Skip to main content

Episode I’m A Celeb 2021 - Episode Discussion

Bit behind, but with the exception of Jess and Travis, appaulling reaction and welcome from the rest of them.
I'm most disappointed in Grant.
Pettifleur and Alli didn't even get off the arse to say hello.
Rude.
...I was a bit disappointed with Grant’s reaction too... I thought that he would be above that... cheers.

Thank you Mr Sticky, hope you are enjoying the show today matey! Interested on your thoughts about eating crocodile, how did it taste in your experience?
...when others cook it for me it tastes like sweet chicken to me but when I’ve cooked it I’ve always overcooked it and its probably akin to eating a tough rubbery thong lol!... but I’ve eaten it many a time... it’s beautiful!... cheers.

Wikipedia article says that the producers had originally intended to cast Pete Evans in place of Colin for this season.

The curious side of me will always be eager to know what route this season would have taken, had Pete been there in an alternate universe. Would the camp dislike Pete during the beginning but possibly grow to love him by the end? Would he have been completely kicked out from the show mid-season? Possible arguments between him and Abbie for differing political views? How would he perform in challenges and who in particular would he bond with in the camp? It’s kind of intriguing to look at the what ifs.

Wikipedia article says that the producers had originally intended to cast Pete Evans in place of Colin for this season.

The curious side of me will always be eager to know what route this season would have taken, had Pete been there in an alternate universe. Would the camp dislike Pete during the beginning but possibly grow to love him by the end? Would he have been completely kicked out from the show mid-season? Possible arguments between him and Abbie for differing political views? How would he perform in challenges and who in particular would he bond with in the camp? It’s kind of intriguing to look at the what ifs.
Hmmmm, interesting.
I'd say he'd be more likable than Colin.

Hmmmm, interesting.
I'd say he'd be more likable than Colin.
Well it wouldn’t be beyond the realms of possibility. From an outside perspective, a lot of celebrities are looked at from a one-sided and biased point of view, based on what is reported in media, television and the tabloids, we don’t get the chance to see their true side. However-

With a show like I’m A Celebrity existing, we - the viewer, have an opportunity to see who these people are in a greater light and make a judgement for ourselves. A lot of the public figures that are looked up to and are given the opportunity to participate in this show end up growing to be potentially disliked, whereas the ones who are often frowned upon could actually turn out to have a decent side to them. This could have given Pete the opportunity to shine in more ways than what the public view him as through his online persona.

But I guess we will never know the true answer as to what would have happened.

Last edited:
The original vs new campmates divide is pretty silly, and something I'd hoped they'd avoid this year.
Do you mean the cast avoid being dickheads or production avoiding adding new members so far in?

I think it is guaranteed to rattle just about anyone to be honest. It’s different sitting on our couches and having an opinion to actually being there with a great group of people for two weeks with all the ups n downs. I think they thought the fun would never stop and they were at the top of their game lol.

So it was interesting to see the reactions and it makes good tv. I reckon Adam & Simon will bring some good value. Adam is one smart alec. lol

Back