Skip to main content

Jake, Lisa and Skye

Skye and Aisha both said they liked Jake but Skye said back off, he's mine. Two awkward kisses in spa ensue. Katie told the other HMs that Jake doesn't like Skye that way. Jake told Jason he has a crush on someone. Last week Lisa said to Skye, basically why r u shitty with me, being in a bad mood...was it because of her and Jake talking. Skye said no.

How can there be a girl code when the guy is not interested. Does he not get a say. Jake seems to be a friendly guy and consoles the womenfolk when they r upset. Skye can't be upset at all, if there is no mutual attraction.

I don't mind Jake n Lisa having a fauxmance.

I'm thinking Tim gave Jake a gentle nudge in Lisa's direction and she did hear her name called out to be evicted the other night so who knows.
People have been saying that it seemed that Lisa knew Jake based on her reaction upon seeing him on opening night.
they are both up for possible eviction so looking for something to give them some reason to be kept in the house ... since they probably DO at the very least recognise each other through common friends they are going with the 'safe' option

Skye and Aisha both said they liked Jake but Skye said back off, he's mine. Two awkward kisses in spa ensue. Katie told the other HMs that Jake doesn't like Skye that way. Jake told Jason he has a crush on someone. Last week Lisa said to Skye, basically why r u shitty with me, being in a bad mood...was it because of her and Jake talking. Skye said no.

How can there be a girl code when the guy is not interested. Does he not get a say. Jake seems to be a friendly guy and consoles the womenfolk when they r upset. Skye can't be upset at all, if there is no mutual attraction.

The girl code is there because the guy has no interest.

Otherwise, if he was interested, there would be no need for the girl code.

exactly! girls can just take first dibs on a guy in the house and have that mean he cannot make another choice for himself?? don't think so![DOUBLEPOST=1411361996][/DOUBLEPOST]
The girl code is there because the guy has no interest.

Otherwise, if he was interested, there would be no need for the girl code.
isn't it the other way round?

exactly! girls can just take first dibs on a guy in the house and have that mean he cannot make another choice for himself?? don't think so![DOUBLEPOST=1411361996][/DOUBLEPOST]
isn't it the other way round?
The girl code applies to when a girl has a crush on a guy, even if the guy is not interested.

They talk about this in the parlour room

If Jake had been telling housemates all week he was into Lisa- you don't think BB would have jumped on that for air time and story line by now?
Maybe if they gave a shit about what they put into the show, but it's such a haphazard mess they've barely even given time to the "biggest task ever," let alone jumping on potential storylines. I'm not sure what I think of the whole love triangle thing, but I didn't get the impression it just came out of nowhere Friday night, and certainly not initiated by Tim--Katie and Lisa were talking about it before the party.

No, I don't think Channel 9 would show us that. BB hasn't shown us any substance in the house at all. How much other stuff have we not seen that leaves us scratching our heads when all of a sudden HMs are recounting the aftermath of some event. Since when did Sandra fancy Sam, same with Cat crushing over Lawson. Where did this come from? Who knew that Gemma and Priya were close in the house? I don't think I've seen either in the same frame together let alone having a friendship. The so called hot guys in the house are taken....since when r Katie n Ryan having a thing. Yeah we saw an awkward looking Katie not looking very enthusiastic about Ryan kissing her....now he's taken....wtf. Jason is supposedly funny...how so, we don't see anything. What does Dion do....really, except for the sauna? Lisa said Skye had been moody with her, have we seen any footage of that?

Lol "girl code" is so stupid, at least in this case. If Jake actually liked Skye like that and Lisa swooped in to steal him away while they were building something, it'd be bad. In this case, it's more like Jake had 0 interest in Skye (supposedly) and Skye might get her feelings hurt if she finds out that her partner had feelings for him and he reciprocates them. Girl code should only be a thing if the male has any interest whatsoever in the girl pursuing him. If he doesn't, why is it the other girl's fault if they share something? That's just pathetic.

If Jake had been telling housemates all week he was into Lisa- you don't think BB would have jumped on that for air time and story line by now?
Nope. As the others replied, they haven't jumped on much of anything and we only find out it's happened when a HM references it later on or if ch 9 is feeling generous that day they give us a flashback. Plus with all the ads this year they really don't have much time to show us anything beyond what fits with their chosen storyline of the day. It's an absolute joke and after reading Tim's email this morning, I keep questioning why I even bother trying with this show anymore.

Lol "girl code" is so stupid, at least in this case. If Jake actually liked Skye like that and Lisa swooped in to steal him away while they were building something, it'd be bad. In this case, it's more like Jake had 0 interest in Skye (supposedly) and Skye might get her feelings hurt if she finds out that her partner had feelings for him and he reciprocates them. Girl code should only be a thing if the male has any interest whatsoever in the girl pursuing him. If he doesn't, why is it the other girl's fault if they share something? That's just pathetic.
Agreed. There are things with friends and relationships that are not done, but IMO this wouldn't be one of them. And it's not like Skye has been pining after Jake for years or something, ffs. It's one thing to be gentle with Skye about it, but if they do like each other/want to have their bit of fun, "girl code" in this case is a pretty silly reason to forgo it.

No, I don't think Channel 9 would show us that. BB hasn't shown us any substance in the house at all. How much other stuff have we not seen that leaves us scratching our heads when all of a sudden HMs are recounting the aftermath of some event. Since when did Sandra fancy Sam, same with Cat crushing over Lawson. Where did this come from? Who knew that Gemma and Priya were close in the house? I don't think I've seen either in the same frame together let alone having a friendship. The so called hot guys in the house are taken....since when r Katie n Ryan having a thing. Yeah we saw an awkward looking Katie not looking very enthusiastic about Ryan kissing her....now he's taken....wtf. Jason is supposedly funny...how so, we don't see anything. What does Dion do....really, except for the sauna? Lisa said Skye had been moody with her, have we seen any footage of that?

they showed Skye talking in the diary room, upset about Lisa giving attention to the dogs- going off in the morning and training them without her... apparently we needed to know that LOL

1411307837331_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_21_23h26m.JPG

1411307609235_Image_galleryImage_vlcsnap_2014_09_21_23h22m.JPG

I'm positive Lisa and Jake definitely know each other. When we were watching the first night, I made the comment that they knew each other as Lisa's first reaction to Jake was to hug him for much longer than you would if you just met, and also they didn't introduce themselves but instead said nothing at all. She then goes on to introduce herself to everyone else.

You can see it from 51.20 here.

Sorry if that's already been discussed!

Back