Skip to main content

Gogglebox Australia

They have opened up the casting call to Sydney and Melbourne as well now. Hopefully Anastasia and Faye are leaving. And maybe another?

They should get rid of:
1. Tim and Leanne
2. Mick and Di
3. Matty, Sarah Marie and Jad.

Keep Anastasia and Faye. The best!!

Hoping it's the Silbery family & Anastasia & Faye that they are getting rid of.

Mick & Di need to stay.

Get rid of some of the families, Anastasia and Faye, and the Silberrys. And especially Matty's dog.
Oh God! I'm no prude by any stretch of the imagination, but that dog repulses me!
Not keen on the Silberry's either.
Anastasia has become more crass as the program's gone on. She must think people find her highly amusing when she's blatantly crude.

TBH I wouldn't care if the boys left.

A whole new cast wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but they would need to find much more interesting new people than Tim & Leanne (and it's testament to how memorable they are that I had to google their names).

As I've said previously, to keep it fresh they should just change one or two couples/groups each half-season. You want the audience to have some familiarity with the cast, but not to the point that they're predictable and stale. And I think that's where they have found themselves at this point.

As I've said previously, to keep it fresh they should just change one or two couples/groups each half-season. You want the audience to have some familiarity with the cast, but not to the point that they're predictable and stale. And I think that's where they have found themselves at this point.
Exactly

Very true.
But I just wonder if the premise has longevity as a whole. I know new shows will constantly crop up for them to comment on and new faces may make a change but the premise itself may not have staying power imo. After all, its what we all do 'cept for the fact we dont have to play a defined "role" and fed lines when the occasion suits. I think also the believeability of the supposed "off the cuff" comments wear thin as does the forced" why are watching this" protestations when we all know they are given a set list to watch.
Was fun. Will continue to be so for a time. But they must re-shape the format somehow. And I dont know how you could do that with a show such as this. For me, it was a novelty which is slowly wearing off. But Im equally sure for others it will remain a laugh and a delight watching their fave characters.

One of the problems for me is the stripped reality shows repeatedly featuring. I don't watch MAFS/Bachelor/ette for example so when they keep coming up it's a big yawn.

I don't think there's any pretense about what they are made to watch though. If they are rolling their eyes or whinging about it, it's pretty obvious they have no choice. And the 'fed lines' - especially explaining something obvious to each other - or when they all sing the theme or do a little dance or whatever is all a bit tiresome and makes it look very staged. Still some laughs to be had but yeah it needs a refresh of some sort.

I agree @timmydownawell

I think it is because of the same shows over & over again.

It is scripted, I think the only genuine ones are Mick & Di. I know they do say things that as scripted, but they go off script.

Leanne & Tim aren't cutting it for me, they made a mistake with picking them.

I don't often feel ashamed of my viewing habits, but I really feel I wasted an entire night tonight on TEN.
Show Me The Movie followed by Gogglebox followed by a repeat of Hughsey We've Got A Problem. No substance at all, and very little entertainment either.

Even Faye has had enough of Anastasia.

The show as it is, has jumped the shark.

Yeah not the first time we've seen Faye getting the irrits with Anastasia. I hope they're out next season. But with new talent (and a lesser focus on stripped reality) the show can be redeemed. I'm not giving up yet.

Back