Skip to main content

Intruder #2 - Marina

Find it funny how they showed her doing absolutely fuck all today, yet Leo got days of airtime. She will be gone in moments

Find it funny how they showed her doing absolutely fuck all today, yet Leo got days of airtime. She will be gone in moments
I turned on half way through last night and it took what seemed like 15 minutes before I got my first snippet of her - sorry Marina but this year wasn't the year to come in so late

Get your maps out Brotherhood, because our newest arrival Marina is quite the adventurer!

30-year-old intensive care nurse Marina was born in the Ukraine, grew up in Kazakhstan (very nice!), was schooled in New Zealand and now lives in Adelaide with her Russian mother and 82-year-old grandmother. Still following?

She’s got a super sweet tooth, has a bad habit of drunk-dialling ex-boyfriends, and confesses to regularly forgetting to brush her teeth! And be warned Housemates: this bubbly blonde will fizz up from unnecessary swearing, bad singing, or unjustified crying.

Marina recently celebrated her 30th birthday in Thailand where she picked up a rather unusual souvenir – a boyfriend! Although it’s only been a month, Marina confesses she’s blissfully in love (though “shocking” at relationships) so a romantic rendezvous in the House is definitely off the cards.

On “changing nationalities every 10 years”:

I was born in the Ukraine, where my parents were studying; I then moved back to Kazakhstan, but they’re actually both from a Russian background; when I was 10 I moved to New Zealand where I went to school and uni; and then as soon as I finished that I immigrated then to Australia, to Adelaide.

On revelling in foreign situations:

I get thrown into different situations every day, even at work. I love to travel, so I always come across new people and new situations. I know quite a bit about myself and how I react to different situations; there’s not a lot that can shock me or throw me.

On the Housemates she’s dying to meet:

The Housemates I’m most looking forward to meeting are Leo and Skye. I feel like Skye has just got so much energy... I think she’s super funny, and I really like funny, and I think we’re gonna have a lot of fun together. With Leo, I think there’s a different side of me that you might see when I come across him; the spiritual side.

On working as an intensive care nurse:

I’ve been doing it for the last nine years and I absolutely love my job. It’s very unexpected; there’s lots going on. You need to be on the ball; you don’t know what’s gonna be thrown at you so you need to deal with lots of different situations and personalities. There’s a lot of attention to detail and you just have to think on your feet. It can be stressful sometimes, but I’m very confident and very competent at my job.

On age and wisdom:

I think I do have an advantage being 30; my life experiences, not only in terms of my job but in terms of my travels and culture and how I was brought up… Every single year I’ve got more and more to offer and I’ve learnt more and more about myself.

On sistas doin’ it for themselves:

I live with my mum and my grandmother, who’s 82 now. Three generations in one house! They look after me very, very well. Mum was an only child, and I’m the only child, and grandma was a single mother, so there’s never really been any men in the family.

On her new love interest:

I actually met him while I was on holidays recently in Thailand! We met over there and I thought to myself, ‘They don’t breed guys like this in Adelaide; where are you from?’ and he actually lives in Melbourne. He is super supportive; I’m really blessed to have him.

On her worst habit:

I can be a little bit of a princess sometimes. Being the only child and having parents who have been separated for several years now, I feel like I’ve been spoilt a little bit and I like to have it my own way sometimes.

http://www.jump-in.com.au/show/bigbrother/2014/housemates/marina/marina-article/

Not a fan of how she entered TBH

Bz0jICXCMAEXsQL.jpg

Bz0iwW_CYAAKihG.jpg
There are literally camermen.... is this keep up with the kardashians?

One day, and she irks me already. That conversation she had with Sandra was just weird. What on earth was she going on about?

Why did she carry on about Sandra being a woman possessed? Cause she got out of the spa and back in again?because she redid her lipstick? Cause she lashed Leo for no particular reason (the kind of thing BB housemates have been doing since the year dot)

The way Marina was carrying on in that conversation was so dramatic, and nothing she was saying made any sense.

One day, and she irks me already. That conversation she had with Sandra was just weird. What on earth was she going on about?

Why did she carry on about Sandra being a woman possessed? Cause she got out of the spa and back in again?because she redid her lipstick? Cause she lashed Leo for no particular reason (the kind of thing BB housemates have been doing since the year dot)

The way Marina was carrying on in that conversation was so dramatic, and nothing she was saying made any sense.

:roflmao: It is so true, reading it makes me laugh more than watching it :roflmao:

Back