Skip to main content

Imagine if Penny won...

fancypants

Her face. It would be the funniest thing to watch.
Ryan & Skye especially would be SEETHING. I think I would die from laughter.
Oh please, I so just want this to happen.

255604b6e8fb40679790e34053a00c4b.ashx

I wouldn't want Penny to win just because it would be funny, but I think she deserves it (I know she is an intruder, but that's not her fault) she is doing great with what she was given. And I would not mind a girl taking it out this year....a funny, genuine girl. None of the other girls there appeal to me. But saying that, If Ryan or Travis takes it, I'll be happy with that too :)

We've seen Penny handle the snake, and try to teach a pottery class during the 'How to' task, take a 2 minute ice-bath to win a feast, was the magician's helper in the DR during that Remote Control task, and she handled them all well. Period pain speech in the DR, and doesn't agree on the boy/girl divide in the house. Penny looked lovely during her dinner date with David in the Sanctuary, and was funny talking to BB trying to get that ball back when she'd hit it over the wall.

The only good thing about Penny is her facial expressions. Don't get me wrong she is a nice person, but I think she is boring for Big Brother. Lina is much more interesting.

On a show like BB you need conflict, not people who get along.

Lina is a great housemate. She has particular views that put her at odds with the mainline in the house (or what was the mainline), namely the boys club. She doesn't like their discussions which she finds vulgar and says so. It doesn't matter who is right or wrong, all that matters is that there is conflict. How they deal with that conflict is what makes Big Brother interesting to watch. Penny is too easy going. We don't need people who go with the flow, we need people who go against the flow. IMHO.

Last edited:
The only good thing about Penny is her facial expressions. Don't get me wrong she is a nice person, but I think she is boring for Big Brother. Lina is much more interesting.

Lina is a great housemate. She has particular views that put her at odds with the mainline in the house (or what was the mainline), namely the boys club. She doesn't like their discussions which she finds vulgar and says so. It doesn't matter who is right or wrong, all that matters is that there is conflict. How they deal with that conflict is what makes Big Brother interesting to watch. Penny is too easy going. We don't need people who go with the flow, we need people who go against the flow. IMHO.

Lina is more interesting, but Penny is more entertaining.

God no.....apart from facial expressions and acting like a teenager...what has she got going for her. And people saying that she doesn't gossip....crap.....she's been milking the Priya comment re: Penny/David attraction for ages. I agree with Priya last night.....ok for Penny to make a comment re: Lina/Leo bed chats, but completely different standards when her n David r the topic of discussion.

This is a pretty good perspective. I've always said that BB is better when the most contraversial housemates stay in there and the HMs that should be voted out are the ones that like to create safe alliances and group up. This kind of thing worked pretty well last year.

The thing I've noticed about Lina is she seems to be having a lot of trouble getting her stories straight. She's taken a lot of what she's told as fact and run with it - and Priya's taken advantage of that (knowingly or unknowingly, I don't know). You could notice it early on when she talked to Lawson and David soon after she entered the house. She's at her best in the diary room; few housemates can really match the quality of what she says in there.

Penny, who doesn't like getting into that, by the same logic, should be getting voted out. But that doesn't sound right here because she is so damn entertaining. Her story has gotten a little more interesting with the "groups" conflict that's come up, but that's only helping her.

I don't know if it's just because they went in near the end of the season that's caused that kind of thing, but it's interesting. Maybe Penny wouldn't have lasted as long if she'd went in from day 1? I don't think Lina would make any conscious effort to turn herself around.

I wouldn't mind if she beated skye... that would be hilarious...
But I wouldn't want her to win

Back