Skip to main content

Keeping in touch

qtkt

Vicar of Goondiwindi
Awesome site donor
Hi everyone. The forums went down a few times recently and a few of us were worried that we wouldn't be able to stay in touch if they ever should disappear for any length of time or - heaven forbid - forever.
I have started a secret Facebook group called Behind BB Panic Room. Because it is secret you need to be invited to join in - or supposedly even to find it. Someone might like to test that theory. In the meantime, please pm me your Facebook details so I can invite you along and I won't be all alone.
@Mr Stickyfingers, I had your email address so hopefully have already sent you an invitation. Hopefully it was the correct P C I sent it to.

...this is such a great idea sweet lady... as soon as I saw your email message I clicked on the 'JOIN GROUP' button in your email and it went to the Facebook page but I got this message...

2018-09-10_15-04-24.jpg

...so I'm not sure what happened because as I said on another thread I've not been on Facebook to post regularly for about 7 or 8 years from memory so I can't work it out lol!... this is obviously a case of 'teething problems' no doubt lol!... but as I said qtkt... what a great idea... we've just got to iron the bugs out I guess?... cheers.

...this is such a great idea sweet lady... as soon as I saw your email message I clicked on the 'JOIN GROUP' button in your email and it went to the Facebook page but I got this message...

View attachment 54054

...so I'm not sure what happened because as I said on another thread I've not been on Facebook to post regularly for about 7 or 8 years from memory so I can't work it out lol!... this is obviously a case of 'teething problems' no doubt lol!... but as I said qtkt... what a great idea... we've just got to iron the bugs out I guess?... cheers.
Ok. It looks like you have to be my Facebook friend before I can add you. So, Sticky, will you be my friend. I’ll pm you my Facebook page name.

@oddjob I thought I sent him an invitation but nothing shows up under that. I obviously sent him something because he responddd. I’ll try again when he ‘friends’ me.
Glad to hear the privacy is working. But it’s a bit too private at the moment - I’m alone 😂

@oddjob I thought I sent him an invitation but nothing shows up under that. I obviously sent him something because he responddd. I’ll try again when he ‘friends’ me.
Glad to hear the privacy is working. But it’s a bit too private at the moment - I’m alone 😂

On the group page, there should be Admin Tools, then Member Requests. Is there anything there?

No requests there at all.
I’ve got it set up so that any member can invite and accept another member - so Folks would only need to ‘friend’ someone they trust and feel comfortable with.
It’s worth a try. Easy enough to delete if no one takes up the offer.

...hi qtkt... I managed to get in on that Facebook account dear lady... woohoo!... there's only one downfall for some of you though... you will see what I look like... I just hope that none of you need shock therapy after seeing my ugly mug that's all lol!... cheers.

Well it's not really for me, but I am on Twitter as timmydownawell and if anyone's curious about my life in Cambodia I am bassborg on Instagram.

Maybe we can do a link with twitter, can you set up groups on twitter?
I am a very basic twitter user, still learning, it is convenient and fast

Maybe we can do a link with twitter, can you set up groups on twitter?
I am a very basic twitter user, still learning, it is convenient and fast
You can have multiple recipients in a PM on Twitter, but it's not a very elegant solution. What we really need is a chat room.

Back