Skip to main content

If You Were Ever Cast on Big Brother, What Strategy Would You Use To Make It To The End?

Columbo

Never again
Using the rules of the 2020 Australian big brother season.

Would you employ much strategy knowing that the audience is voting for the winner at the end and they might not care about how strategic you were?

Would you try to win challenges or not?

Who would you try and target?

Would you try and not overcomplicate things with your strategy?

What kind of alliance would you look for?

I'll post what my strategy would be later, but I'm interested in reading your views.

getting in a relationship with someone has gotten at least half of our winners so far, so find the least annoying person of the opposite sex and start snoggin

find the least annoying person of the opposite sex
Do they have to be?

Funny though I was thinking about Reepbot's question the other night, and was was going to post a poll. Seems like going hard from Day 1 is a terrible strategy, with the "challenge beasts" being targetted for eviction right off the bat.

Forming some sort of alliance ASAP would be your best bet.

I would be nice to all housemates, but have one or two I form an alliance with, without the other housemates knowing (I.e. interact with them the same amount as other housemates).

I would use the diary room to let out my frustration (circa Nikki 2006 UK), so housemates don't know I'm annoyed with them and don't use that as a reason to evict me.

I would only try really hard in challenges I knew I had a chance at winning. I'll botch all other challenges so I'm not seen as a competitive threat.

I'll win over the audience by being nice to all housemates & have a story as to why winning BB was important to me.

With this version of the game, I probably wouldn't play hard at all really. The fact that the jury doesn't vote at the end means I can get away without winning any HOH comps and float through. I'd make my alliance members get the blood on their hands and use them as shields. Public seems to vote for who they like the best. And the hm's seem to target good game players rather than trying to work with them. 'Bubbly, sweet' characters like sarah float far. I'd probably act like that for the first half of the game so I can float thru, once I get there i'd try turn abit bitchy so the hm's rule me out as being a threat for the public vote.

It all depends on what type of housemates that are going to be with you in the house, no doubt spend the first 24 hours getting to know everyone, take it all in, and as some of the housemates from this past series have stated "just be yourself" . Problem is, you could be just your self and still be accused of playing the game as the other HM's dont know you. Its pretty much damned if you do, damned if you dont type scenario. And try not to win too many challenges and defitnatly dont do what soobong did and show off his fitness, that alone had eviction stamped in his forehead within the first few hours.

'Strategy' is overrated and actually not needed. Instead of strategy, I simply would focus on surviving and adjust my opinion on the individual HMs, the alliances and the current situation frequently. Be flexible... don't get boxed into a particular way of thinking, acting and reacting.

To win challenges would not be my priority unless I felt strongly that I was on the chopping block. No use winning the first challenge in exchange for a bucket full of KFC and the disdain of the HM's.

My 'target' would depend on the current situation, my own evaluation, free of false loyalty to imaginary alliances.

Over complicating strategy is precisely the mistake almost all HM make. Keep it simple and avoid getting my brain tangled up in hypotheticals.

I would not look to join any alliance. Instead, I would suss out whom I can trust and rely on and be honest and not lie to them. Ever. Do the opposite of what is expected. No lying, no backstabbing. Keep them guessing.

I would lie low in the first few evictions. Make myself known but not too overbearing. Then I would pick the least liked alpha and the least liked non alpha and form an alliance with them. Keeping my opinions open if things don't work out with them.

I think the key would be to go with the flow, slide under the radar for the first few weeks. Try not to be disliked, see where you land with the groups. Try to not be a threat and only start to make moves around the midpoint, but be subtle.
I don't know how I'd play it for the home audience, I'm not a prick and generally likable and funny. I think the best I could do would be someone generally liked but not hugely like or disliked.
I'm just honestly try my best in the challenges, see how it goes.

I would lie low in the first few evictions. Make myself known but not too overbearing. Then I would pick the least liked alpha and the least liked non alpha and form an alliance with them. Keeping my opinions open if things don't work out with them.
Is this because being the Alpha Alliance is not a winning strategy? 😁

Would follow Nan's strategy. But with more youthful hooking up and not depending on depends.

Back