Skip to main content

Gretel Killeen Guest Co-Host on The Project this Friday

Aww, this is Ten's little way of saying "Bye Gretel, You're Irrelevant" :brb:

i love the cow onesie story. Classic Gretel. Plus she still got it in asking the tough questions

If she does I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here I will be impressed

She may have been a great host in the early years of the show but was dreadful as the years progressed...
This might be Kingston's first post I've ever fully agreed with.

I got the distinct impression in the latter years at Ch 10 that she thought she was too good for this show . Kinda like how Rove gradually came to have contempt for BB guests in his talk show and eventually kicked them out. Although I don't remember if his show was cancelled before BB finished at Ch 10 anyway.

Let's face it the woman was just one nasty unjustifiably haughty piece of work. And it has nothing to with misogyny either as her male Aussie tv counterpart would be that obnoxious insufferable little twit who goes by the name of Karl Stefanovic.

Last edited:
I got the distinct impression in the latter years at Ch 10 that she thought she was too good for this show .

That's because she was too good for the show.. Notice how the show was axed after she left? Ironic hey?

Let's face it the woman was just one nasty unjustifiably haughty piece of work.

Yet she was appreciated for putting housemates in their places?

That's because she was too good for the show.. Notice how the show was axed after she left? Ironic hey?

The show was already on a downward spiral prior to her leaving. You could even argue she was part (and a large one at that) of the problem why the show was in an irreversible decline.

No normal well adjusted person enjoyed watching a bitter and twisted old bitchy hag with delusions of grandeur dress down vulnerable reality contestants on national television who willingly humiliated themselves all so that all those ingrates working at Ch 10 could have a job.

that obnoxious insufferable little twit who goes by the name of Karl Stefanovic.

LOL'd at this expression - very funny. :roflmao:

IMO Karl has a bit of princess about him, and comes across as soft and cuddly for those who like that sort of thing.

Gretel, well past princess, unapologetically wore the pants (polarizing pants).

Far from lightweight Karl in that regard, but I understand the point you make.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is she not doing regular Wednesday's anymore?! I was waiting for today to turn on the project to watch her an dive just turned back over because she wasn't on?! Is she no longer in the project?

Is she not doing regular Wednesday's anymore?! I was waiting for today to turn on the project to watch her an dive just turned back over because she wasn't on?! Is she no longer in the project?

I think she normally does Thursdays but occasionally she does do the Wednesday show instead. You can look at The Project's website every week to see who is appearing at the desk: http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/the-project/guest-list

Looks like she is on the show tomorrow night and it is a mini Big Brother reunion because Chrissie Swan will be at the desk too.

It was so ironic seeing Chrissie and Gretel on the Project, nearly 12 years after they first met on Big Brother. They're both older women now with Chrissie being the same age as Gretel was in 2003.

Back