Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Lawson wasn't a particularly good actor, and the show I was in last year in the Adelaide Fringe got a four star review.

Why isn't Lawson a good actor? Did he waste his uni years getting his acting degree? And what was the name of the show you did last year? Congratulations on the four star review!

Why isn't Lawson a good actor? Did he waste his uni years getting his acting degree? And what was the name of the show you did last year? Congratulations on the four star review!

I think he did. It was called, "James Joyce's Tin Tin Redux (or Riverrun)." Thank you.

I think he did. It was called, "James Joyce's Tin Tin Redux (or Riverrun)." Thank you.

What was the plot of Riverrun? What do you think makes a good actor? What are signs of a bad actor? If someone acts in a soap does that mean they are a bad actor? Is doing accents a sign of a good actor? Can you do accents? What is the hardest accent to do? What is the easiest accent to do?

What was the plot of Riverrun? What do you think makes a good actor? What are signs of a bad actor? If someone acts in a soap does that mean they are a bad actor? Is doing accents a sign of a good actor? Can you do accents? What is the hardest accent to do? What is the easiest accent to do?

It was me and two other guys coming home from a night of drinking and drunkenly trying to come up with the idea for a new film. And then it got a bit weird and meta and stuff. It was effectively one giant conversation, and the lines were a bit hard to learn because of that. I had only done plays with sort of hyperbolic dialogue before, which is a bit easier to remember.

I think a good actor is someone who more or less becomes the character they're portraying, and a bad actor is someone who comes across clunky and false. I don't think being in a soap makes someone a bad actor at all. There's some pretty good performances on soaps sometimes. Not all of them are, of course, but then that can be said of any type of show/film.

I guess doing accents is kinda important if you're really going to become a character. I mean, you can't just expect to find roles that work to the way you sound, although I guess obviously people do, and that's okay as well. It all depends on what kind of actor you want to be at the end of the day and what you want to be "known for." I'm pretty bad at accents truthfully. I can do a variety of English accents, and I think I can do a Northern Irish accent but then I'm not entirely sure. I'm not really sure what accents are the hardest or the easiest. It all depends on the person! I find American accents a bit hard, personally.

It was me and two other guys coming home from a night of drinking and drunkenly trying to come up with the idea for a new film. And then it got a bit weird and meta and stuff. It was effectively one giant conversation, and the lines were a bit hard to learn because of that. I had only done plays with sort of hyperbolic dialogue before, which is a bit easier to remember.

Sounds interesting. How many times did you perform it?

I think a good actor is someone who more or less becomes the character they're portraying, and a bad actor is someone who comes across clunky and false. I don't think being in a soap makes someone a bad actor at all. There's some pretty good performances on soaps sometimes. Not all of them are, of course, but then that can be said of any type of show/film.

That makes sense. I guess you have to show the audience that you are not just reciting lines. That the character you are playing is real with real feelings. Working on a soap would be interesting playing the same character year after year. I imagine it would get pretty boring.

I guess doing accents is kinda important if you're really going to become a character. I mean, you can't just expect to find roles that work to the way you sound, although I guess obviously people do, and that's okay as well. It all depends on what kind of actor you want to be at the end of the day and what you want to be "known for." I'm pretty bad at accents truthfully. I can do a variety of English accents, and I think I can do a Northern Irish accent but then I'm not entirely sure. I'm not really sure what accents are the hardest or the easiest. It all depends on the person! I find American accents a bit hard, personally.

Accents are hard. It probably takes a lot of practice. I think I can do like a texas accent, a new york accent, a french accent, a posh london accent, a cockney accent, a lancashire accent, a scottish accent. an irish accent, a welsh accent, a yorkshire accent, an italian accent, and a german accent.

Bored... Whats a good game to dl on android?
I've rediscovered a game I played years ago in the earlier days of facebook - Traveler IQ Challenge. Don't know if you can get it on your phone. It's a timed game but you can pause it. There are several categories and you are given a capital city for example. You click on where you think it is and you are then given the correct location and how many km you are from it. You progress through the levels and they get harder.

Killme.gif

Seeya later chickadees

So today I just submitted the last assessment of my Law Degree. So unless I fail (not worried about) or I some how have something to do I forgot to enroll in. I am done! Sure I still have a long way to go before the bar, but I don't even know if I want to do that. I will see how things go.

Now because the last year has been terrible, I have a month and then I head off to South America for 2 months. Central America for a month and a half and New York for a month.

:)

I think I am now currently for the first time in a very long time stress free. I don't have those shackles any more. Wow!

So today I just submitted the last assessment of my Law Degree. So unless I fail (not worried about) or I some how have something to do I forgot to enroll in. I am done! Sure I still have a long way to go before the bar, but I don't even know if I want to do that. I will see how things go.

Now because the last year has been terrible, I have a month and then I head off to South America for 2 months. Central America for a month and a half and New York for a month.

I think I am now currently for the first time in a very long time stress free. I don't have those shackles any more. Wow!

Congratulations! Smashing effort, top notch stuff. Do you have anything planned for your trip to South America, Central America, and New York?

Congrats dude. That's awesome. I'm really happy for you. Sounds like an amazing trip. Have a blast. Enjoy the break :)

I've rediscovered a game I played years ago in the earlier days of facebook - Traveler IQ Challenge. Don't know if you can get it on your phone. It's a timed game but you can pause it. There are several categories and you are given a capital city for example. You click on where you think it is and you are then given the correct location and how many km you are from it. You progress through the levels and they get harder.
Is this it?...

Screenshot_2015-03-16-17-55-26.png

Congratulations! Smashing effort, top notch stuff. Do you have anything planned for your trip to South America, Central America, and New York?

I am actually predominately going to be on tours. So it's all quite planned.

Galapagos Islands with a friend. Then the rest with a friend.

Then Peru, the Machu Piccu, doing the Lares Trek. Will make it to Bolivia, Chile, Peru, Uruguay, Argentina.

Then to Mexico. A couple weeks there, then a week on a beach. Then I will go to Belize, Guatamala, Honduras and Nicaragua.

Then I am not sure if I fly straight to NY or find 5 days or so to sit on a beach. In New York I have a friend with a place there. They may not be there for a lot of the time. So the plan is, stay for a while. Take it easy. Maybe fly off to Canada for a week and see some other friends. Head down to Washington and other places. Never been to NY.

So yeah, trip will be insane!

Congrats dude. That's awesome. I'm really happy for you. Sounds like an amazing trip. Have a blast. Enjoy the break :)

Cheers :)

I am actually predominately going to be on tours. So it's all quite planned.

Galapagos Islands with a friend. Then the rest with a friend.

Then Peru, the Machu Piccu, doing the Lares Trek. Will make it to Bolivia, Chile, Peru, Uruguay, Argentina.

Then to Mexico. A couple weeks there, then a week on a beach. Then I will go to Belize, Guatamala, Honduras and Nicaragua.

Then I am not sure if I fly straight to NY or find 5 days or so to sit on a beach. In New York I have a friend with a place there. They may not be there for a lot of the time. So the plan is, stay for a while. Take it easy. Maybe fly off to Canada for a week and see some other friends. Head down to Washington and other places. Never been to NY.

So yeah, trip will be insane!

Cheers :)

Sure does sound insane, but fun! Be sure to take lots of pictures of llamas.

Sounds interesting. How many times did you perform it?

We did it for a week.

That makes sense. I guess you have to show the audience that you are not just reciting lines. That the character you are playing is real with real feelings. Working on a soap would be interesting playing the same character year after year. I imagine it would get pretty boring.

I wouldn't mind being on a soap tbh. Well, as long as it was one of the good soaps. I'd love to have years and years to develop a character.

Accents are hard. It probably takes a lot of practice. I think I can do like a texas accent, a new york accent, a french accent, a posh london accent, a cockney accent, a lancashire accent, a scottish accent. an irish accent, a welsh accent, a yorkshire accent, an italian accent, and a german accent.

Impressive! Have you ever done any sort of performing?

Wow, congratulations! Your upcoming trip sounds amazing. Enjoy the stress free lifestyle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back