Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

out of curiosity, why did you think it sucked?

The shakey cam was sickening... I felt queasy....

The fact that you were not given many answers in the narrative of the story also left me with an unsatisfied feeling. Just left me with more questions than answers and an empty feeling afterwards.

Yeah, see I liked the different approach, and just going along for the adventure. For the approach of the film, it would have sucked to have then had non video camera scenes of the white house or whatever, or to have a prologue explaining it or something. Approach not for everyone and I guess if you don't buy into the situation it'd suck.

I saw Orphan today.

It was one of those movies where you just get really angry all the time. The anger being directed towards the little freaky bitch of a girl, of course. I didn't think the "twist" thing was really all that needed though - that was the one thing about it that let me down. But, overall, I really enjoyed it.

Cloverfield - the best part involved the monsters/aliens. The human characters left me a little cold, they were slap dash, and the ending was a bit hollow, but the aliens were more fun than watching Stephen Fry drive across the southern states in a black London taxi.

Yes iJake, the "Orphan" film - I saw the bilboard poster at the Jam Factory on Sunday night, looks to be quite a reasonable horror flick. Could be wrong though. Generally I think the cinematic horror releases are getting better and better these days. "The Strangers" last year was particularly spooky.

Don't get me wrong.. I enjoyed Cloverfield. I just would have liked a closed ending. It wasn't a 'make you think' movie so to have to make my own ending, I kinda felt ripped off.

I want to get the poster for Beautiful Kate .....The big use of shadows makes it look awesome

PS. Due to heavy reviews I have decided not to go see this in a cinema as I will come out depressed, but wait for the DVD...

Oh and if anyone knows anyone in one of these places or connected to them. Can you try and get me a poster?

There was a trailer for "Twilight" (the "New Moon" sequel) on the Today show, and I thnk my other half now wants to see it.

Hmmm, not sure, don't know if I want to be in a cinema with bubblegum chewing teens, but we'll see. Well, it's not that, I'm not sure I'd enjoy teen love storylines.

Just go when the teens are at school or otherwise occupied - or go goldclass they can't afford that - can they even get in there if they serve alcohol?

That kid in Orphan is awesome she's only about 12/13, she was amazing at the end bit.

Teeth......

An obscure horror movie about a woman with a quirky problem..... And that's where the horror aspect comes in......

It's quirky and somehow still fun.

Yeah so is that actually good, i never checked it out because I heard it was just an interesting concept but lame.

I've been wanting to see that movie for a long time. I'm not really a horror fan but that has got to be the greatest movie premise I've seen in quite some time.

This afternoon I watched Driving Lessons starring Rupert Grint and Julie Walters. It's not too bad really. Julie Walters steals the film pretty much, she's a stellar actress. Grint was decent. Not a bad way to spend 90 minutes.

Inglorious Basterds got a good review on At the Movies tonight. Clips revealed that Tarantino's typically idiosyncratic dialogue will feature heavily again.

Lots of good movies out at the moment.

Yeah I've been psyched for that movie for so long. It seemed like it was never gonna be made. Tarantino is the best dude.

Teeth......

An obscure horror movie about a woman with a quirky problem..... And that's where the horror aspect comes in......

It's quirky and somehow still fun.

Teeth was a good film , horror thats for sure !!!!!

eeeek

saw district 9 last night... interesting , different than I thought it would be.

reminded me a little of...enemy mine

URL="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089092/"]enemy mine[/URL]

Made a better book than a movie AFAIC (especially the ending of the book), but Dennis Quaid was well cast I thought.

Hmmmm, wouldn't mind scoring the DVD though, even just to serve as a vehicle for a moral lesson for numba1son.

[edit] Scored. Cheers ebay.

regarDS

Last edited:
Inglorious Basterds got a good review on At the Movies tonight. Clips revealed that Tarantino's typically idiosyncratic dialogue will feature heavily again.

Lots of good movies out at the moment.

I honestly just don't quite see it yet... none of the trailers or clips i've seen have been all that interesting. The clips on the movie show were all so pointless.

I do find tarantino a bit hit and miss and while he can be excellent, he can also be very overrated.

I think honestly, I just don't have the faith he can succeed, but a lot of reviews say he does, so i'll go see it. I am still dubious as the film apparently has little action or violence despite being 2 and a half hours.. when isn't that the point of this film? a comic book nazi movie? I am also kind get a bit annoyed at the way history is rewritten in films. There's always rooms for fictional takes,some are just ridiculous like all those US war films taking credit for things the british did, although some can be entertaining. Only have seen it once by the laughable inaccurate U571 i enjoyed in the cinema. But there are many deliberate changes made in war films for political reasons. Is this another, lets all feel sorry for the Jews to appease the crimes of Israel film, or is it just generally a comic book, fictional screwed version of the war for entertainment. I am curious how it'll turn out.

I must also say, I do find Tarantino laughable when he claims the film would have been realistic if these people existed. Well then, are we to look at the basterds as a terrorist cell of war criminals then who should be executed?

I hope it's all done with enough style and well written enough to work, but yeah I aint buying into the hopes and nothing has sold me on it so far.

I'm looking forward to Basterds, I love Brad when he's mental and going mental Tarantino style should be good value.
I went to a Kill Bill double whammy last night, I hadn't ever gotten around to seeing the 2nd bit, I did enjoy the 2nd film much more than the first bit. The Astor in Melbourne does these great double bills Wednesday nights for 8 bucks.

Has anyone seen Let the Right One In? It's on in 3 weeks at my Astor, was screened at the Melb film fest, swedish film about a 12 year old vampire kid, supposed to be a good haunting film.

Back