Skip to main content

Housemate clones.

insider06

This year during the audition process Alex M made a point of saying that they were not casting this years series by looking for the new Tim or new Tully. Looking at this years bunch, however, I would say that is exactly what they did. I was prompted to start this thread after learning that last year there was a choice between Tahan and Aisha for the 2013 season and they ended up choosing Tahan. It has made me realise that they have tried to cast the same type of characters for this years show.

Look at these comparisons:

2014=2013
Jake=Tim
Lisa=Tully
Aisha=Tahan
Priya=Mikkayla
Jason=Ben
Dion=Ed

It is particularly obvious in the Jake, Lisa and Aisha selections. They are meant to be the next Tim, Tully, and Tahan. Unfortunately for the producers, they are not nearly as interesting and entertaining as Tim, Tully, and Tahan were.

Jake is nothing like Tim.

Lisa does seem a little like Tully, but Tully was truly crazy.

Aisha and Tahan? Maybe similar looks-wise.

Priya and Mikkayla? Lol. I don't like Priya, but that is harsh to compare her to Mikkayla....

Jason = Ben? If all gay people were the same, I suppose so..........................................

Dion and Ed are similar though. Although, I'm unsure why they would ever want another Ed in the house.

Priya and Mikkayla? Lol. I don't like Priya, but that is harsh to compare her to Mikkayla....

Jason = Ben? If all gay people were the same, I suppose so..........................................

Dion and Ed are similar though. Although, I'm unsure why they would ever want another Ed in the house.
Jake was clearly trying to be the new Tim on the first night and the producers clearly want him to be the new Tim. Priya and Mikkayala are similar because they are both independent, outspoken, and confrontational. Jason and Ben are both seen as cute and kind and loving by the audience.

You are missing the point of this thread by saying things like "Jake is nothing like Tim." I am not saying the housemates are similar. What I am saying, however, is that the producers cast the show with the aim of trying to find similar housemates to last year despite saying that they were not going to.

Jake was clearly trying to be the new Tim on the first night and the producers clearly want him to be the new Tim. Priya and Mikkayala are similar because they are both independent, outspoken, and confrontational. Jason and Ben are both seen as cute and kind and loving by the audience.

You are missing the point of this thread by saying things like "Jake is nothing like Tim." I am not saying the housemates are similar. What I am saying, however, is that the producers cast the show with the aim of trying to find similar housemates to last year despite saying that they were not going to.
Why wouldn't they though?

Tim is labelled as the best Australian BB housemate, in it's history.

No shit you'd want to find the next "Tim"!!

In fact, there were a lot of comments saying how good it was to have Tim back, because all the housemates were so boring. It seems the producers are damned if you do, damned if you don't.

And, if those are the characteristics that make them seem like "clones" then I say good! You want diversity in the house. Nothing was more boring last season to have Caleb, Matt and Ed all in the same house, who were all branches off the same tree.

Variety is the spice of life. It's also the spice of BB.

I have no problem with them wanting to, as long as they own up to it. Alex M said that they were not going to do that but they clearly have. Do you finally understand?
Well, considering there's like 16 housemates each year, I'm sure Tim is the exception.

Tully hand picked Lisa for the show....

Jason is nothing like Ben. Jason is quite likeable. Ben was contrived, fake, manipulative and a totally unlikeable pretend mummy's boy who constantly played the victim. Nothing alike.

Jason is really not like ben 2013 at all. But he is exactly completely the same as Ben the winner of 2012. Gay, Funny and loves to gossip

This year during the audition process Alex M made a point of saying that they were not casting this years series by looking for the new Tim or new Tully. Looking at this years bunch, however, I would say that is exactly what they did. I was prompted to start this thread after learning that last year there was a choice between Tahan and Aisha for the 2013 season and they ended up choosing Tahan. It has made me realise that they have tried to cast the same type of characters for this years show.

Look at these comparisons:

2014=2013
Jake=Tim
Lisa=Tully
Aisha=Tahan
Priya=Mikkayla
Jason=Ben
Dion=Ed

It is particularly obvious in the Jake, Lisa and Aisha selections. They are meant to be the next Tim, Tully, and Tahan. Unfortunately for the producers, they are not nearly as interesting and entertaining as Tim, Tully, and Tahan were.
I agree on the launch night I thought of mikkayla straight away with priya, But I do think Priya is a lot smarter and stronger

Jason is nothing like Ben. Jason is quite likeable. Ben was contrived, fake, manipulative and a totally unlikeable pretend mummy's boy who constantly played the victim. Nothing alike.
How/when was Ben any of those things?

Every time we saw him on screen.
You're talking about Ben from 13 right?
Well, I liked him any way. Especially the time when he was awkwardly in the pool as Tully and Drew were having their moment. That didn't seem fake to me :cat:

You're talking about Ben from 13 right?
Well, I liked him any way. Especially the time when he was awkwardly in the pool as Tully and Drew were having their moment. That didn't seem fake to me :cat:
yeah, Ben from 13. So ok, for about 1 minute and 45 seconds he really was feeling awkward and wasn't fake but the rest of the time he was. He makes me cringe to think about him. Jason from this year is much more likeable. At least he behaves like an adult. He has a completely different personality type to Ben from last year.

I love this accurate comment. Seems morons could not understand this last year.

How/when was Ben any of those things?

Ben was completely contrived and manipulative. Playing the game is not a reason to dislike someone, as everyone is 'playing the game' in their own way. That's the point of the show. I found Ben's strategy to be extremely transparent, manipulative and frankly lame. He was SO DESPERATE TO GET HIS HANDS ON THAT MONEY.

From day 1 he entered the house as a CHARACTER. Now I don't know Ben in real life, but the caricature of the innocent and awkward mommy's boy didn't match up with the fired flight attendant and budding stand up comedian (look it up) that was revealed upon research.

Manipulation and fakeness:
*Constant pajamas as a calling card - total gimmick. Tim had his skeleton onesie, but never milked it that hard. Ben was relentless with the Pjs.
* The whole thing with walking around with his mum's photo and talking to the photo. Clearly a ploy to get solo air time, air his exposition, and to communicate with viewers directly.
*Doing things like singing, dancing and talking to himself in rooms alone so he could get some solo air time and further play up his caricature e.g dancing in the room and talking about the nerd strikes back or some crap.
* Always playing the victim to make others looks bad, especially Tim. For a time Tim and Ben were clearly big rivals, as Tim himself will admit it was between him and Ben for the prize. Ben would 'get upset' at what Tim would say so Tim looked like a 'villain' while Ben looked innocent.
*Ben would CONSTANTLY be on and on about how he can't afford to eat much at home, his clothes are from best N less. My shoes cost $6 etc. etc. Clearly to endear himself to the viewers as someone who not only deserves but NEEDS the money.
* I felt a few times we saw a subtly vindictive side to Ben but can't remember specific examples so I'll let that one go.

I can't remember much of what went on a year ago but at the time I had a dossier in my mind of Ben's contradictions and fallacies.

Back