Skip to main content

Keeping in touch

Chat room sounds like an idea. Facebook can blur the lines between personal/internet persona too much which some people may be uncomfortable crossing. A chat room might provide a semblance of anonymity.

Years ago, there was a live chat room here. I've just checked but apparently it's an extra (paid) add-on to Xenforo. Anyway it wouldn't be much use if the site went down.

There are free chat sites like this one, we could have a chat room there?

Having a look and all the ‘recommended’ and ‘most active’ chat rooms are about sex, teens (and teen sex...) assorted racism, religion, and other similar unsavoury topics.

Not a site I’d want to be even near much less associated with using just because of the potential ‘impressions’ it might give, despite the innocent nature and focus of our discussions.

Having a look and all the ‘recommended’ and ‘most active’ chat rooms are about sex, teens (and teen sex...) assorted racism, religion, and other similar unsavoury topics.

Not a site I’d want to be even near much less associated with using just because of the potential ‘impressions’ it might give, despite the innocent nature and focus of our discussions.
Be that as it may, it was just one of various sites that come up on a random free chat site search. If we agreed on a site and name for a chat room (BehindBB would be my suggestion), then anyone who wanted to keep this as a backup could bookmark the site just in case. In any case BBBA rarely goes down, and tbh as long as it only goes down on a non-Survivor night I really don't mind :D Feel free to suggest another free chat room site that suits you. You don't have to join or participate in the other chat rooms so I'm not really sure what the problem is.

Reactions: kxk
@SeanE don’t know what’s going on. Have another look. I’ve just resent it. If that doesn’t work I will put some info directly in here.

You know we used to use irc. it's still possible. they have web irc clients now.

Timmy did you used to go on the irc? I think I kinda remember u. but maybe im mistaken.

I love the idea, but I'm really not comfortable sharing my personal details. Honestly, at this stage it is only one forum member who I feel uncomfortable with and who is rarely here, but it is enough for me because they've gone to deep lengths to troll me outside of this forum before

Reactions: kxk
You know we used to use irc. it's still possible. they have web irc clients now.

Timmy did you used to go on the irc? I think I kinda remember u. but maybe im mistaken.
Yes so long ago now. I used to be a channel op for Jokers Updates... hmm, maybe 10 years ago now. Had a lot of fun back in the day.

Back