun: Maverick.. I still enjoyed it.

Unfortunately, I won.t be seeing Maverick at a cinema...so I will have to rely on renting and streaming it when it's available.

Last edited:
I never even finished the original Harry Potter films. They got boring, but I understand the book fans and many love them.

The Gentlemen was quite good. Guy Ritch is making a follow up as a TV series for Netflix. No details on what exactly it'll be are known yet. I think I read during lockdown he started to write a sequel. Then just kept writing and writing and so made it a TV series.
Loved the Gentlemen, all the accents (especially Hugh Grant) & um....Colin Farrell in his brief "filum" making career e i e i omg eeeek lol was spit take amazing (can't unsee it) lol

I think all the acting was excellent. I thought Cumberbatch did a fantastic job.

I agree about the ending being a bit underwhelming.
Cumberbatch is outstanding, although I'm still partial to him as Sherlock. Also as a fan of penguins, his problem w/them is hysterical

Back