Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

Elvis.

Wow wow wow. Absolutely brilliant film.
It’s a harrowing story, many details I was unaware of. Tom Hanks is expectedly incredible. Austin Butler is unexpectedly (because I didn’t know of him previously) absolutely amazing as Elvis. He captures the talent, brilliance, sparkle and sadness of Elvis.
I went in thinking it would be alright, I was absolutely blown away. It’s a typical big showy Baz Luhrmann film but covers the sad and poignant moments of Elvis’ life clearly. I laughed, I had a huge smile on my face and … yes… maybe even a few tears.

I’m a HUGE fan of Austin Butler now.

Wow!

RRR
on Netflix

The film is utterly ridiculous, dumb, but extremely entertaining, smart and earnest. You can't help but have a smile on your face throughout the three hour run time. It's an Indian film and it just does stuff that Hollywood films would just never do and is all the better for it. It is extremely silly, childish, but also has moments of high emotion, violence, action and gore. It's everything.

It's such a strange mix. The characters are in high impact action scenes, with drive and purpose. Yet then there's a childish friendship and it is great! How often do we get films that just celebrate two adult men becoming friends and the joy of that?

I watched it about a week ago and the main dance number is what stands out to me, great music and just joyous. Puts a smile on my face just thinking about it.

Elvis.

Wow wow wow. Absolutely brilliant film.
It’s a harrowing story, many details I was unaware of. Tom Hanks is expectedly incredible. Austin Butler is unexpectedly (because I didn’t know of him previously) absolutely amazing as Elvis. He captures the talent, brilliance, sparkle and sadness of Elvis.
I went in thinking it would be alright, I was absolutely blown away. It’s a typical big showy Baz Luhrmann film but covers the sad and poignant moments of Elvis’ life clearly. I laughed, I had a huge smile on my face and … yes… maybe even a few tears.

I’m a HUGE fan of Austin Butler now.

Wow!
I saw this last week, and was totally blown away by it as well. Everything you've said sums it up perfectly.

The ending had me in tears. So sad.

I saw "Top Gun - Maverick" yesterday. I honestly thought after I purchased my ticket, why the f did I choose this movie? I'm probably going to walk out of it half way through it.

Well, thank f I bought that ticket because the movie was fantastic. Better than I expected, and I would go and see it again. It had action, a few lol moments, and a great storyline. I loved it.

Definitely worth checking out.

I saw "Top Gun - Maverick" yesterday.

Definitely worth checking out.

I would have gone back to see it again in the cinema is I didn't get COVID. Now if I go back to the cinema it will be to be disappointed with Thor.

Tom Cruise knows how to make an entertaining movie. Even his supposed bad recent films like The Mummy or Jack Reacher aren't unwatchable.

Mission Impossible is still king. Edge of Tomorrow or Live Die Repeat. Depending on which title it goes by these days was fantastic and missed by many.

Let's enjoy a photo from behind the scenes of Tom in the up coming Mission Impossible films.

af82bbb88259eb5c0b934cc032613d7d.jpg

Eega (2012)
Such a fun and silly Indian film. It's about a man killed by a jealous man who is also interested in the same woman. He gets reincarnated as a fly and sets out on a plot of revenge. It's from the director of RRR (on Netflix, go watch!), which is fantastic by the way. Really enjoyable film. It was on Prime. Seriously, it's got the Tollywood cheese of Indian cinema but it's really well done because you really connect and are invested in the fly character. Brillant work there.

Obviously there are subtitles in Engish on Prime.

Black Panter: Wakanda Forever
One of the least entertaining Marvel films for me which is a shame. I thought the first was one of the better Marvel films. Went into that with middle territory expectations. It surpassed them. Went into this with low expectations and it was below them. Plenty of people apparently like the film, so it could just be me.

Last edited:
Back