Skip to main content

Intruder #2 - Marina

Reaper

BBBA Mafia
image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg
AN intensive care nurse who grew up in Kazakhstan and still lives with her mother will be the next intruder to enter the Big Brother house.

The feisty 30-year-old has auditioned for the reality competition five times in the past before being picked by producers, and will enter the Gold Coast compound tomorrow night.

While an intruder has never won Big Brother in its history, Marina said she had a good chance of being the first and will play strategically to make it happen.

“I have no intention of breaking bonds or anything — I’m not going in to cause drama,” she said. “I think the other housemates will be receptive to me. I reckon I can win this thing.

“I’m pretty easy going and down to earth but I say it how it is. I’m authentic. I like having fun and bringing out the best in people.”

But she won’t be a pushover — Marina said she wouldn’t avoid confrontation if there was an issue with someone.

The nature of her job in an emergency room meant Marina could cope well under pressure, she said.

“There’s not much I haven’t seen though and nothing shocks me. I’m quite thick-skinned due to the work I do.

“My reason for going on Big Brother is because part of me just wants to see how I am outside of my comfort zone. I want to push my limits.”

She won’t be looking for love in there though. Marina said she just started dating a man last month and was smitten with him.

“It’s early days. We’ve been doing the long distance thing because he lives in Melbourne at the moment. He knows about me going in to the house and he’s very supportive.”

Given Marina will be filmed 24-hours a day for her stay in the Gold Coast-based compound, she was prepared for her new beau to learn a lot about her.

Having watched the show so far, Marina was expecting to hit it off with fellow intruder Leo, a male model from the Gold Coast, and midwife Cat.

“But I’m most looking forward to meeting Skye — she’s hilarious and I think we’ll have a lot of fun.”

An only child, Marina spent the first decade of her life in what is now known as Kazakhstan, before immigrating to New Zealand. For the past 10 years, she has lived in Adelaide.

She has been living with her mother and grandmother recently.

http://dailytelegraph.com.au/entert...ty-russian-nurse/story-fni0cjvj-1227087487571

She's 30? Not buying it, but she sounds okay. I'm curious to see who she'll get on with and who she won't. I don't know why my immediate thought was she might not get on with Priya. Looking forward to some new energy.

She doesn't sound too bad actually. And like, hm... how do I put it nicely? I don't think she's necessarily what you would typically call a super sexy (and not super single, after all!) intruder... like, she doesn't have that typical attractiveness. I don't know. And I know she's saying kinda cliché things but for some reason it's not coming across wholly cliché? Maybe I'm just being optimistic for the first time in basically forever.

I picked #18 in the official sweepstakes but ended up with #17 Leo...
Marina sounds interesting enough from that articlenurse.gif

Last edited:
Last years intruders were basically all duds who had little or no impact on the game though Boog was interesting. This season it looks like both Leo and Marina from her bio could be actual players with a shot at winning.

Would the Australian public have any qualms about awarding top prize to a Canadian or Russian via NZ immigrant?

She's totally not what I expected, but there's definately at least something intriguing about her. Hopefully she delivers.

Just a sassier version of Sandra.

Why wouldn't they put a single intruder in? Boring.

I'm still pissed they didn't have more original, single, guests. I know they think cheating is the best story ever, but I think most of us would agree it's not. I would have much preferred to see 2 single people fall for each other.
Anyway, I can't see anyone being super attracted to her. I also think the pictures aren't really doing her justice, so I could be completely wrong. She just reads older to me than the guys in the house. I'd love to see her give some of the stronger personalities a run for their money.

I kind of doubt that Skye would make close friends with someone that has a serious professional background. It seems Skye rubs older ppl she lives with the wrong way. Then again, its hard to judge by a a few pics.

I think the only housemate that would welcome to intruders are Jason and Leo, .... I suppose Skye is not picky with new comers.

As soon as I saw her pic, the song Man Eater by Nelly Furtardo came to mind but then I read she's in a relationship so that went out the window...
I'm thinking she will get along with David and Ryan. Don't know why Ryan though. Maybe perhaps because he has sisters he will gravitate towards her. David on the other hand will get along intellectually.
That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

As soon as I saw her pic, the song Man Eater by Nelly Furtardo came to mind but then I read she's in a relationship so that went out the window...
I'm thinking she will get along with David and Ryan. Don't know why Ryan though. Maybe perhaps because he has sisters he will gravitate towards her. David on the other hand will get along intellectually.
That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.
Theres something about David and his mannerisms that make him the awkward lone wolf, ppl dont understand his monotone nature and maybe this Russian (ok, Kazakhstani) girl will get him.

Back