Skip to main content

Episode I'm A Celebrity! AU (2015) - Episode Discussion

Maybe that's why she was so tight-voiced?! She used her kiddy wrangler training to good effect cajoling Laura along in the gross drinks trial, but a lot of the time she did seem really tense and fake. if that's her act, she needs to work on it! I hate those little girl scratchy voices some women put on, but maybe it's an occupational hazard working in kids' entertainment.

I am stunned Julie Goodwin only got 36 votes more. It would have been awful to lose her so soon.
I agree, makes you wonder about the voting pool. Eye candy versus reality.Oh, wait, we've been down this pathway.

And it wasn't even the good Hi 5. Once the originals left it was all over. My daughter loved Hi 5 (originals) when she was little and I remember lining up for hours at a major shopping centre to meet them. The next time I saw them do an appearance after the originals had left it was the local Big W.

I saw the original Hi5 at the Sydney Opera House concert hall, they were that big at one point! Big W!!!!

She was in some cooking show, yeah? Based on the show tonight though, she can sing (what?) I don't know, because as I said, haven't been able to watch much, how is Lauren a celebrity? Really don't know.

Yeah Julie was the winner of the first Masterchef, Lauren was part of the kids group Hi5 (not an original member)

Hasn't Julie only just gone in though? Can't agree with you, Lauren is the Skye of this show, imo.
Yes, I agree there. Lauren is the Skye of the show. In talking about her with my workmate we both think she came across as the young one who thought she knew it all and showed no respect.

Finally caught up on I'm a Celeb. Interested to see Lauren has some support in here, I can't stand her. Her having goes at Merv and now at Barry, she needs to learn some respect. Most of the others I really like though. Joel is bitchy and he and Chrissy didn't look too good with their game strategy but over all I really like them both. Wish they'd lay off Tyson though, he is sweet, kind, and good to look at and I love that he and Maureen are good friends. Maureen is my queen. Just saying. But what a wonderful cast over all, I don't want any of them to leave but Lauren.
Because I am at work and there's a bit of work noise I missed the crack Lauren had at Barry and did someone have a crack at Freddie too for surrendering his place at the bar? Yes, I agree re Joel, Chrissy is feeding him and him her which disappoints me as up until this week I didn't mind her.

Caught up. I'm happy enough with Lauren going, happy with Julie and Anna staying, too, that we get to see a bit more of them. Will be interesting to see how they do the eliminations from now on, with 10 still in there with three weeks to go. Also to see if six weeks feels too stretched out, compared to the UK's three to four. Normally, at this point, the show would be almost over and we would be talking about who's going to win, rather than being halfway through.

With Lauren, the BB housemate she was reminding me of most was Belinda from series 3. There was something in the voice and the personality that was reminding me of her, though obviously with a different life story and different experience in the group dynamics in camp. I liked Belinda a bit more than Lauren, though, or maybe it was just easier to feel sorry for her?

Reactions: Tee
Will be interesting to see how they do the eliminations from now on, with 10 still in there with three weeks to go. Also to see if six weeks feels too stretched out, compared to the UK's three to four.
Well the UK format has always been viewers vote for the trials in the first week or so then the evictions in the last week, with daily evictions, so if Ten do daily evictions in the last week that is pretty much following the established format.

Will definitely miss Lauren. Thoight she had a lot of energy, and found her a lot of fun too.
Same.

I really liked her. She is strong, smart, vivacious and loves to dance to her own beat.

The fellow celebrities seemed to like her too. It always amazes me how the audience turn on anyone with even a sprinkle of a personality flaw.

It is normal in that environment, when you are surrounded by the same people 24/7 that they will get on your tits. That is called a normal human response.

I loved watching her. And I will miss that beautiful smile lighting up my lounge room every day.

Did Lauren mean she was "acting" with the comment about not being yourself? I thought that environment would show your true self. It may not be the self you think you are, but it is you deep down. Stronger than you thought, weaker than you thought etc.

I didn't take it as acting, I just saw it as there a various boundaries, 1. they have to be slightly mindful to be "professional" in a way since they are themselves but also representing themselves as a brand 2. You in a strange environment so you not as comfortable as you would be say even in a BB house 3. You are dealing with people who have various degrees of personalities (often similar due to the entertainment industry) 4. some people who already have established relationships outside of the jungle. So I doubt any of them are being completely who they would be at home with their friends, but the longer they there, their defences drop.

Lauren at the beginning was not someone I warmed too much, but damn she was a champion, strong girl, she will be missed by me

I thought it was funny last night when Julia Morris did that quick false backstory to cover up repeatedly calling Lauren "Crazy Eyes" lately! Because the clips they showed of the eating trials had mostly closed eyes and none of the mad gaze she'd been showing in the interactions over cooking with Andrew and Julie Goodwin, etc.

I will miss the control freakery around the campfire. That is always one of my favourite parts of the 4 or so UK series of this show I've seen - there's always someone who goes a bit nuts around the cooking!

I loath all the usual team sports and could not care less if all forms of footy, cricket, and tennis had never been invented.

That said, how awesome is Merv !

What a guy, and I for one would enjoy being on his team, and not just because we would look like twins when viewed from behind with our shirts off. Lol.

His head in the box challenge was simply legend ... I prolly would not of done the snakes even though I am quite the adventurer etc.

Merv is more or less the only reason I am watching ... other than for Marsha Marsha Marsha who I reckon is also another lovely person.

a fun show though ... and one that lscp has got me watching. Lol.

I picked hi5 to go last night and am looking forward to either Chrissy or the young chap who bitches all the time in a poofy voice, getting out of there.

Merv for the win though.

regarDS

I am pretty fond of everyone who's left. So glad Julie Goodwin didn't get the boot early; that would have been a travesty - she's good value in so many ways. But one by one they will have to go...

I think my favourite is Andrew Daddo. Who'da thunk it.

Anyway, I love this show, and every time I hear the title music I feel so happy. Throw in some elephants and I am over the moon!

I really, really want Josh to go next, then Chrissy and I'll be happy enough. I'm finding Chrissy to be a bit of a disappointment to be honest.

I really, really want Josh to go next, then Chrissy and I'll be happy enough. I'm finding Chrissy to be a bit of a disappointment to be honest.
You're as bad as Merve.

His name is JOEL!!!

Ha!

Joel and Chrissie remain my absolute favourites. They both share the exact attributes and qualities I look for in friendships. They are both quick thinking, funny, honest, direct, gossipy, bitchy and completely and perfectly flawed.

Joel is so much like our own @mutleyp it's in-fucking-sane!!!!!

I really like them all. They are a great bunch of people. I think if I was forced to pick the next evictee, it would be Tyson.

With Chrissie, it's a bit like when Sara-Marie went back into Big Brother for CBB. I still like her, I can still see why I liked her in BB, but it doesn't have the same magic now, in a different setting with different people to bounce off. And I don't think Joel is as good a pairing for her as Dan was, he doesn't bring as much out of her.

Back