Skip to main content

Is Big Brother destined for the axe? Apparently not..

Lol so what? It canned bb in 08 ....what part of that dont you understand?m

In 2008, Ten were a strong, viable and profitable business. When BB was initially axed, Ten had many other shows that were rating A LOT better than BB was. Including: Biggest Loser, Bondi Rescue, Australian Idol, NCIS, House, SVU, Good News Week, Rove, Criminal Intent, New Simpsons and So You Think You Can Dance among others.

In 2014, Ten are an extremely weak company. They have lost money for the past three years straight, and can barely find enough shows to fill their schedule. Masterchef, Offspring and The Bachelor are the only shows they currently have that consistently rate higher than Big Brother is currently doing. Modern Family and NCIS on par with BB. So, if BB was on Ten right now with these numbers, it would be their highest rating show on many nights. Why wouldn't they want that?

The Millers has been rating under 400,000 for several weeks and has weak demos. Yet Ten have kept it on air. BB gets more than 550,000 most nights and does good demos.

7, 9 and Ten are all privately owned and those owners are what shape the channel....
I'm far from a "Teenie" buddy and I remember BB back from 2001, so calm ya farm. Your rambles are hurtin me ole' eyeballs.

With all due respect it does not matter what the channel is. Big brother show can be any station. Even the master chef can even be on ABC and makes NO diferents.. they can even have the melbourne cup on SBS and makes no diferents. They could even have the X factor on channel ten and makes no diferents. Its all a programe show and its not like the channels are full on rules.
Big brother is not a explicit programe. otherwise you woult not end up seen teenie poppers coming ou the woodwork at the big brother arena stage.

All im saying is big brother can be at any channel. Just because ABC televsion does not have commercial breaks. Does not mean they can't telecast. They can... ABC does have short breaks if you have not notices it love......... they have promos... promos made for abc.. thats your ad break sort of to speak.

Now getting to the bottom line of all. I have a feeling brother has nothing to do with channel ten nor channel 9 its the production creation of the australia big brother show.

2 years ago we end up saying geez 2012 australia wanna be like UK wanna be big brother copy cats... but then in 2014 geez the show is failing to die off completely off the hook. Well that is true., However the wanna be like uk big brother version is discusting. WAKE UP...

WAKE UP channel 9 show us the real BET on the real australian programe shows.. Why not SHOVE in australian dramas and australian reality tv show and not wanna copy cat like america and wanna copy cat UK so much.. This is australia not america and its not uk.. How about make it all wanna be like the germans...bloody hell. I mean seriously i have skip tonights big brother show on channel 9

Its just not the best and not the good show to even bother watching. My first time ever i have skip watching big brother alot and i mean ALOT this year..

One is because the show seems to show on late in the year. Its getting too hot to even bother watching tv on my caravan....
The big brother show is not what it seems no more.
And really they should of made the show earlier in the year where cold and stay warm watching big brother would had boost the ratings at least. Its close to summer.. who on earth would be at home at night watching tv... everyone is out the beach and such.

I tell you.. it is the first time in history for me that i have skip big brother. AND first time in history the worse big brother show in australia and first time ever to telecast big brother late in the year. At least close to it with the rediculoursly channel 9. The all NEW this and the all NEW that habbits..

I will watch the tonights bb daily show just after this messages..

To creat big brother show you don't mess with it and you dont ruine it to make you believe change it is better. Not all the times... they have already ruine the show... I believe the productions are fully aware of this by many forums like this reading along. They are totally aware. And whats with sonia ? she reminds me a drag queen shemale. With all due respect love.. you dont have to seat far away on the couch in order to talk in person with the evictee.. I notice how she seats futher far apart against the evictee.. I think thats kinder rude.. Gretel was much closer and never afraid to tap the evicteee leg to keep things settle and relax. But seating far away from another person for a talk one on one is just so rude.
And does not make no diferents if shes pregnant or not. Its not like she is about to collaps and there for she needs to seat far away from the evictee and its not like the evictee has virus... Because thats how it seems to look like with the seating far aapart each others.. And then again would not matter if she gets pains on the tummy or not.. the programe is already completely edit as they come.

All the best for sonia with the baby. But remember this next year may be harder for her to continue to bother be on tv while she has a new beuty baby next... Just hope we wont have the stupidity jack 0 and the other moron. But suppose MIKE goldman will do just perfect to bring the spirits high with big brother. Fingers gross. Im off to watch bb on video tonight.

With all due respect who ever you and him or her may age be... make sure we all support big brother. But someone at the big brother production is not listerning and is distroying the show... he may not see it that way because he is all the BIG BOSS production himself.... oh well until then.

In 2008, Ten were a strong, viable and profitable business. When BB was initially axed, Ten had many other shows that were rating A LOT better than BB was. Including: Biggest Loser, Bondi Rescue, Australian Idol, NCIS, House, SVU, Good News Week, Rove, Criminal Intent, New Simpsons and So You Think You Can Dance among others.

In 2014, Ten are an extremely weak company. They have lost money for the past three years straight, and can barely find enough shows to fill their schedule. Masterchef, Offspring and The Bachelor are the only shows they currently have that consistently rate higher than Big Brother is currently doing. Modern Family and NCIS on par with BB. So, if BB was on Ten right now with these numbers, it would be their highest rating show on many nights. Why wouldn't they want that?

The Millers has been rating under 400,000 for several weeks and has weak demos. Yet Ten have kept it on air. BB gets more than 550,000 most nights and does good demos.
Endemol dont give it away for free. Lol

If Endemol doesn't want Big Brother Australia to be sitting on the shelf gathering dust then they should make it a little bit cheaper for Ten.
But not too cheap that Nine outbid and just sit on the rights to prevent it being shown on Ten.

I know it will be back next year. It's not doing that bad it's just us that are complaining. I like the show live feeds or not stop looking so deep into things really. The show is good and said in the article will be back in 2015. What type of fans are you guys I know they arnt listening to us but still it's better than nothing. The 4 shows a week are irritating but what can we do complain I guess. Big brother is a good show I think with live feeds or not. I would like Friday night games to be back like the proper ones not the 5 minute one in a small room with twerking races. Why would you want to see it gone just to teach them to listen to us. They probably won't anyway and why would we wanna wait another few years to get it again. Big brother will be back 2015 and it will be good.

I think I've found some good news on TV Tonight:
Andrew Backwell, Nine’s Director of Programming and Production, said: “The show continues to deliver a targeted audience in a way that only the grand dame of reality TV can. We are happy with Big Brother’s results this year, and clearly the show’s reach on second screens is outstanding. Indeed, the 9Jumpin numbers far exceed the highest rating shows on Pay TV.”

Janeen Faithfull, CEO, Endemol Australia added, “Big Brother is the digital leader in the TV viewing experience, engaging, connecting and uniting its audiences by allowing constant integration, reaction and influence to its characters and stories as it plays out on air.

“No other television series fully integrates and connects the platforms to deliver record-breaking stats in audience reach and engagement.”

- Over 63 million page views
– Over 7 million long form streams on 9Jumpin
– Over 11 million visits to the Big Brother site
– Almost 1 million “Your Power” votes since series launch
– 857,186 Facebook fans
– 198,756 Twitter followers
– 98,400 Instagram followers

But not too cheap that Nine outbid and just sit on the rights to prevent it being shown on Ten.
Surely Endemol aren't that desperate for cash to let that happen. But then, they are a business and if they can get more money that way than any other way, I guess it would make business sense...

Back