Skip to main content

James Bond Thread

It's weird. Pierce Brosnan is my favourite Bond however most of my favourite Bond movies are the ones starring Sean Connery.
The stories from the Connery Era were fantastic. Such a great diversity of amazing plots without the need of over the top CGI and Special Effects. Pierce Brosnan added a touch of humour to his role which made watching him a pleasure.

The stories from the Connery Era were fantastic. Such a great diversity of amazing plots without the need of over the top CGI and Special Effects. Pierce Brosnan added a touch of humour to his role which made watching him a pleasure.

Yep. In terms of the whole film the Connery ones (especially Goldfinger) are the ones I could watch over and over, word for word and still find interesting things in them.

I certainly agree with @bleachy_dude 's theory that the first Bond you see is your favourite though and for me that was Brosnan in Goldeneye. I only got into the film series because I was obsessed with the N64 Goldeneye game when I was a kid and that lead me to the films.

Yep. In terms of the whole film the Connery ones (especially Goldfinger) are the ones I could watch over and over, word for word and still find interesting things in them.

I certainly agree with @bleachy_dude 's theory that the first Bond you see is your favourite though and for me that was Brosnan in Goldeneye. I only got into the film series because I was obsessed with the N64 Goldeneye game when I was a kid and that lead me to the films.
Bleachy's theory is entirely plausible, My mother started watching with Roger Moore and to her, HE is Bond.

...of all the James Bond movies stunts these are my all time favourite two... both done without any CGI effects... this was just brillant!

...there are two parts to the whole chase because there isn't all of it in just one clip...

...my favourite part in this is at the :37 second mark where the speedboat slams through the wedding cake and the look on the groom's face is pure gold... he just begins to smile as they cut away from the scene... unfortunately in the second one the 'Bridge over troubled water' song drones all the way through it but it's the only clip of the most of the chase on it that I could find... cheers.

Last edited:
...I know that we're supposed to barrack for Bond when he fights the villains but I really felt bad for Oddjob when he got Kentucky Fried on the metal grate by Bond... I always kind of wished that Oddjob turned good and survived it at times... I so remember when my dad took me to see this at the movie theatre and we all cheered when Oddjob died... now it seems so mean lol!... cheers.

dBqrMrR.jpg

...I do love the Bond movies but one thing that always makes me laugh hysterically is in tonight's movie (You Only Live Twice) it's when they 'Japanese' him up by giving him a 'Japanese' hair wig and 'Japanese' his eyes up by giving him slanting rubber eye-lids!... it is so hysterically pathetic that it is beyond words lol!...

jb 1.jpg bondjap.png

...I can just imagine the director on set saying... "squint your eyes Sean!... you're supposed to be Japanese for god's sake... squint your eyes!"... he couldn't look any less Japanese if he tried!... in Japan I bet people wet their pants when he appeared on screen looking like that lol!... cheers.

You Only Live Twice was an exceptional Movie. I enjoyed it very much, great premise about Bond's Death, and how they had an oxygen tank for him. There is so much Foreshadowing for Spectre I can't control myself, at last we will see the intricate details perhaps of the mysterious organisation.

...'On Her Majestey's Secret Service' is on tonight... it's been such a long time since I've seen this movie but from memory some of the stunts in the movie are amazing... Diana Rigg is okay as a Bond Girl but what was Cubby Broccoli thinking with George Lazenby as Bond?... he is such a 'wooden' actor to me... what a bad choice as far as I'm concerned... Telly Savalas as Ernst Stavro Blofeld is pretty good and his female aide Irma Bunt is a great Bond villian... I like the idea of SPECTRE being within this movie... I'm looking forward to watching it despite Lazenby being Bond lol!... cheers.

Back