Skip to main content

Jade and Drew *spoilers*

We were led to believe at the start that they would only fail the task if a housemate entered the diary room and stated to BB that they believed the marriage was fake. Not conversations between each other and certainly not BB asking them to raise their hands or any other crap like that.

BB said at the start when Drew & Jade were still in the diary room, if one of the HM's come into the diary room & say, I don't think they are married, then you fail the task & are nominated.

None of the HM's did that.

So many of you believe Big Brother rigged it against Jade and Drew but I think BB did his absolute best to rig it for them. How many times did the Housemates have to say YES WE DON'T THINK THEY ARE MARRIED? I think he asked about 7 times, "Just to clarify" "Are you sure" "1 last time". It came across to me like he was trying to talk them out of it and I think he almost did at one stage.

i get what you say, BB even threatened them of instant nomination, hope they'll back off. but BB was playing fire and it backfired. even most of them suspect the marriage, i reckon it would take a good day or 2 for someone to confront BB, by then the deadline would have been passed. dumb move BB.

If it happened & they didn't show it, it's a massive FAIL in the narrative. Obviously we are only being shown a version of what really happens in there, edited down with whatever bias they like, but a story needs to make sense, you don't leave out the big revelation.

i get what you say, BB even threatened them of instant nomination, hope they'll back off. but BB was playing fire and it backfired. even most of them suspect the marriage, i reckon it would take a good day or 2 for someone to confront BB, by then the deadline would have been passed. dumb move BB.

If BB really wanted them to win, he didn't have to ask them anything. Like in the French version where they ll all have a secret for the duration of BB, the HMs have to go to BB and tell him they think they know the secret.

So for as long as no one went and tell BB that they didn't believe they were married, BB could have decided that they succeeded.

Good article and yes, I can see where they are coming from but I can also see it from BB's pov -Jade was hopeless at playing the game and the HM's were all so unsure anyway.
The rule was though that HMs had to say to Big Brother in the diary room they didn't believe they were married - and as far as we're aware, none of them did until absolutely prompted by Big Brother to do so.

All BB had to do was ask HMs individually in the diary room about Drade - a simple question like "what's it like living with a married couple" should prompt any doubters without raising suspicion.

The rule was though that HMs had to say to Big Brother in the diary room they didn't believe they were married - and as far as we're aware, none of them did until absolutely prompted by Big Brother to do so.

All BB had to do was ask HMs individually in the diary room about Drade - a simple question like "what's it like living with a married couple" should prompt any doubters without raising suspicion.

Yeah, I know - so many people on the BB FB page were furious! Another stuff up! What's new 9?

My two cents. I was disappointed at the way this played out. In my opinion, Drew and Jade won the task ... nobody entered the diary room and called them a sham (which was BB's original rule as explained to both of them at the beginning of the task).

Somebody suggested to me that it would have been better to do this on NOMINATIONS night, IN THE SOUND-PROOF BOOTH. Ask each housemate if they thought they were married ... yes or no. This way, it would be an individual person's call, rather than the GROUP PACK SHEEP SAFETY IN NUMBERS mentality which it turned out to be.

If either of Drew or Jade get voted out, then I will be annoyed because I think they will have missed out on having a true BB experience. To use BB's own words, ala nominations, "Big Brother, you are prepared to end someone's BB experience after only one week based on a near impossible task, and without even giving them a chance to be themselves in the house?".

It does not matter what actually happened, BB said this is the impossible task and the plan was for it to fail. So they made it fail.

My two cents. I was disappointed at the way this played out. In my opinion, Drew and Jade won the task ... nobody entered the diary room and called them a sham (which was BB's original rule as explained to both of them at the beginning of the task).

Somebody suggested to me that it would have been better to do this on NOMINATIONS night, IN THE SOUND-PROOF BOOTH. Ask each housemate if they thought they were married ... yes or no. This way, it would be an individual person's call, rather than the GROUP PACK SHEEP SAFETY IN NUMBERS mentality which it turned out to be.

If either of Drew or Jade get voted out, then I will be annoyed because I think they will have missed out on having a true BB experience. To use BB's own words, ala nominations, "Big Brother, you are prepared to end someone's BB experience after only one week based on a near impossible task, and without even giving them a chance to be themselves in the house?".

Yes that's what I heard too. It wasn't made to succeed.

... nobody entered the diary room and called them a sham

What tha ?

There was clearly around half a dozen HM's in the diary room who collectively deemed it to be a sham even with the promise of being nommed if they were wrong.

What are you going to moan about next ... that the exact word "sham" or the phrase "I don't think Jade and Drew are married" wasn't used ?

regarDS

But why would Big Brother ask them that if it wasn't true? Just asking the question alone would have been suspicious.

freddy said:
... nobody entered the diary room and called them a sham

What tha ?

There was clearly around half a dozen HM's in the diary room who collectively deemed it to be a sham even with the promise of being nommed if they were wrong.

Yes, you are right that they collectively deemed it to be a sham. But that was only on the night when BB asked them about it. That's not what we're talking about here. We are talking about during the week, as the task progressed ... no housemate went in to the diary room during the week and mentioned it.

so apparently on the OS at jades party.. jade shared a kiss with ed...poor drew

LOL! It was a chaste peck on the lips - hardly a kiss - I really don't think Drew would care - he's over it all and frankly most people are over Jade right now! From Ed to Matt - can she make up her mind?

LOL! It was a chaste peck on the lips - hardly a kiss - I really don't think Drew would care - he's over it all and frankly most people are over Jade right now! From Ed to Matt - can she make up her mind?

I watched the video where Tully is talking to Drew and it mentioned something in there about the kiss but is there more about it somewhere? I've been looking but can't find it.

Back