Skip to main content

House plans

I don't really get why one of the two back warehouses wasn't used as the "basement". The eviction room and green room were wasted spaces really, though I guess not having a proper eviction studio meant having the eviction room at least gave that part a different setting. Surely though the eviction room should be near the exit, not at the furthest point away.

I don't really get why one of the two back warehouses wasn't used as the "basement". The eviction room and green room were wasted spaces really, though I guess not having a proper eviction studio meant having the eviction room at least gave that part a different setting. Surely though the eviction room should be near the exit, not at the furthest point away.

I guess it gives them one last look at the house before they exit, but yeah they could of easily done the evictions from the lounge area

The eviction room and green room were wasted spaces really, though I guess not having a proper eviction studio meant having the eviction room at least gave that part a different setting. Surely though the eviction room should be near the exit, not at the furthest point away.

I think there's a lot of room for improvement with the house layout for the next series. Like you said, there's a lot of wasted space and a properly designed living room could be converted to an eviction space with something as simple as a change of lighting. It was awkward and sloppy to watch evictees trot across the entire house on their way out. That said, the distance was practical when BB ushered evictees from the airlock to the bunker/white room. Hopefully this season was a learning curve.

I suspect the basement being off-site was partly due to the size of the space needed, and in part to avoid the sound of building and testing those rigs (some of them were pretty big).

Edit: I suspect reno on the house will start in the next few weeks if October holds as the start of filming.

Yeah the idea the control room is up the “ garden path” where the white tent was set up has to be wrong. I would say the main control would have been in the back of the shed where the white room was. Or the smaller shed over adjacent to the backyard?

This is the structure to the right of the house which surely would be just a crew area?
484E9559-9922-4986-A512-0DCEFE70A2A6.jpeg
As said multiple times the basement was in the artillery gym which is correct it is to the left of the location where the house is.

Last edited:
I guess that must happen at shopping centres as well
Yes because the Big Brother House is a service essential to the operation of the Australian economy and must be made open to the public!

Yes because the Big Brother House is a service essential to the operation of the Australian economy and must be made open to the public!

Remember not all people that attend shopping centres actually shop, some just browse, have a coffee then go home. The house tours would work if strict measures are in place with limited numbers. More than likely it could happen after the next series if covid settles by then

I can't see House Tours happening, but I'm prepared to be wrong on that. The old burned down house at Dreamworld was way more setup for traffic and visitors than the current location. National Trust are a different entity entirely and I'm not sure they'd be happy with big visitor numbers over that land.

I'd suggest the white tent is props and storage. There's no way they're holding production equipment in an unsecured marquee (good luck insuring that), nor can I see any trace of cable ducts from the house.

I'm 99% certain the control room is the larger caravan next to the airlock/bedrooms.

I think it's safe to say they won't change much, if anything, to the layout for series 2 - certainly the main living area and bedroom will remain the same. Only potential change really is the green room which didn't really serve a purpose - personally I think that would have been nicer as the eviction room. If they did upgrade the Nominations Challenge winner to a Head of House that could easily become a Head of House room, but I just don't think they're going to go down that route and not much point when their power is done and dusted in a couple of hours.

Looking at house plans to make my own in The Sims 4, I've found 2014's house plan through this page detailing some artists impressions of 2012-14 Series scenes too.

Back