Skip to main content

House Rules 2016

A whole second floor in a week - really?

House Rules is ruining my expectations of builders and trades - we've just been told 3-4 weeks to redo our kitchen - that seems like ages!
I just bought paint,exterior,roof and interior...now just waiting for hubby to get started

Yes, it's now a great house and hope Claire and Hagan at least get far enough to get the exteriors done as it looks a bit ugly at the moment as a white box dumped on top of what was a small but fairly stylish black block. How Michelle and Brooke got 3rd despite not finishing in at least three renovations I don't know.

Won't miss Rose and especially Rob and really think it was a poor effort this week, but as the on site expert surely Caroline should have been picking up the obvious flaws with basic safety around kids. A hanging chain, open tread stairs and the balcony ballistrade should never have been allowed to be installed. Overall though that was one house I could move in too - and presumably Claire and Hagan will use the fix up challenge to sort out the issues in the en-suite especially.

I came in late tonight, but interesting to see how many teams are re-doing Rob and Rose's zones. So glad Rob has gone - he reminded me of an old next door neighbour ... creep!

I came in late tonight, but interesting to see how many teams are re-doing Rob and Rose's zones. So glad Rob has gone - he reminded me of an old next door neighbour ... creep!
so glad he is gone too,reminds me of my ex-stepfather (asshole)...controlling,narcissistic etc

So Nancy and Daniel slip from 2nd overall (though god knows how!) to 5th in the fix up challenge and go home - just shows how the main concept of the show is basically the first elimination challenge, though I do think the 4 couples who should have gone through have.

Would have been happy with either pair winning but agree on it being such a feel good show where everyone wins. Easily my favourite reality show at the moment and I'd love for us to have a version in the UK. Heck, it's probably the one show I'd actually go on even if it did take me about six weeks to paint the bedroom!

happy with the winners,wish the judges would decide though because I feel like its a popularity contest that gets the winner chosen.

I think it's fair enough really - the judges often get it wrong during the comp, marking low for things the homeowners actually love, so giving viewers an input at the final stage seems fair enough.

Back