Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

Trying to think whose work I actively avoid because I dislike the individual… there must be someone. But yep quite different if they are an actor or musician and one can theoretically still enjoy their work objectively versus where the project is the individual being themselves (in a presenting role I guess) and it’s much harder.

I wonder if Meghan will get a reprieve from the media now that the queen has died. Probably not. She will be criticised no matter how she responds.

I hope no one can protect Andrew now. Charles doesn’t have the same level of power The Queen does so I imagine Andrew will no longer be able to hide.

Personally I don’t believe Meghan was Harry’s out as some kind of saviour gesture from his family. This stuff about someone needing to be saved needs to stop imo. I imagine it was hard for William and Harry when their mother died and knowing things they did in their family. But capitalising on sharing family grievances is not moving forward ot trying to heal. I do hope Meghan disappears though and stops capitalising from the monarchy too.

So my home was robbed. I’m not the only one on the street. It was one of the few times I didn’t wear my engagement ring and wedding band because I went to have a shower and took them off because I never wear them when I know I’ll be exfoliating and in a rush forgot to put them back on. They took other stuff but it’s one of the few materialistic items I care about as well as jewellery from my grandparents because these things can’t be really replaced or have the same value when they were given at the time. I’m also pissed off someone came into my home. I’m annoyed I didn’t put the alarm on too. Atm I’m just angry about the whole thing.

So my home was robbed. I’m not the only one on the street. It was one of the few times I didn’t wear my engagement ring and wedding band because I went to have a shower and took them off because I never wear them when I know I’ll be exfoliating and in a rush forgot to put them back on. They took other stuff but it’s one of the few materialistic items I care about as well as jewellery from my grandparents because these things can’t be really replaced or have the same value when they were given at the time. I’m also pissed off someone came into my home. I’m annoyed I didn’t put the alarm on too. Atm I’m just angry about the whole thing.

Oh how awful. That knowledge that someone has been rifling through your stuff is just awful. If you have photos of the rings maybe you could ask at local pawn shops in case they turn up there. I hope the cops catch up with them first. There's always a chance.

Oh my goodness how scary and what a horrible invasion of your privacy, I’m so sorry that that happened and you lost things that are important to you. Are the police of any help? Assuming you contacted them.

That is the worst. So sorry SG. Hopefully they can be found… it does happen.

No I don’t imagine it will. There is a small chance the media will give her a break or report on her in a very neutral way, purely out of respect for the queen.
Yeah… maybe. I don’t know. I think they may instead start to analyse the negative impact she may have had on the queens last year/s.

but yes. Andrew seems like a pain in the arse. even more so than Meghan.

Very Not OK. I am sending find Sweetgeek‘s engagement and wedding ring vibes.

The police never actually came to our place as the suburbs around us were also hit with what they are calling an organised home theft. Apparently one suburb had 12 robberies, another about 8, my one there were 6 in total. All in the same day! I thought we had moved on from robbing houses. But forensics came the next day and found some prints but not great ones as he believes they were wearing latex gloves. A police report was sent via mail though. It’s taken almost a whole week to clean up the house. They didn’t just steal but trashed the place. Every single cupboard/wardrobe had the shelves emptied and piled or scattered around on the floor. Glass was broken, liquid emptied everywhere. My kids rooms completely left upside down including drawers thrown and made dents in the walls. Currently dealing with insurance but they are just as frustrating tbh. The assessor’s are coming some time next week so hopefully we can get it all fixed. With my rings there were inscriptions on them and I’ve been told that shops cannot sell them back to public so there’s that tiniest of hope. But I am coming around to accepting that I may not see them again. Still angry about it all and the mess. We are now looking into getting surveillance all around our home.

Thanks Timmy. There’s an Indian newly wed couple a few houses down from me who were also robbed and she told me that she had more than 5 kilos of gold jewellery taken. She said the quality is much better than the ones in Australian shops as she said they are pure gold and were all gifted to her in India from both sides of the family. I can’t imagine how they must feel as some of it was passed on from great grandmothers etc.

But seriously I brought home invasions were done by the late 90’s possibly early 2000’s. I can’t believe this is still a thing.

Oh wow SG, how scary for you and your neighbours and how sad for the newlyweds. I can’t imagine how that must feel and the range of emotions including how frustrating the whole process with cleaning up must be.

I have to agree that I haven’t heard of many home invasions in ages but I suppose crime has continued (well minus in covid Iockdown times I suppose) although I have now remembered a small crime wave near me where people were breaking into houses to steal car keys. Someone apparently was in their house cooking dinner with the family around and during that time their car key and car was stolen!

The police never actually came to our place as the suburbs around us were also hit with what they are calling an organised home theft. Apparently one suburb had 12 robberies, another about 8, my one there were 6 in total. All in the same day! I thought we had moved on from robbing houses. But forensics came the next day and found some prints but not great ones as he believes they were wearing latex gloves. A police report was sent via mail though. It’s taken almost a whole week to clean up the house. They didn’t just steal but trashed the place. Every single cupboard/wardrobe had the shelves emptied and piled or scattered around on the floor. Glass was broken, liquid emptied everywhere. My kids rooms completely left upside down including drawers thrown and made dents in the walls. Currently dealing with insurance but they are just as frustrating tbh. The assessor’s are coming some time next week so hopefully we can get it all fixed. With my rings there were inscriptions on them and I’ve been told that shops cannot sell them back to public so there’s that tiniest of hope. But I am coming around to accepting that I may not see them again. Still angry about it all and the mess. We are now looking into getting surveillance all around our home.
I’m sorry you’re going through this right now. I’ve got to say the world has become a pretty fucked up since COVID and it doesn’t seem to be getting any better.

Oh wow SG, how scary for you and your neighbours and how sad for the newlyweds. I can’t imagine how that must feel and the range of emotions including how frustrating the whole process with cleaning up must be.

I have to agree that I haven’t heard of many home invasions in ages but I suppose crime has continued (well minus in covid Iockdown times I suppose) although I have now remembered a small crime wave near me where people were breaking into houses to steal car keys. Someone apparently was in their house cooking dinner with the family around and during that time their car key and car was stolen!
Wow! I mean it’s not like you can get much use from a car, unless maybe they were using it for another crime. That’s a strange one but really alarming since they boldly took the chance and stole while people were at home. Like @Kingston said, the world is pretty effed up at times.

Wow! I mean it’s not like you can get much use from a car, unless maybe they were using it for another crime. That’s a strange one but really alarming since they boldly took the chance and stole while people were at home. Like @Kingston said, the world is pretty effed up at times.

Yep I have to agree with all of that. Hopefully the world can recover because it truly seems a mess as of late.

Back