Skip to main content

James Bond Thread

...my favourite Bond movie... 'Live and Let Die'... is about to start... **gets some nibblie's and a Rum to sit back and watch it**... I'm set for the night now lol!... cheers.

I saw two recent Bond pictures recently: The Spy Who Loved me and For Your Eyes Only. Both very good. Though I think I liked For Your Eyes Only better because it had a neat twist.

My favorite scene in The Spy Who Loved me was when Bond helped those sailors escape from that prison.

My favorite scene in For Your Eyes Only is this:

Holy shit, I'd forgotten about that! Pretty suspenseful.

For Roger Moore, this scene I think sums him up.

yeah it was! and to think this was the early 80's so i imagine the stunt work would have been pretty scary. because everyone would be just smoking and drinking and making mysognist comments. they would all be wearing moustaches because i imaagine that would be the style of the time. i have no way to back that up but since no ne has invented time travel i think i am pretty safe. anyway they all get called out to do the stuntwork and then later in editing they use the moustacefying edit tool. this enables them to erase any moustaches in the film that doesnt belong to it.

Applying the defibrillator and resuscitating this thread to talk about Bond 25: No Time To Die

I enjoy the fact the title is kinda throwing back to older Bond eras by having a title that is less then one word. The title however offers no explanation to what the movie could be about, unlike Spectre, which promised the back story of the secret organisation that had terrorized Bond before. Although I am still a fan of the title as it is very Pierce Brosnan.

Wikipedia has brought us a little bit of a synopsis:
"James Bond has left active service when his friend Felix Leiter enlists his help in the search for a missing scientist. When it becomes apparent that the scientist was abducted, Bond must confront a danger the likes of which the world has never seen before."

Hopefully a "rogue" Bond storyline will be absent this time. I feel like this kind of thing can only work once, maaayyyyybe twice, so I really would not like to see it again. The recurrence of Felix Leiter should be interesting. I've always been a fan of his character in both the books and movies.

Also another throwback, Daniel Craig is back again, set to take a $25 million salary for the role. I think thats the most any Bond actor has ever been paid.

Thoughts on Bond 25? What are your predictions?

Also another throwback, Daniel Craig is back again, set to take a $25 million salary for the role. I think thats the most any Bond actor has ever been paid.

It's a stupid amount of money to earn for anything, but as far as actors, roles and success. Sure, he earns it. It's better than the days when they'd refuse to pay Connery when he deserved.

Craig is also very involved and cares about the role. More than just showing up and saying lines. He's even actively involved in the wardrobe. It's just a shame the films have all had scripting and director issues.

Thoughts on Bond 25? What are your predictions?

I have high hopes, but I'm a bit of a Bond apologist. I just don't think we know enough about the film to make any predictions. I just don't want anything stupid like the Blofeld connection to Bond that was in Spectre.

At this stage from what we know, the only thing certain is the film will get a bunch of negative articles over how the Nomi character is used/ treated. This is the black, female character who assumes Bond's code number after he retired.

I don't have a problem with Bond's code number being given to another agent after he's retired. However, they have really walked themselves into a trap with the press over this. They will not be able to please the clickbait media, no matter what they do in the film. Anything short of her being the main character and taking over the franchise will lead the film to get lots of criticism.

- Daniel Craig to be an utter fuckwit during promotional talks.

It's amusing once you have a better sense of Craig's personality. I think the bigger issue is the way the media sensationalise his comments, with no regard for context.

I'd recommend his Nerdist interview to get a better sense of him and he talks about his relationship with the media.

It's a stupid amount of money to earn for anything, but as far as actors, roles and success. Sure, he earns it. It's better than the days when they'd refuse to pay Connery when he deserved.

Craig is also very involved and cares about the role. More than just showing up and saying lines. He's even actively involved in the wardrobe. It's just a shame the films have all had scripting and director issues.

I have high hopes, but I'm a bit of a Bond apologist. I just don't think we know enough about the film to make any predictions. I just don't want anything stupid like the Blofeld connection to Bond that was in Spectre.

At this stage from what we know, the only thing certain is the film will get a bunch of negative articles over how the Nomi character is used/ treated. This is the black, female character who assumes Bond's code number after he retired.

I don't have a problem with Bond's code number being given to another agent after he's retired. However, they have really walked themselves into a trap with the press over this. They will not be able to please the clickbait media, no matter what they do in the film. Anything short of her being the main character and taking over the franchise will lead the film to get lots of criticism.

It's amusing once you have a better sense of Craig's personality. I think the bigger issue is the way the media sensationalise his comments, with no regard for context.

I'd recommend his Nerdist interview to get a better sense of him and he talks about his relationship with the media.

Well that's a relief.

I also hope they go back to that old James Bond trope where he attacks the main villain's compound with the help of soldiers or other type of fighting people. Like The Spy Who Loved Me with the sailors on that submarine. Having him do it all on his own is ridiculous.

Back