Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2015) - Episode Discussion

You're as bad as Merve.

His name is JOEL!!!

Ha!

Joel and Chrissie remain my absolute favourites. They both share the exact attributes and qualities I look for in friendships. They are both quick thinking, funny, honest, direct, gossipy, bitchy and completely and perfectly flawed.

Joel is so much like our own @mutleyp it's in-fucking-sane!!!!!

I really like them all. They are a great bunch of people. I think if I was forced to pick the next evictee, it would be Tyson.

Are you calling me Narcissistic? :p

With Chrissie, it's a bit like when Sara-Marie went back into Big Brother for CBB. I still like her, I can still see why I liked her in BB, but it doesn't have the same magic now, in a different setting with different people to bounce off. And I don't think Joel is as good a pairing for her as Dan was, he doesn't bring as much out of her.

Dan was really great that season. I must have been the only one hoping Chrissie beat Reggie that year.

He used sexist dismissive language and an idle threat to cut Anna's head off with a machete if she interfered in cooking. Had it happened in BB, they would be out or warned. The hosts were awkward rationalising how this was skirted by the edit. I presume that it would conflict with the poor Merv plotline.

Think Merv is used to being amongst his own circle, and doesn't realise how much the world has shifted around him.

You're as bad as Merve.

His name is JOEL!!!

Ha!

Joel and Chrissie remain my absolute favourites. They both share the exact attributesk for in friendships. They are both quick thinking, funny, honest, direct, gossipy, bitchy and completely and perfectly flawed.

Joel is so much like our own @mutleyp it's in-fucking-sane!!!!!

I really like them all. They are a great bunch of people. I think if I was forced to pick the next evictee, it would be Tyson.
I'm 2 months younger than Merv so not quite as bad. I probably put Josh as I was talking with several doctors today named Josh.

That trial was tough when it all depended on getting to the flag at the end. It was an all or nothing one.

well done daddo ! You're awesome and it was excellent to hear you saying how much fun you were having.

I'm truly loving this show ... should be more of this sort of thing on TV I reckon.

Helps make the world a better place as far as I'm concerned.

Part of my idea of what Heaven will be like, even.

regarDS

In a world where people are called Bitch or Biatch regularly, I didn't find Merv's verbiage too bad. The jokey machete threat is also the sort of dinosaur thing that I find pretty meaningless - but a bit distasteful and uncalled for given current world events, I guess.

What surprises me is thatMerv is only 53 - he strikes me as looking a good decade older and his attitudes to women are from ye olden days of far more ancient dinosaur chauvs, in so many ways.

Thought it was sweet when he acknowledged he was so annoying he'd been called Fruitfly for 15 years during his career. He seemed chastened. Maybe his wife will be pleased if he comes home a little reconstructed, after this experience?

In a world where people are called Bitch or Biatch regularly, I didn't find Merv's verbiage too bad. The jokey machete threat is also the sort of dinosaur thing that I find pretty meaningless - but a bit distasteful and uncalled for given current world events, I guess.

What surprises me is thatMerv is only 53 - he strikes me as looking a good decade older and his attitudes to women are from ye olden days of far more ancient dinosaur chauvs, in so many ways.

Thought it was sweet when he acknowledged he was so annoying he'd been called Fruitfly for 15 years during his career. He seemed chastened. Maybe his wife will be pleased if he comes home a little reconstructed, after this experience?

I agree with this.
Yes, of course violence is never a joke, especially against women (or children, but that's off-topic), but I was surprised that any of the other celebrities took it so seriously, to the extent of expressing actual fear.
Obviously we are not there, but if what we saw was the full extent of the "threat", then to me it seemed more a stupid outdated "dad joke" than a threat with intent.
As for the "woman" comments, they have every right to be pissed at that, I'm a guy and I would be!

. Maybe his wife will be pleased if he comes home a little reconstructed, after this experience?
LOL @ 'reconstructed'. She's probably been trying to reconstruct him for years. :roflmao:

Freddy reminds me of Kris Smith.
Yes! He does. Similar accent which helps. I missed last night's ep as I was at work and I cannot watch now with the tucker challenge. Just turned back on and the good doctors comment about salmonella made me laugh. Nice one Doctor. A very good host in the ickier things of life. Gotta love medical people and their blase ways.

Back