Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

Season 2 Episode 2; Donna confronts Mike about dating Rachel and she tells him to let her go. He says he’s unsure if they can work together afterwards. Donna tells Mike it’s possible and that the feelings eventually “go away”.

Donna is a great actress and an even better bullshiter.
I always thought it was Donna who had a thing for Harvey. But it never even eventuated more than her keeping her feelings to herself. The background story though in season 3. Interesting. I’m up to the heart attack part. I’ve really enjoyed the back and forth between Harvey and Louis but more so the depth it goes into rather than just banter. I don’t know why but that relationship has me really glued. Hoping more background knowledge will be shown in regards to those two and how they came to where they are. I’m over Scottie at this point

Highly recommended. I was hooked in from episode 1. After season 1 the series switches to a serialized story and it becomes even more addictive. Even with the lack of a serialized story in season 1 it’s still a very character driven story with lots of depth and well fleshed out characters.
I kind of lose interest in shows after a while (yet force myself to watch in hopes they get better) so I am surprised I stay tuned in with the character development. I think it helps they do the rare 5 years or 10 years back thing.

I kind of lose interest in shows after a while (yet force myself to watch in hopes they get better) so I am surprised I stay tuned in with the character development. I think it helps they do the rare 5 years or 10 years back thing.
I stopped watching somewhere around season 6.

I guess.
It‘s still a deterrent though.

But on the other hand I do need a show to binge on. Just watched Only Murders in the Building. Thinking maybe Reservation Dogs…
You can always skip her parts. Most of her scenes don’t interfere with the cases which are the focal points of the show. They add but not a huge factor.

I always thought it was Donna who had a thing for Harvey. But it never even eventuated more than her keeping her feelings to herself. The background story though in season 3. Interesting. I’m up to the heart attack part. I’ve really enjoyed the back and forth between Harvey and Louis but more so the depth it goes into rather than just banter. I don’t know why but that relationship has me really glued. Hoping more background knowledge will be shown in regards to those two and how they came to where they are. I’m over Scottie at this point
If anyone is keeping their feelings hidden it’s Harvey. Donna on the other hand thinks she is but in reality everyone knows she’s in love with him. That’s why they used it against her in Harvey’s mock trial causing her to walk out and why she was pissed at Mike for putting her in that situation.

I honestly hated Louis the first time around but on rewatch I gained an appreciation for him.

I also enjoy the flashbacks in this series. For a series that already had a tonne of depth they definitely add even more layers.

I’ve watched a few episodes recently from season 2 and I’ve got to say Daniel Hardman is the best “villain” of the series. Even now just the sight of him makes my skin crawl.

I just find Meghan annoying. Which is a deterrent in starting to watch it…
I started watching before she was a household name. I do agree with @Sephrenia though there’s a separation between Meghan Markle and Rachel Zane. Also even though she is part of the main cast Rachel’s storylines are mostly secondary to the main story arch’s of the series.

Sometimes I wonder if I’m the only person who doesn’t “hate” Meghan? Wouldn’t say I’m a fan, and probably her reputation is earned and no one has really ever come out and defended her. But something about constant vitriol never sits right with me so I feel the need to defend her. Only silently and in my mind and no doubt I’ll be proven wrong anyway but idk.

Sometimes I wonder if I’m the only person who doesn’t “hate” Meghan? Wouldn’t say I’m a fan, and probably her reputation is earned and no one has really ever come out and defended her. But something about constant vitriol never sits right with me so I feel the need to defend her. Only silently and in my mind and no doubt I’ll be proven wrong anyway but idk.
I like her. I loved her in Suits and as far as one can tell from the outside it looks to me like she is genuinely in love with Harry. I also don’t blame Harry for wanting to protect her and moving away. He saw the media and public start treating her not unlike the way his mother was treated.

I like her. I loved her in Suits and as far as one can tell from the outside it looks to me like she is genuinely in love with Harry. I also don’t blame Harry for wanting to protect her and moving away. He saw the media and public start treating her not unlike the way his mother was treated.

I knew I could count on you for not hating someone!

Somehow Meghan is the villain of the royal family while Prince Andrew is… not.

I don't like or dislike her but I do think she was totally unprepared for what is required to be part of the royal family...perhaps that's why they mainly stick with "their own"? I think they both genuinely love each other too and I can see why Harry wants to protect her from the media because of what his mother had to endure. But the public were always on Diana's side, not so much with Meghan though...perhaps they feel she took away their "Prince Charming" from them?

I don't like or dislike her but I do think she was totally unprepared for what is required to be part of the royal family...perhaps that's why they mainly stick with "their own"? I think they both genuinely love each other too and I can see why Harry wants to protect her from the media because of what his mother had to endure. But the public were always on Diana's side, not so much with Meghan though...perhaps they feel she took away their "Prince Charming" from them?

Yes I mean if she has driven him and his family apart then that’s not ideal but maybe Harry was keen to leave that life behind but never knew it was an option. They seem happy and in love with a lovely family and obviously Diana would be so thrilled about this, but I also think she would kind of get a kick out of how the whole thing has played out and the mild F U to the monarchy (minus the brothers possibly not being close anymore but who knows if that’s true).

I don’t ‘hate‘ her. I was quite optimistic when they got married. But well… I don’t like her. And she seems to be just making things worse for herself with each interview or publication.

If anyone is keeping their feelings hidden it’s Harvey. Donna on the other hand thinks she is but in reality everyone knows she’s in love with him. That’s why they used it against her in Harvey’s mock trial causing her to walk out and why she was pissed at Mike for putting her in that situation.

I honestly hated Louis the first time around but on rewatch I gained an appreciation for him.

I also enjoy the flashbacks in this series. For a series that already had a tonne of depth they definitely add even more layers.

I’ve watched a few episodes recently from season 2 and I’ve got to say Daniel Hardman is the best “villain” of the series. Even now just the sight of him makes my skin crawl.
I can’t believe you hated Louis at all. He is the underdog.

Daniel’s silent approach with his calm voice in causing trouble was great viewing. I wish he did more for some reason.

I’m up to the part where he no longer is a lawyer and I have to admit but doing that bank investor or finance thing, I’m kind of finding it a little less interesting- a little forced with him and Harvey against each other. I even found the whole Louis and Katrina thing forced. She completely changed characters.

I wouldn’t avoid a show, podcast or anything Meghan Markle is in. I can’t say I’m a fan of some things and do think she is calculating and controlling and unfortunately is unlikeable (well for me anyways) but there are some famous men who have done worse and are being tolerated so in the scheme of things she isn’t that bad.

Good point. But she really is a secondary character and unlike her podcast you wouldn’t be listening to herself giving her opinions but watching a character. But I get it and do think your convictions are strong in not supporting anything she may be in.

Also, I meant she hasn’t done anything criminal that I know of, so I couldn’t say it’s enough for me to ignore the show.

Back