Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

So continuing my pepper spray saga… The wedding was on Saturday so I finally got to connect with a few people from the bachelorette party. Apparently I started some drunken drama with one of the girls and took off as we were on our way to get post-bar Chinese food. That said the pepper spray incident happened after I let the group. Still no memory of any of this happening.

The wedding itself was so much fun! I was told I couldn’t bring a date and flying solo I was a bit anxious. I also gained a lot of weight during COVID so not feeling like I look good in anything also added to my anxiety about going. That said once I met a few people all my anxiety went away and I managed to stay until the night ended. I also managed to pace myself enough that I remember the entire night.

If I ever get married I definitely want my wedding to be like this one. I also love self deprecating humour so I’d want to get roasted just as much as my friend did.

It’s wedding season, well I call it wedding season. I have 4 weddings in the coming 3 months. Just attended one as well. From September everyone seems to book. On top of all this is the kitchen teas, pre wedding parties, some have other things they do for cultural purposes. It’s pretty full on. Though I won’t whinge about it because I was there once upon a time and it’s pretty exciting for the couple. Guests? Well it depends on who the wedding is for I guess. But I do feel weddings now are very different to what they were and some are still fun and others are just a big production that looks great on social media, but there in person, can be really boring and controlling

It’s wedding season, well I call it wedding season. I have 4 weddings in the coming 3 months. Just attended one as well. From September everyone seems to book. On top of all this is the kitchen teas, pre wedding parties, some have other things they do for cultural purposes. It’s pretty full on. Though I won’t whinge about it because I was there once upon a time and it’s pretty exciting for the couple. Guests? Well it depends on who the wedding is for I guess. But I do feel weddings now are very different to what they were and some are still fun and others are just a big production that looks great on social media, but there in person, can be really boring and controlling
Haha funny you say that now. I’m in the Hunter Valley this weekend. Got a wedding tomorrow.

I love the wedding shaming subreddit! Some of it makes my blood boil.

I am always happy to go to a friend’s wedding and celebrate them but I wouldn’t say that I love or am excited to be invited to a wedding, and some become a huge ordeal just to to attend. But if I have friends and family there it’s usually fun.

I feel like I won’t go to a wedding for many years now though, I reckon they are all out of the way as of earlier this year.

I went fishing on the weekend (which was a mistake) cause being retired you don't know what day it is let alone public holidays & this weekend was a public holiday, thus long weekend.. AND wow, was it busy.. lots of boats & people fishing in the creeks & rivers nearby - we set some crab pots and only caught undersize or female crabs :confused: so no chilli crab for din dins... Fishing was crap on the 1st day as we stayed in the creeks which were teaming with small run abouts, so either fished out or the fish were hiding due to all the boat activity..

We went off shore the 2nd day and caught enough to make it a worth while trip..

b1.jpg

We set up camp on this creek as it has a very high bank (about 3 metres) as they're are a lot of snapping handbags in them thar waters.. O_O:biggrin: & one doesn't want them to wander into camp whilst you're snoozing....

b2.jpg

We went out to the islands where there are a few reefs to fish off.. Lovely nice flat calm ocean makes fishing a fun day :)

Trying to think whose work I actively avoid because I dislike the individual… there must be someone. But yep quite different if they are an actor or musician and one can theoretically still enjoy their work objectively versus where the project is the individual being themselves (in a presenting role I guess) and it’s much harder.
can't watch anything woody allen

So continuing my pepper spray saga… The wedding was on Saturday so I finally got to connect with a few people from the bachelorette party. Apparently I started some drunken drama with one of the girls and took off as we were on our way to get post-bar Chinese food. That said the pepper spray incident happened after I let the group. Still no memory of any of this happening.

The wedding itself was so much fun! I was told I couldn’t bring a date and flying solo I was a bit anxious. I also gained a lot of weight during COVID so not feeling like I look good in anything also added to my anxiety about going. That said once I met a few people all my anxiety went away and I managed to stay until the night ended. I also managed to pace myself enough that I remember the entire night.

If I ever get married I definitely want my wedding to be like this one. I also love self deprecating humour so I’d want to get roasted just as much as my friend did.
Sam Smith carpool karaoke w/surprise guests Jump to 11 01 to hear what Sam's elaborate wedding plans are lol

can't watch anything woody allen

Hmmm true. Luckily for me I was not a huge fan of his work and possibly haven’t seen any/much of it anyway. But I guess his vibe was always super creepy and he has probably been able to act predatory due to his success, so worth boycotting. But surely he’s been cancelled long ago.

Hmmm true. Luckily for me I was not a huge fan of his work and possibly haven’t seen any/much of it anyway. But I guess his vibe was always super creepy and he has probably been able to act predatory due to his success, so worth boycotting. But surely he’s been cancelled long ago.
I liked Annie Hall from his old stuff & Vicky, Christina Barcelona from the more recent

So it’s been unusually warm for this time of year. Snow in October isn’t uncommon. It usually doesn’t stick around for long. Typically snow that sticks around comes near the end of November/December. January/February are usually the coldest months.

I feel like I was thinking it was only August but nope we are nearly in November yeah so I guess that isn’t exactly unseasonable. Some people love cold weather but I think it’s not for me for more than a brief holiday.

Back