Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahah I guess sometimes that works.[DOUBLEPOST=1448532760][/DOUBLEPOST]
Lol! Yeah I thought the same.

I think Yankee jelly (jam) is generally a little bit of a different texture to ours though.

Yeah it seems a bit more fake and doesn't have seeds etc in it from what I can gather. I had grape jelly over there with that delicious fake grape flavour that seemed to just be gelatine, I'm thinking there may have been no fruit at all in it.

Hello DH!!!
Touché[DOUBLEPOST=1448533266][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah it seems a bit more fake and doesn't have seeds etc in it from what I can gather. I had grape jelly over there with that delicious fake grape flavour that seemed to just be gelatine, I'm thinking there may have been no fruit at all in it.
Yeah so it actually is probably closer to what we call jelly anyway.

Touché[DOUBLEPOST=1448533266][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah so it actually is probably closer to what we call jelly anyway.

Hmmm yes, good point. I wonder if Jam is in their vernacular at all? Does what we call jam also exist over there? Do they call something else altogether jam? So many questions! How will I possibly sleep tonight with these thoughts?

Hmmm yes, good point. I wonder if Jam is in their vernacular at all? Does what we call jam also exist over there? Do they call something else altogether jam? So many questions! How will I possibly sleep tonight with these thoughts?
Don't they have jello instead of jelly and jelly instead of jam. No idea if hey use jam. Haha.

Ok so I lovvvvvveee peanut butter ... I had pb sandwiches every day for lunch at school ... if mum made me any other type of sandwich I either hurled it over the fence in the way home or she found it squashed and green with a whole world of science living on it in the bottom of my bag days or weeks later ...
Noone mentioned that they have butter AND peanut butter together on their sandwiches ... i think this is the normal thing to do but i know some people dont think you should use butter with it ... (they be wrong! ):p

Peanut butter tastes best on fresh white soft bread rolls ... end of story!

Ive noted the people who combined it with weird stuff ... Im going to be watching you guys with suspicion from now on ... tomato sauce and pb? Who thought that was a good idea ... sounds like a combo a 2 year old makes themselves playing at being sandwich maker with no real idea of taste! !!yuk!!![DOUBLEPOST=1448535764][/DOUBLEPOST]
Preserves or something?
or conserves?

Yes, it has been really quiet, and his friend has banished himself from here for a year apparently. Just the OT thread
Glad to hear :) :thumbsup:

I think Reepbot was being manipulated by Witty. I'm glad he has given himself a year long self imposed exile. Speaking from experience, life is far more enjoyable when you focus your attention on who enjoys being around you, rather than focusing on how to respond and irritate a small group who doesn't prefer to be around you.

Too true!

Nope. I like celery with peanut butter tho.

Actually I've had celery with salsa. I guess that's similar.

Celery and PB is an AWESOME snack!

This sounds gross but also like something I may enjoy. I like PB and vegemite, and tomato sauce is similar to vegemite for me in the sense I mix it with a lot of things and use it to mask other flavours I don't want in my mouth. I MAY try this soon.

Peanut Butter (as the butter) and Vegemite on Fresh White Bread is yummy :)

Ok now you've gone too far. Bloody Marys are seriously the worst thing ever. Tomato juice in general seems to be the work of satan.

I LOVE Tomato Juice - Add tabasco and a hint of Vodka - yummo!

Love me some tomato juice. Ice cold. Never had a BM though. Don't like vodka.[DOUBLEPOST=1448525836][/DOUBLEPOST]

I don't taste the Vodka

I like toasted vegemite and avacado/guacamole sandwiches.

Yummo!

Veg + avocado is so good, it was how I overcame my avocado fear!

Yes it is a great combo ;)

Love jelly and port wine jelly is my favourite. I don't like crunchy peanut butter and love smooth. I don't like peanut butter and jelly. I have no idea what the Americans think they're doing with that. They think the same for Vegemite I suppose.

PORT WINE JELLY is the Best - I can just drink it, when cold LOL

Ok so I lovvvvvveee peanut butter ... I had pb sandwiches every day for lunch at school ... if mum made me any other type of sandwich I either hurled it over the fence in the way home or she found it squashed and green with a whole world of science living on it in the bottom of my bag days or weeks later ...
Noone mentioned that they have butter AND peanut butter together on their sandwiches ... i think this is the normal thing to do but i know some people dont think you should use butter with it ... (they be wrong! ):p

Peanut butter tastes best on fresh white soft bread rolls ... end of story!

Ive noted the people who combined it with weird stuff ... Im going to be watching you guys with suspicion from now on ... tomato sauce and pb? Who thought that was a good idea ... sounds like a combo a 2 year old makes themselves playing at being sandwich maker with no real idea of taste! !!yuk!!![DOUBLEPOST=1448535764][/DOUBLEPOST]or conserves?

LOL @ the squashed green sandos in your bag - hahahahahaha I was guilty of doing that as well!!!!!!

At least two. Do not like Nutella either. Way too sweet.

And y'all don't have to drink marys bloody - virgin marys are even better in my view. Spiced up tomato juice without the slightly weird sweet taste of the vodka.

The thing is - there is no real taste to Vodka - It is tasteless, well to me and many a patron I have served ............ it just has an ommffff

I hacked my hair today .... I have been growing out my fringe (bangs) that I have worn since I was a child .......

Anyway, I didn't like the look of strands of hair hanging around my face - so I did a trim .......

Heading to the Hairdresser for a tidy up in the morning LOL

BTW - I Think I look better with a fine fringe on top!

Didn't make it to the 'dresser'

I hope they can slip me in, in the arvo - before my 4 days of work begins - wish me luck!

Glad to hear :) :thumbsup:

Too true!

Celery and PB is an AWESOME snack!

Peanut Butter (as the butter) and Vegemite on Fresh White Bread is yummy :)

I LOVE Tomato Juice - Add tabasco and a hint of Vodka - yummo!

Yummo!

Yes it is a great combo ;)

PORT WINE JELLY is the Best - I can just drink it, when cold LOL

LOL @ the squashed green sandos in your bag - hahahahahaha I was guilty of doing that as well!!!!!!
You know I have been here on an almost daily basis since 2012, and I still can't multi quote!

If ever I do, I need a second window opened, and I press reply on the comment, then cut it and paste in the second window, then repeat until I have all the quotes I want to reply to!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back