Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every Tina Arena song sounds like an emotional rollercoaster of happiness and sadness, of ups and downs, of twists and turns, of hearing your heart slowly beating and of seeing your mouth run dry and your eyes water as you realise that nothing you will ever hear again will ever compare to the pure beauty, the exqusite and wonderful artistic beauty of a song sung by the world icon Tina Arena. Because Tina Arena makes me feel, she sends shivers up my spine, and she makes me stop in my tacks every time I hear her voice, her voice that tells me a story, a voice that takes me on a journey, a magical carpet ride where I can feel that not everything is impossible, a voice that tells me it is ok to feel, a voice that moves my soul and makes me appreciate the beauty in this world, a voice which would make the angels of heaven cry at its majestic and humane beauty, a voice that lights up the darkness, and a voice that is truly the best I will ever hear in my life. Infact I could cut off my own ears right now and I would be safe in the knowledge that I would never hear another voice as perfectly imperfectly wonderful as Tina Arena.

Now, THAT is Appreciation and Dedication and Love xx

One loves seeing the colour pink, another loves blue
One loves hearing birds singing, another loves motor cars screaming around
One loves the taste of mild cheese, another loves stilton
One love the smell of a sweaty man, another loves perfume
One loves to be touched, another doesn't

:)

Now, THAT is Appreciation and Dedication and Love xx

One loves seeing the colour pink, another loves blue
One loves hearing birds singing, another loves motor cars screaming around
One loves the taste of mild cheese, another loves stilton
One love the smell of a sweaty man, another loves perfume
One loves to be touched, another doesn't

:)

Worship more than love. I'm a bit more poetic in my love, my words of worship are not as creative as my words of love.

Also, did you make up that poem by yourself? I don't understand it, @hooleydooley. Can you please explain it to me?

Worship more than love. I'm a bit more poetic in my love, my words of worship are not as creative as my words of love.

Also, did you make up that poem by yourself? I don't understand it, @hooleydooley. Can you please explain it to me?

Just trying to explain, in a way that the senses are different to each and every one of us.
It was not a poem, more just a black and white - strong or soft etc approach towards what each of us, as the unique individual we all are, see what is.
None is more right than another.
I suppose it all comes down to preference and what helps make you tick and be happy.
That is all I meant by that post.
xx

I have just had the visitors leave - I was slaving over a hot stove, it was my place tonight and then relaxing over a quiet read and bevvie - I read your post about Tina @reepbot
Maybe I should have taken more time and put all of that into poetic form, maybe it might have made more sense LOL .....

We have a Public Holiday here in the West, tomorrow (Monday) - not that the rest of OZ would know about that :)

I have just had the visitors leave - I was slaving over a hot stove, it was my place tonight and then relaxing over a quiet read and bevvie - I read your post about Tina @reepbot
Maybe I should have taken more time and put all of that into poetic form, maybe it might have made more sense LOL .....

We have a Public Holiday here in the West, tomorrow (Monday) - not that the rest of OZ would know about that :)

What is the public holiday?

Oh, ok. I thought it was a poem. I like poetry almost as much as I like stories.

What makes you happy and what makes you tick, hooley?

Oh Dear, that is one question that requires me to really open up!

OK - what makes me happy?

It used to be about making others happy. That has changed in the last 10 years, since having a business in the Hospitality Industry.

Working in sales, customer service, banking etc in the past was a breeze compared to Hospitality. I thought I could do it, but giving didn't amount to much and pretty much got a battered about for giving too much. Long story short - I am now looking for what makes me happy in a profession (job)

What makes me tick?

What keeps me going at this moment in my life is my Dog. She is awesome. She was tested with my visitors. They brought a small, older Jack Russell that wanted to be boss. She could have eaten that dog - but with the training she has had - she was so polite, gentle and understood the other dogs way. The other dog was totally trying to take my girl on at all times, and my Girl was just so laid back about it all ......... I was so proud.

What else? I find that getting out of bed in the morning is a major achievement. I have really awesome dreams, when I sleep in. They are always so beautiful and really positive and full of love. I use those dreams to look forward to what I can create, in the future - although I am not sure what avenue to follow for my life as yet.

Oh Dear, that is one question that requires me to really open up!

OK - what makes me happy?

It used to be about making others happy. That has changed in the last 10 years, since having a business in the Hospitality Industry.

Working in sales, customer service, banking etc in the past was a breeze compared to Hospitality. I thought I could do it, but giving didn't amount to much and pretty much got a battered about for giving too much. Long story short - I am now looking for what makes me happy in a profession (job)

What makes me tick?

What keeps me going at this moment in my life is my Dog. She is awesome. She was tested with my visitors. They brought a small, older Jack Russell that wanted to be boss. She could have eaten that dog - but with the training she has had - she was so polite, gentle and understood the other dogs way. The other dog was totally trying to take my girl on at all times, and my Girl was just so laid back about it all ......... I was so proud.

What else? I find that getting out of bed in the morning is a major achievement. I have really awesome dreams, when I sleep in. They are always so beautiful and really positive and full of love. I use those dreams to look forward to what I can create, in the future - although I am not sure what avenue to follow for my life as yet.

Thank you for answering my question. I suppose I better give you my answers.

What makes me happpy?

Well apart from the obvious, what makes me happy is being creative and talking to anyone who I consider to be a good friend.

What makes me tick?

Knowledge and curiousity. And maybe love. Love that I desire to understand lest I feel empty.

I hope it goes well for you.

Thanks - I will be attempting to re-seat the Shower Taps and replace a Cistern Inlet Valve into one of the many toilets in this place. I have researched basic plumbing stuff and I think I can do those jobs. I am working with an old building here.

Then, my next duty will be to start to work out what we will be selling and getting rid of. Less is so much better. How much stuff do you need? I am going to start my cull with those postit notes ........... I think I will have to be ruthless, but I am thinking light is bright :)

Thank you for answering my question. I suppose I better give you my answers.

What makes me happpy?

Well apart from the obvious, what makes me happy is being creative and talking to anyone who I consider to be a good friend.

What makes me tick?

Knowledge and curiousity. And maybe love. Love that I desire to understand lest I feel empty.

I see that creativity is something that makes everyone happy, whether it is a child or material, etc. I like to make things out of basic stuff. I should have included that in my answer :)

Understanding is such a wonderful quality in a person. To try and understand and not be judgemental about how another thinks, is a very good quality. Hence, what I was trying to say before in my 'poem'

Thanks - I will be attempting to re-seat the Shower Taps and replace a Cistern Inlet Valve into one of the many toilets in this place. I have researched basic plumbing stuff and I think I can do those jobs. I am working with an old building here.

Then, my next duty will be to start to work out what we will be selling and getting rid of. Less is so much better. How much stuff do you need? I am going to start my cull with those postit notes ........... I think I will have to be ruthless, but I am thinking light is bright :)

Good luck with it all.

Good luck with it all.

Thanks, I would love to get the Shower sorted asap - otherwise it is going to be a calling the Plumber Job, and if I can't sort it, I think it will be a spending the rest of the day making a list, for it to be all done in one appointment (I Wish)

I see that creativity is something that makes everyone happy, whether it is a child or material, etc. I like to make things out of basic stuff. I should have included that in my answer :)

Understanding is such a wonderful quality in a person. To try and understand and not be judgemental about how another thinks, is a very good quality. Hence, what I was trying to say before in my 'poem'

With the trying to understand thing, were you refferring to me or just to anybody? Because I'm an open book.

Creativity is what makes us humans human. It is a vital part of our being. Creativity can make us do both amazing and horrible things. With our imagination we have been able to walk on the moon and touch the many stars we see on a silent moonlit night. With our creativity we can make artistic works of such breathtaking beauty that will enrich the world. With our imaginations we have provided scientific and medical breakthroughs that have helped to save and improve the lives of billions of people. With our creativity we can improve the future. With our imagination we can dream of the impossible and try to turn it into the possible.

But creativity can also make us destroy ourselves. It can help to cause war, famine, hurt, pain, evil and misery. Imagination can give us brutal dictators and terrorists. It can cause us to worry, and it cause us anger as we despair against the cruelty of a world that seems to be falling into chaos. It can make us feel pain that we don't think we can ever recover from. It makes us feel empty and worthless.

Oh, nothing I guess. But I said that you can never change!

I know, right? I ended up watching his sex tape for reasons unknown and was legit shocked, possibly just from all the penises though. Really though, he looks like a completely different person.

But sometimes change can be good!

Good moaning OT Thread!

Welcome to Monday the day of manic mayhem!

Okay after nursing my dad through his second hip replacement I have decided its REALLY time to move out for good >.< this guy is nucking futs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back