Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
it must be really hard for those that don't have a hetro reltionship, to have kids ....... That amount of stuff you have to go through - and be thankfull that science can bring that Joy to them .......

I would rather own a dog ...........

For you own happiness just remember, there is a fine line between caring to much, and involving yourself in drama that doesn't in fact involve you.

Yep, got that - Scarey when you have to make a decision that is with your job ..... I Gotta Get Outta of this Place x 2

Not my Circus, not my Monkeys. I think it's a polish proverb.

I need to go find some monkeys (toy, stuffed ones) instead of Xmas Decorations LOL

it must be really hard for those that don't have a hetro reltionship, to have kids ....... That amount of stuff you have to go through - and be thankfull that science can bring that Joy to them .......

I would rather own a dog ...........
Absolutely.

I would assume it is much harder for a gay man to have kids because he has no oven to cook it in.

The gay women I know either had children before coming out, had a sperm doner who donated via the act, or had IVF.

Now I think of it, I only know one gay man with a child, and he had her before he came out. Strange given that I know far more gay men than lesbian women.[DOUBLEPOST=1448743117][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh I forgot to ask, what level are you up to in Candy Trala?
844!!!!!!

I had never heard "not my circus, not my monkeys" before.

Super super funny!!

Okay I am off to supports the tax system!

See you later sk8ters!!

From the spoiler to your responses, I am still left struggling to work out what you are actually saying.

For those of us who aren't so good at deciphering riddles, could you just tell us already!!!

I love that quote.

Btw - pretty sure that Jessy is saying that she and her partner are having a baby, her partner is carrying ;)

Yep Bleachy has cracked the code here. Sorry for being a tad obtuse, it's not exactly the most straight forward means of making a baby.

I love that quote.

Btw - pretty sure that Jessy is saying that she and her partner are having a baby, her partner is carrying ;)

That's how I translated it, but with Jessy's DNA moving on, she's carrying your egg with obviously donated sperm?
I have been an egg donor for an IVF couple twice and it wasn't an easy process both times. Different emotions and physical experiences. Great outcome though. They have a child, maybe more than one. Very excited for you @jessy_girl x

That's how I translated it, but with Jessy's DNA moving on, she's carrying your egg with obviously donated sperm?
I have been an egg donor for an IVF couple twice and it wasn't an easy process both times. Different emotions and physical experiences. Great outcome though. They have a child, maybe more than one. Very excited for you @jessy_girl x

That's amazing that you did that - were you anonymously donating or was it for a friend? Either way, that's such a generous gift for someone. And yes, although complicated it is my egg in her.

Ahh, I had friends that did that. My friend donated her eggs and her partner carried the baby. Congrats, must be very exciting for you both

Thanks, yes by far the most complicated way, like seriously. So many simpler ways to do it and this has taken all year, but it's the best option for us anyway.

That's amazing that you did that - were you anonymously donating or was it for a friend? Either way, that's such a generous gift for someone. And yes, although complicated it is my egg in her.

Thanks, yes by far the most complicated way, like seriously. So many simpler ways to do it and this has taken all year, but it's the best option for us anyway.
I answered an ad in the paper from an anonymous couple. I was 36 the first time and six months later when I was 37 did it for them again. I was too old to do more as I am at least five years older than the mother. The father is the father, genetically. Their son will now be 16.

I answered an ad in the paper from an anonymous couple. I was 36 the first time and six months later when I was 37 did it for them again. I was too old to do more as I am at least five years older than the mother. The father is the father, genetically. Their son will now be 16.
wow!

That's amazing!! Such a wonderful and selfless thing that you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back