Skip to main content

Gogglebox Australia

haha! Still surprises me that no-one can quote the most (supposedly) famous line from the film correctly:

"That's not a knife. THAT's a knife!"

It seems to be stuck in the public's minds that he said "THIS is a knife". *shrug*

...that is so true timmydownawell... I always say the same thing when people quote that line... I thought that I was just being too anal when I corrected people on it lol!... I'm glad that it shits someone else besides me lol!... cheers.

Oh lol. The one on the left of your screen? ;) or the one on the right of your screen? :D

lol - not sure I think they would be left, seeing 'right' is whatever it is meant to be ......... oh - the left one - check it out he is always hiding his parts under a cushion! LOL

http://www.lifestyle.com.au/gogglebox/video-4118152315001.aspx

Here's something you may be interested in. Look at the pic on the video screen before watching it if you are going to watch it ;)
I reckon the cushion is just to make him more comfortable and give him a ledge to rest his arm and beer on. It might not necessarily be his preferred position/place to sit in either and just does it when they're filming. I find the sweat more disturbing.

...that is so true timmydownawell... I always say the same thing when people quote that line... I thought that I was just being too anal when I corrected people on it lol!... I'm glad that it shits someone else besides me lol!... cheers.

Re: the line from the movie. I know that the correct quote uses "THAT" as oppose to this, but should I ever be quoting it I purposely use this because everyone else will think that I have it wrong. But maybe I'm perpetuating it.

It's a bit like those words that have a correct pronunciation that nobody uses and if you say it the right way you sound like a wanker or like an idiot.

Back