Skip to main content

Gogglebox Australia

...I love that 'Antiques Roadshow'... there are such wonderous things in Great Britain that are hundreds or thousands of years old... it's great to see what some people bring along... so much Historical stuff... cheers.

I quite like it, not a regular, but I like to fossick for treasures.....so it is educational

...I remember back to when I was a kid in England and that my Nan and Grandad in Manchester had a knife that had been in our family for ages... they went somewhere to find out what it was and where it came from... they were told that it was a Scottish Dagger that was over a thousand years old... they ended up donating it to a Museum... it's amazing that 'common people' can be in possession of such amazing things over there... I think that that's the reason that I like 'Antiques Roadshow' so much methinks!... cheers.

...more on that story above... some people offered them quite a good price for that dagger but my Nan said 'no' because she thought that lots of people should be able to see it on display in a Museum instead of sitting in someone's drawer somewhere... aaah!... the 'good ol' days' when money didn't come into it... well done Nan... you were amazing... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
Amazing Sticky, did you get to touch that?Something ancient, how beautiful

I touched a 2,000 year old Huon Pine in Tassie, so cool.....it is a bit like balsa wood too very floaty properties
Such stunning different trees down there

Sticky, there have never been any hidden treasures anywhere I have lived (I suppose that's because NZ and AU are young countries). The only thing I found at the shack in Phnom Penh when I bought it was a US $2 note I found in a Chinese Old Religion shrine thingy that was left behind. Nobody wil accept them except the banks because even in the US they are very rare. I held on to it as a keepsake.

...I like psychological shows like this... it's amazing what people can be led to believe... that's why I like Hypnotists and Illusionists etc... cheers.

Amazing Sticky, did you get to touch that?Something ancient, how beautiful

I touched a 2,000 year old Huon Pine in Tassie, so cool.....it is a bit like balsa wood too very floaty properties
Such stunning different trees down there

...we used to hold it all of the time because when we visited them they used to tell us stories about their parents and grandparents etc... it was a sort of 'family thing' back then knowing about your ancestors and families backgrounds etc... so yes... we used to be allowed to handle it but never to actually play with it... it was precious to them... and me... and... that sounds amazing about that Huon Pine kxk... cheers.

Goggle is often remiss in giving titles/refs anything, for some shows.....like did we ever get told what show that mind games last show is?
It annoys me.
Luckily I caught the guy's name......goggled, think this is it
http://www.ladbible.com/entertainment/film-and-tv-derren-brown-reveals-new-netflix-special-20180926
Derren Brown Set To Return With A Brand New Netflix Special

So you've made one of the most controversial TV specials of 2018 - how do you follow that? Well, if you're Derren Brown, you return promptly with a brand spanking new series. Yes, the master manipulator of the mind is back in October with a Netflix show called Sacrifice.
Brown took to social media to announce the new show's release date (19 October), tweeting:

Back