Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are mint ones? I'm beginning to see there are various chocolate bars I did not know of. I love chocolate mint combos.
Me too. Peppermint creams/after dinner mints are my favourites. Polly Waffles (may they rest in peace) will forever be my all time favourite though.

I'm not surprised you are shocked by my admission lol.

So more like a tim tam texture. Now tim tams I know. I don't think there is a person alive that can disagree with a tim tam, unless you are not a chocolate fan to begin with.

We know your fondness for them, your great grand mother too lol
Not huge on them but I will eat them but nothing with caramel in them, in any biscuit, slice or cake or drink. Blerk! I'm more into Mint Slices.

Me too. Peppermint creams/after dinner mints are my favourites. Polly Waffles (may they rest in peace) will forever be my all time favourite though.

Those after dinner mints are perfect. Lots of restaurants offer them too when you order a coffee. A nice little treat.

Not huge on them but I will eat them but nothing with caramel in them, in any biscuit, slice or cake or drink. Blerk! I'm more into Mint Slices.
Hahaha well there's always that one person :p

I agree with the mint slices though. It's strange because I am no fan of mint chocolate in ice cream though.

It's funny, because you either like "real" chocolate or the supposedly inferior Cadbury's milk type. The latter for me, I never go for rich dark chocolate.

The best thing EVER though are lime creams from Haigh's in Adelaide (or probably any chocolatier who does lime creams).

It's funny, because you either like "real" chocolate or the supposedly inferior Cadbury's milk type. The latter for me, I never go for rich dark chocolate.

The best thing EVER though are lime creams from Haigh's in Adelaide (or probably any chocolatier who does lime creams).
YUM! Any cream really, except caramel as previously mentioned, lol.

if you like mint - the mint Aero bars are yummy ... haven't had one in ages ... <resisting resisting ... hoping will have forgotten about them when next I'm near supermarket ...>

really you are all very bad influences on me!!

first the mint slice talk - how did you know I'd just replenished the office supply?!

and now chocolate talk ...

carrots carrots carrots carrots carrots celery sticks carrots carrots carrots carrots carrots

ok lets be real here - no way am I eatin carrots & celery stick - unless with oodles of some yummy dip!! ;)

I'm not surprised you are shocked by my admission lol.

So more like a tim tam texture. Now tim tams I know. I don't think there is a person alive that can disagree with a tim tam, unless you are not a chocolate fan to begin with.

We know your fondness for them, your great grand mother too lol

Yes similar to a Tim Tam. Although some would argue if a tim tam is really a biscuit or if it should be in the confectionary aisle. Either way, they are similar.

I take after my great grandmother in many ways, and definitely our penchant for Tim Tams is among this. My aunt actually hates them though, but she is annoying and purposely hates anything popular. Considering she likes every other chocolate and choc biscuit I fail to see how she can so strongly hate them.

Whittaker's Berry and Biscuit chocolate
Whittaker's Marlborough Sea Salt & Peanut Brittle chocolate
See's Peanut Brittle (from the US ... to DIE for!) (thankfully it is far far far away!!!)

if you like mint - the mint Aero bars are yummy ... haven't had one in ages ... <resisting resisting ... hoping will have forgotten about them when next I'm near supermarket ...>

really you are all very bad influences on me!!

first the mint slice talk - how did you know I'd just replenished the office supply?!

and now chocolate talk ...

carrots carrots carrots carrots carrots celery sticks carrots carrots carrots carrots carrots

ok lets be real here - no way am I eatin carrots & celery stick - unless with oodles of some yummy dip!! ;)

Maybe carrot cake? I had a nice carrot cupcake last night. It's a type of carrot I guess.

I don't eat much chocolate on my diet these days, just the occasional treat-size. But the Adelaide show is on in September and they listed all the showbags in the paper yesterday, I'm practically salivating over some of the chocolate ones. I guess you could make your own from the supermarket but it'd be more expensive and not as festive.

Whittaker's Berry and Biscuit chocolate
Whittaker's Marlborough Sea Salt & Peanut Brittle chocolate
See's Peanut Brittle (from the US ... to DIE for!) (thankfully it is far far far away!!!)
Some things from the US I don't like - Peeps, Hershey's, peanut butter and jelly and Donald Trump.

what's wrong with a good ole fashioned chocolate cake?

Strangely chocolate cake is my least favourite of all. It's ok I guess. I've ordered the best cake for a party, I'm so excited for it. Although I've since learnt of a gaytime ice cream cake so now I want that too.

I'd eat a Caramello koala if someone gave it to me (let's face it I'd probably eat anything anyone gave me) but I don't think I've ever bought one or a packet of them. They did used to do them in a combo pack with milk chocolate and strawberry Freddo's though, yum.

Strangely chocolate cake is my least favourite of all. It's ok I guess. I've ordered the best cake for a party, I'm so excited for it. Although I've since learnt of a gaytime ice cream cake so now I want that too.
BEST cake ever = Raspberry Bliss
meringue with cornflakes in it (chewy), white choc mousse and fresh raspberries topped off with large shavings of white, milk and dark chocolate
YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Some things from the US I don't like - Peeps, Hershey's, peanut butter and jelly and Donald Trump.

About five years ago I exchanged junk food packages with an American friend. I sent her all sorts of stuff like Vegemite, Twisties, Wagon Wheels and anything else typically Aussie, and she sent me all kinds of weird stuff like salted taffy, Reece's pieces, all different kinds of Hershey bars and bizarre flavours of cola. It was interesting, but I do think our food is much nicer and less out-there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back