Skip to main content

Gogglebox Australia

Anastasia is really peeing me off.

She is overacting & she isn't funny any more.

I think the only genuine ones are Mick & Di. (meaning they haven't changed over the years)

Last edited:
Reactions: kxk
Anastasia is really peeing me off.

She is overacting & she isn't funny any more.

I think the only genuine ones are Mick & Di. (meaning they haven't changed over the years)
She's irritated me for ages. As I've said before, the best way to keep the show fresh is to rotate the cast. Maybe replace one or two 'teams' every 10-ep half season. Anastasia and Faye next, please!

I don't find it as entertaining anymore, don't like the new siblings, I watch when it is repeated Saturdays now, SBS always has a great doco on Thursday nights.

OMG From last week - I did love Di and hubbie's take on the gogglers in I'm a Celeb, what now....oh Hollywood of course
They were the only 2 laughing at the idiots

I don't find it as entertaining anymore, don't like the new siblings, I watch when it is repeated Saturdays now, SBS always has a great doco on Thursday nights.

OMG From last week - I did love Di and hubbie's take on the gogglers in I'm a Celeb, what now....oh Hollywood of course
They were the only 2 laughing at the idiots

I like the noobs. Di cacking herself about Celeb was hilarious, love her. Overall though it isn't as funny as previous seasons but still entirely watchable as the ratings attest.

I'm finding Anastasia rather irritating too, and am not feeling the lurve for the new people. Also, not laughing as much as I used to. I still like Symon and Adam, Mick and Di, and Keith and Lee, and I'll still watch it, but not make it a priority watch. That bulldog needs castrated!

Last edited:
I am not liking the brother & sister.

Keith & Lee are getting stale, it seems like they say the same thing over & over. (you knew the other night, when Lee was opening the Easter egg for Keith that she would eat it)

I like The Delpechitra Family, I like Matt Dalton, the wife not so much, to me she seems to pretend to be so stupid, same with Holly.

Jad says dumb things & IMO that is an act.

Mick & Di are my favourites because that say what they think & you can tell by their expressions what they really think.

Like when they showed the finale of I'm a Celeb, all the others were fawning over Angie & Yvie, just because they were former goggleboxers.

Di didn't give a shit, she wanted Richard to win & then laughed when Yvie lost.

The show may have lost it's shine because they show 2 series a year, maybe change it to 1, mid year.

I do think they need to get rid of some of them & replace them with others.

Mick & Di, and Adam & Symon are holding it together at the moment, but the shine has worn off.
None of the families work for me apart from the Daltons, who are probably putting on the stupidity, unless Holly needs serious help. At least they are familiar faces.
Jad is adorable but I agree he overplays the "dumb" comments and pretends not to know things so the others can explain them, which they all do except Mick & Di and Adam & Symon, if you think a bout it.

Jad is adorable but I agree he overplays the "dumb" comments and pretends not to know things so the others can explain them, which they all do except Mick & Di and Adam & Symon, if you think a bout it.

Jad. Blessssss. Cute but stupid. It's obvious they are prompted to explain stuff, sing along, act up etc. Adam and Symon explain stuff to each other seemingly unnecessarily. Whether Jad has been told "play the dumb guy" I don't know. Would you actively want to look like an idiot on national TV every week? Maybe he really is that dumb. It's still very endearing though.

Of course they are all drafted in to make comments with a particular slant and frame of mind.
Thats not to say their comments arent all their own but they are certainly directed to act in a particular "mindset" and "type" when commenting.
Jad- dumb. Mr Lankan and his repeated music abbreviations etc etc.
There are repeated motifs by all the "charcacters" in the cast.
Which is fine by me. I accept it for what it is and dont try to apply "realism" to it.
That young family with the bloke about to be a grandad.
The youngest little boy of the clan repeatedly makes comments that you know no normal 5 year old would. And certainly not with the frequency and consistency he trots out his one-liners like W.C Fields.
Its a mix of their own comments. Some scripted to suit their "character" and editing.
There is too much repetition of their "shtick" in each indivuduals commentary for it not to be.
And thats ok by me.

Of course they are all drafted in to make comments with a particular slant and frame of mind.
Thats not to say their comments arent all their own but they are certainly directed to act in a particular "mindset" and "type" when commenting.
Jad- dumb. Mr Lankan and his repeated music abbreviations etc etc.
There are repeated motifs by all the "charcacters" in the cast.
Which is fine by me. I accept it for what it is and dont try to apply "realism" to it.
That young family with the bloke about to be a grandad.
The youngest little boy of the clan repeatedly makes comments that you know no normal 5 year old would. And certainly not with the frequency and consistency he trots out his one-liners like W.C Fields.
Its a mix of their own comments. Some scripted to suit their "character" and editing.
There is too much repetition of their "shtick" in each indivuduals commentary for it not to be.
And thats ok by me.

Di cackles, Mick grumbles.
Adam & Symon wear socks on the couch.
Holly says something stupid, Matt says something that embarrasses the girls, Kate sits with her legs under her.
Emmy pretends not to understand something she really does, while the other two talk about sex.
Keith says something dumb and mispronounces a word, Lee rolls her eyes.
Anastacia calls people Malaka's and dances inappropriately. The dog humps something (actually these two are interchangeable).

It's all good, familiar fun.

Di cackles, Mick grumbles.
Adam & Symon wear socks on the couch.
Holly says something stupid, Matt says something that embarrasses the girls, Kate sits with her legs under her.
Emmy pretends not to understand something she really does, while the other two talk about sex.
Keith says something dumb and mispronounces a word, Lee rolls her eyes.
Anastacia calls people Malaka's and dances inappropriately. The dog humps something (actually these two are interchangeable).

It's all good, familiar fun.
Exactly. Tho I do worry about Producer intervention supplementing the Bulldog's diet with truckloads of Vitamin B, Zinc, magnesium, Omega 3 fatty acids and probiotics rather than just regular Pal to get him to perform.😮

Exactly. Tho I do worry about Producer intervention supplementing the Bulldog's diet with truckloads of Vitamin B, Zinc, magnesium, Omega 3 fatty acids and probiotics rather than just regular Pal to get him to perform.😮
Nah, he's just really into Jad. And Jad kinda encourages him. If you want a dog to stop doing something you need to be stern - not laugh about it. The dog thinks it's a game.

Nah, he's just really into Jad. And Jad kinda encourages him. If you want a dog to stop doing something you need to be stern - not laugh about it. The dog thinks it's a game.
Timmy. Dont ruin my Producer conspiracy theory of trying to manipulate animals and people thru agents of chemistry to get their desired viewer count up.
Its pretty obvious the mother in Daulton family has been lobotomised and administered a strong course of Zanax.
And Malaka obviously fed bowls of Addyi.

Back