Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2019) - Episode Discussion

I don't know when Richard was 'crying' over Justin leaving, if there was tears in his eyes.

But I have noticed, he has the same 'shocked' face when someone else leaves, & to me it looks fake. (but then that could be the botox)

I want Richard to win, whether he is a fake or not.

He was in the Jungle from the start, Yvie & Shane weren't.

Not really happy that the final will be taped tonight & not shown until Sunday.

Also, how did Angie know there was only one day to go until the final.

Highly personal. I empathise.
But no sane human being can cast disrespect to an organisation which has helped the poor, needy and homeless over multiple generations.
Excuse me? What exactly are you saying there?

Charities should not get involved in politics unrelated to their area of concern, something the Cancer Council learned recently after making a submission into the franking credits inquiry, and copped a lot of criticism. Maybe the Salvation Army issue in NZ is personal to me, but a lot of people there have never forgotten being targeted by their hate, so I am far from alone.

Reactions: kxk

Charities should not get involved in politics unrelated to their area of concern.

umm

It's a Protestant Christian Church & a international charitable organisation.

Yes they disagreed with the NZ Homosexual Reform Bill in 1986.

But they would not help someone out because they a gay etc.

I think Shane would be the most deserving to win the show, he’s a good bloke, done his fair share of trials, never gossiped or spoke badly about other contestants and he is a really funny guy. Although SportsBet odds say Richard is most likely to win, if so, well at least he would make a much better winner than Yvie.

umm

It's a Protestant Christian Church & a international charitable organisation.

Yes they disagreed with the NZ Homosexual Reform Bill in 1986.

But they would not help someone out because they a gay etc.
My point is if you're reliant on donations then it isn't really wise to stick your neck out on an issue where your view is divisive or unpopular. Sure by all means feel free, but be prepared to lose donations. If that's being true to your values then fine, just suck it up.

Does you last sentence read correctly?

My point is if you're reliant on donations then it isn't really wise to stick your neck out on an issue where your view is divisive or unpopular. Sure by all means feel free, but be prepared to lose donations. If that's being true to your values then fine, just suck it up.

Does you last sentence read correctly?

Yep.

Every person is allowed to voice their own views.

I am a volunteer at an Op Shop, connected with a church (I don't believe)

They were against same sex marriage in the plebiscite (my sister is gay)

I accepted their views, they accepted mine. (we moved on from it)

Charities should not get involved in politics unrelated to their area of concern, something the Cancer Council learned recently after making a submission into the franking credits inquiry, and copped a lot of criticism. Maybe the Salvation Army issue in NZ is personal to me, but a lot of people there have never forgotten being targeted by their hate, so I am far from alone.
Didnt meant to offend. It was set up as an organisation based strongly around the Christian faith. Hence its views are very old fashioned and draconian. I just meant to say that despite that, the tireless work they perform shouldnt be dismissed because of this.
In no way would they ever discriminate against any indivdual should they come knocking on the door. I would certainly hope the NZ chapter has amended its charter in these modern times. Its a very unfortunate by-product of an organisation with a long history steeped around a religious faith.
It was not so much a political stance but one more adhering to their faith.
I apologise Timmy and certainly didnt mean to casually dismiss your concerns. Like you, I have a personal aspect too. Having worked with the salvos and watched many people virtually give over their whole lives in the pursuit to help others less fortunate than themselves.

I apologise Timmy and certainly didnt mean to casually dismiss your concerns. Like you, I have a personal aspect too. Having worked with the salvos and watched many people virtually give over their whole lives in the pursuit to help others less fortunate than themselves.
Thanks Fuzz, I do appreciate that. As a closeted teen it was an incredibly difficult time for me, so it's something I will never forget. And it was all brought back to me during the (completely unnecessary) marriage equality postal vote in Australia. Some things you can forgive (and perhaps forget), others not so much. Sorry to drag this thread off topic.

Thanks Fuzz, I do appreciate that. As a closeted teen it was an incredibly difficult time for me, so it's something I will never forget. And it was all brought back to me during the (completely unnecessary) marriage equality postal vote in Australia. Some things you can forgive (and perhaps forget), others not so much. Sorry to drag this thread off topic.
No worries Timmy.
And dont worry about being off topic. Happens all the time and so it should if it is an important discussion.
Plus we are like shining beacons setting a great example of how to discuss in a civil and constructive and understanding manner.
I am awarding us both 3 gold stars!🙂

Angie Kent: “I reckon I could be an alright Bachelorette”

10 is already looking at further casting opportunities for those who are exiting the jungle and the idea of Angie Kent as The Bachelorette will now be on the table.

“I always said, ‘God no’, but you know what, I think after having more time on television now and being on the other side of the couch… I reckon I could be an alright Bachelorette,” she told Yahoo.

“I’m definitely open to finding somebody. I just turned 29 so home girl’s not getting any younger, so for sure!”

10 could do a lot worse than consider Kent for its 2019 Bachelorette. As we’ve seen across both Gogglebox and I’m a Celebrity, she is personable, authentic and naturally funny. She is also very up to speed on the tricks used by reality producers so she may yet change her mind too. If she is cast it would be very awkward for Gogglebox to ignore an entire season given recent exec comments.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2019/02/angie-kent-i-reckon-i-could-be-an-alright-bachelorette.html

It was started already.

Seems like there were alternate endings filmed.

LMFAO.

It's a show, people are annoyed it was delayed.

They should/could have shown it on Wednesday night.

Has anyone potentially leaked any spoilers from the grand finale yet of who wins? Since it was prerecorded.

Nope.

Even the celebrities won't know until it's shown on Sunday.

They filmed 3 endings. lol

Alex has stuffed up again. People are losing interest in it.

Don't know why they waited 5 days, until they announce the winner.

Alex must think he is working on Survivor.

As I have posted earlier, they should have had the final live on Wednesday.

I would say, no one cares anymore.
What we're left with is three very boring celebrities, or should I say two celebrities and someone else who used to be on tv but probably never will be again.
I am aware that Justin Lacko isn't a real celebrity either, but at least he was interesting.

Back