Skip to main content

House/Studio Location

In the promo they did focus a lot on Cockatoo Island. It would be kinda awesome to have the house on an island in the middle of the harbor. A real bit symbolism in the isolation aspect of the show.
That would be a great spot. The channel 7 studio area in Sydney would be awful.

What about would make it awful?
From what I know of that area, and I might be wrong, but I don't think so, it's just industrial, and among Central Station railway lines. I can't imagine any green outdoor area free of station fumes - unless it's just literally inside a studio setting.

From what I know of that area, and I might be wrong, but I don't think so, it's just industrial, and among Central Station railway lines. I can't imagine any green outdoor area free of station fumes - unless it's just literally inside a studio setting.

oh, that doesn't seem aesthetically pleasing.

Big Brother set to be filmed in a warehouse.

Interesting if it's correct. A good choice, as it says they will be able to restrict access. I think the shed, while smaller, might be better as it has a concrete floor... building a "house" over the gym's wooden floor without damaging it could be an issue? I wonder if this would mean they get an actual outside yard?

I always thought the Cockatoo Island scenes in the promo were a red herring. Using a warehouse in the city or Seven Studios would be at the mercy of noise and too close to people.

The more I hear, the less likely I am to watch. But then, I'm not in the demographic SEVEN are chasing, so good luck to them. :poop:
I have to agree. I was so excited when they announced Big Brother was coming back. But now, after everything that's been confirmed, I don't even think I'm watching. I'm not sure what they're making but it's not Big Brother...

Interesting location, unrealistic though. 485m² is nowhere near big enough to facilitate a Big Brother house.

And you know this how? The Big Brother Canada house was built within a similar location...
The old house's interior was double that according to the leaked house plans detailing dimensions, it could work if they only used remote control cameras though

The old house's interior was double that according to the leaked house plans detailing dimensions, it could work if they only used remote control cameras though

So? Who says the old house has to dictate what the new house will be?

As I said before BBCAN’s house was constructed in a repurposed warehouse space similar to those currently being put forward as potential locations for BB Australia. The house uses a mix of fix rig cameras and manned camera behind two way mirrors. The house also includes a large indoor annex that serves as both a competition arena and a backyard as the series is filmed in the Canadian winter. As a space saving measure the house is constructed in two levels. That said the trend in recently constructed BB houses is to use only fixed rig cameras. This would greatly reduce the overall space needed as well as allowing for a reduction in production staff on hand.

TVBlackbox need to learn that putting "Exclusive" in front of something doesn't make it true, just like their "Exclusive" regarding Sonia hosting. Their only "Exclusive" which was true was the return of Big Brother, which they "exclusively" reported a week after TV Tonight did, yet still gloat at every opportunity they broke the story. Pathetic.

This location looks like it could work though, but until it is confirmed by a reputable source I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

TVBlackbox need to learn that putting "Exclusive" in front of something doesn't make it true, just like their "Exclusive" regarding Sonia hosting. Their only "Exclusive" which was true was the return of Big Brother, which they "exclusively" reported a week after TV Tonight did, yet still gloat at every opportunity they broke the story. Pathetic.

This location looks like it could work though, but until it is confirmed by a reputable source I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

Correct... They are guilty of sensationalizing rumour as fact. The only reason this hasn’t been corrected as for once it seems like there is at least some potential there’s some truth in their reporting.

How big is the Canadian studio that is home to the house Kingston? I know the US one is about 15,000 square feet, which includes the house, studio and production offices. The Canadian studio is in a different studio to the house, but their house also includes the backyard, so require pretty much the same space.

I think from the two reported studios considering roughly 485m2 is 5000 square feet it would need the bigger venue to accomodate the house, though as you say if they lose the camera runs that frees quite a lot of space. Much depends on whether they can use any outside space too - and with it being pre-recorded I wouldn't be surprised if any challenge arena isn't necessarily directly linked to the house and they are guided to it by producers, just like in Survivor how they are driven to challenges and tribal council.

How big is the Canadian studio that is home to the house Kingston? I know the US one is about 15,000 square feet, which includes the house, studio and production offices. The Canadian studio is in a different studio to the house, but their house also includes the backyard, so require pretty much the same space.

The Canadian studio is in the same studio as the house.

Back